Pro14 Final Leinster v Scarlets Sat 6PM Aviva Stadium

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Re: Pro14 Final Leinster v Scarlets Sat 6PM Aviva Stadium

Post by CiaranIrl »

Larmour's try was pure filth.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Experimental
Knowledgeable

Post by Experimental »

The double achieved, and in some style!! We kept Beirne very quiet. Scarlets were good aswell. Big game from Conan and master class from Sexton
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

wixfjord wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:As an isolated selection, i.e. ignored the eligibility conundrum, the scrum-half selection may comeback to bite us. Combined with the return of McNickoll possibly facing Larmour, Davies v McGrath is the best advantage Scarlets have today.
Thank god we managed to overcome that huge Scarlets advantage eh!
+1

And could anyone who argued McGrath was mis-cueing them long kicks last week last week please raise their hand!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

artaneboy wrote:
Sionnach wrote:Our best season ever?

Must be.
No doubt. The evidence in trophies and performance is clear.

Maybe not the unbridled euphoria & redemption of 2009, or the thrill of 2011, but we’re in a new space now: uncontested Top Dog in Europe- possibly the World...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was the most competitive year in Celtic year history, we had all the toughest teams in the cup.

The grand slam was heavy on Leinster players.

In 2009 Munster were the only team everyone was afraid of, money has changed that. We’ve had to rebuild more and faster with less imports.

This is a better Leinster and a tighter knit team.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Awesome - what a season - well done to all involved - proud of our team today
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Am floating on air. That was amazing. Scarlets are a bloody good team and we put them to the sword. So many magnificent moments, I don't know where to start. Well done to all concerned and thanks for the greatest ever season.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

paddyor wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:As an isolated selection, i.e. ignored the eligibility conundrum, the scrum-half selection may comeback to bite us. Combined with the return of McNickoll possibly facing Larmour, Davies v McGrath is the best advantage Scarlets have today.
Thank god we managed to overcome that huge Scarlets advantage eh!
+1

And could anyone who argued McGrath was mis-cueing them long kicks last week last week please raise their hand!
You can’t resist- can you. He was excellent today- in all aspects. But that says absolutely nothing on the intention his kicking last week. And of course, it means still less as to the merits of that supposed tactic. That kicking was poor; today he was great. That is all!

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Blue Voodoo
Knowledgeable

Post by Blue Voodoo »

Super performance today great end to a great season

The players on the pitch performed brilliantly

One gripe with the post match presentation some muppet decided that flying a large curtain type kite with the sponsors name on it was more important than several thousand paying spectators seeing the actual presentation - I was livid I've been to 3 euro finals and several league finals and always enjoyed the presentation of the trophy If I wanted to see it on a screen I could go to the local or watch onTV.
If I am paying top dollar for a seat I expect to see the presentation not a sponsors advert
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Blue Voodoo wrote:Super performance today great end to a great season

The players on the pitch performed brilliantly

One gripe with the post match presentation some muppet decided that flying a large curtain type kite with the sponsors name on it was more important than several thousand paying spectators seeing the actual presentation - I was livid I've been to 3 euro finals and several league finals and always enjoyed the presentation of the trophy If I wanted to see it on a screen I could go to the local or watch onTV.
If I am paying top dollar for a seat I expect to see the presentation not a sponsors advert
+ a few thousand other fans.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Me too ... everyone that wasn’t in West stand... disgraceful treatment by the title sponsor
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

A special mention for Mr. S Cronin. Dropped from the national squad in Nov., reportedly leaving us in December, Grand Slam winner in March, Hcup & P14 winner in May playing the fvcking rugby of his life.

No longer the (feigned praise) dynamic Sean Cronin, "great impact sub", who would be great if he could sort his darts out. He has been phenomenal, pure passion too and extremely vocal on the pitch. Class hooker must have the national team captain looking over his shoulder.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Anyone else notice Andrew Porter being introduced as AL when receiving his medal? :D
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Peg Leg wrote:A special mention for Mr. S Cronin. Dropped from the national squad in Nov., reportedly leaving us in December, Grand Slam winner in March, Hcup & P14 winner in May playing the fvcking rugby of his life.

No longer the (feigned praise) dynamic Sean Cronin, "great impact sub", who would be great if he could sort his darts out. He has been phenomenal, pure passion too and extremely vocal on the pitch. Class hooker must have the national team captain looking over his shoulder.
+1
Has Now scored tries in 3 Pro14 finals, a Heino final and the Challenge Cup final.
Is there anyone out there that can match that?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Peg Leg wrote:A special mention for Mr. S Cronin. Dropped from the national squad in Nov., reportedly leaving us in December, Grand Slam winner in March, Hcup & P14 winner in May playing the fvcking rugby of his life.

+1
And his throwing is now phenomenal in accuracy and consistency. Something that Best (and I am fan of Rory) has his own issues.

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
WhiskeyPapa
Beginner

Post by WhiskeyPapa »

blockhead wrote:

+1
Has Now scored tries in 3 Pro14 finals, a Heino final and the Challenge Cup final.
Is there anyone out there that can match that?
In addition, he was man of the match in the 2014 league final (to make up for not scoring a try in it)
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

His try reminded me of Stringer's one v Biarritz, so clever
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

was especially delighted for Ruddock/Conan yesterday.

Conan in particular has been written off by some since the 6 nations.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

So any of you who know me know how much I love stats - here's one of my favourites from yesterday....

Devin Toner's try was his first for Leinster in 5 years and 8 months (or 2093 days) - his last try for Leinster ( on September 1st 2012) was in our opening day fixture against Scarlets!!!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Anyone know if there's a link for the full game up yet? I quite fancy another go around.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

domhnallj wrote:Anyone know if there's a link for the full game up yet? I quite fancy another go around.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Le do thoil: https://rugbylist.blogspot.de/p/260518- ... rlets.html