18/19 Fixtures

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: 18/19 Fixtures

Post by Dave Cahill »

Can we get Belle & Sebastian or Camera Obscura to do the half-time show?
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:Can we get Belle & Sebastian or Camera Obscura to do the half-time show?
Good choices. My own personal preference - by some distance - would have to be The Jesus & Mary Chain. I'd take Mogwai though, if the brothers Reid were unavailable...

Think you'll like this, Dave. "All things pass" - 2017 from the J&MC!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8a5OhUBBsE
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

jimbobjoe wrote:
outcast eddie wrote:Guessing that was before the Commonwealth Games and the redevelopment of the area?
Went to Ibrox for the sevens at the CGs. If that's what redevelopment looks like I would have hated to see the area before!

Could be completely different for Celtic Park obviously - I've never been out that way.
Nothing was changed around ibrox for the commonwealth games.

Come to think of it very little was changed inside either.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

outcast eddie wrote:Guessing that was before the Commonwealth Games and the redevelopment of the area?
Ah, yes it would have been. Wasn't aware the area had been redeveloped.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

riocard911 wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Can we get Belle & Sebastian or Camera Obscura to do the half-time show?
Good choices. My own personal preference - by some distance - would have to be The Jesus & Mary Chain. I'd take Mogwai though, if the brothers Reid were unavailable...

Think you'll like this, Dave. "All things pass" - 2017 from the J&MC!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8a5OhUBBsE
Haven't liked anything JAMC have done since Honey's Dead to be honest - even Automatic is better than their post Honey's Dead output.

Plus, they'd probably have a row walking out to the stage, play one song out of tune then bugger off. I've actually seen that happen.

Chris Geddes from B&S used to be on the ground staff at Celtic Park.
I have Bumbleflex
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

kermischocolate wrote:
jimbobjoe wrote:
Went to Ibrox for the sevens at the CGs. If that's what redevelopment looks like I would have hated to see the area before!

Could be completely different for Celtic Park obviously - I've never been out that way.
Nothing was changed around ibrox for the commonwealth games.

Come to think of it very little was changed inside either.
Be fair, there's a whole new club playing there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Twist wrote:
Be fair, there's a whole new club playing there
This is true.
In fairness I've not stepped foot near the place since the commonwealth games final.

Ibrox pitch is too small for rugby (rows of seats were taken out for the 7s), hampden is horrible so I'm quite excited to see how Parkhead works out.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Kudos to Harpin On Rugby for continuing to provide a Leinster and Ireland fixture list that fits a whole season on one screen without stupid logos, unnecessary clutter, apps or calendar syncing.

http://www.harpinonrugby.net/p/results- ... 01718.html?

Ahhhh.

Or Focking useless tiles that take up loads of room for absolutely no reason whatever.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

I'm already looking forward to the Munster game over Christmas. The win down there last December was one of the stand-out performances of the season. It would be great if they could repeat the trick. It's just such an excellent opportunity for players who aren't necessarily first-choice to really go out and stake a claim.

If it's the same as last year with only, say, a third of the team made up of frontliners, picking the most influential first teamers in the most important positions (e.g. Ryan, Toner, Leavy, Ringrose) would give the hungry up-and-comers the best possible chance of performing

A team like...

1. Jack McGrath, 2. James Tracy, 3. Andrew Porter, 4. Devin Toner, 5. James Ryan, 6. Josh Murphy, 7. Dan Leavy, 8. Max Deegan, 9. Jamison Gibson-Park, 10. Ross Byrne, 11. Rory O'Loughlin, 12. Joe Tomane, 13. Garry Ringrose, 14. Fergus McFadden, 15. Jordan Larmour; 16. Bryan Byrne, 17. Ed Byrne, 18. Michael Bent, 19. Scott Fardy, 20. Caelan Doris, 21. Nick McCarthy, 22. Ciarán Frawley, 23. Barry Daly

...would still leave something like the following available for the home interpros

1. Cian Healy, 2. Sean Cronin, 3. Tadhg Furlong, 4. Ross Molony, 5. Scott Fardy, 6. Rhys Ruddock, 7. Josh van der Flier, 8. Jack Conan, 9. Luke McGrath, 10. Johnny Sexton, 11. James Lowe, 12. Robbie Henshaw, 13. Rory O'Loughlin, 14. Barry Daly, 15. Rob Kearney; 16. James Tracy, 17. Ed Byrne, 18. Michael Bent, 19. Josh Murphy, 20. Max Deegan, 21. Nick McCarthy, 22. Ross Byrne, 23. Fergus McFadden

A tough ask, but a real opportunity to lay down a marker and have new players step up
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

Anyone know when the exact fixtures for the October European weekends will be announced?
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

yellabelly1961 wrote:Anyone know when the exact fixtures for the October European weekends will be announced?
They tweeted on Friday July 27th that rounds 1-4 will be announced in roughly 2 weeks. 2 weeks would be Friday 10th August.
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

neill_m wrote:
yellabelly1961 wrote:Anyone know when the exact fixtures for the October European weekends will be announced?
They tweeted on Friday July 27th that rounds 1-4 will be announced in roughly 2 weeks. 2 weeks would be Friday 10th August.
Great! Thanks for the update
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

neill_m wrote:
Ahem... <taps watch>
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

johng wrote:Kudos to Harpin On Rugby for continuing to provide a Leinster and Ireland fixture list that fits a whole season on one screen without stupid logos, unnecessary clutter, apps or calendar syncing.

http://www.harpinonrugby.net/p/results- ... 01718.html?

Ahhhh.

Or Focking useless tiles that take up loads of room for absolutely no reason whatever.
More Kudos for updating with Celtic and Heineken cup fixtures.