18/19 Fixtures

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: 18/19 Fixtures

Post by johng »

domhnallj wrote:
johng wrote:That now makes it cheaper to get it for 9 months and cancel for the summer. 6 x 27.50 + 3 x 1
Might want to check they aren't offering a 12/24 min contract first.
No. 12 month contract is 245. Monthly with a 2 month minimum is the offer. So by the end of October you can cancel any time.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

nc6000 wrote:
johng wrote:How long does it take to get Eir on your sky box? Any deals going?
If you move your broadband to Eir then you can add the Eir Sports pack to your Sky boxes for free. This is what I've done. I cancelled Sky Sports and moved my broadband to Eir. It's working out about €50 a month cheaper for me although I will miss out on whatever rugby Sky still have.
Yeah. That's not a bad option if it suits you. Doesn't suit me. I would need to get an Eir landline which I really really don't want to do and also have my broadband speed quartered at best.

I did cancel sky sports though. and halved my sky bill.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

neiliog93 wrote:Very good fixture list for us. Can see us going 17-4 (losing away to Munster, Ulster, Edinburgh and Scarlets only).
Would expect us to lose in Cardiff first up, but otherwise I would agree. Something like 74 points if we bargain for 10 bonus points total. Would likely be enough to top the conference.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

How many chickens?
Four Stars
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Lar wrote:How many chickens?
crossed the road?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Degz wrote:
crossed the road?
in the hand?
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

riocard911 wrote:
Degz wrote:
crossed the road?
in the hand?
does it take to change a lightbulb?
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Just talking to somebody in Toulouse (fan not Club Offical) and they think that they will be travelling to Dublin for first round of EPCR in October with Leinster back to them for last game of the Pool. His logic was that Toulouse play Castres and Agen at home in successive weeks in Sept & first weekend of October and they never play three home games in a row.

If he's correct, our schedule of Pool games would appear to be:

1st.........................Toulouse RDS
2nd........................ Bath The REC
3rd.........................Wasps Coventry
4th.........................Wasps Aviva
5th.........................Bath RDS
6th........................ Toulouse The Pink City somewhere

I reckon those fixtures would also suit both Broadcasters, although we may end up with a Sunday fixture against Toulouse. Not a bad batch if they worked out like this
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

For anyone interested. Tickets on sale now for Connacht v Leinster in September.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

johng wrote:How long does it take to get Eir on your sky box? Any deals going?
About 30 mins, Just give them a call and have your Sky account number to hand so that they can route it to you.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Celtic Park confirmed for the final. Seriously dodgy area for it.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

molloyjh wrote:Celtic Park confirmed for the final. Seriously dodgy area for it.
Eh??
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

kermischocolate wrote:
molloyjh wrote:Celtic Park confirmed for the final. Seriously dodgy area for it.
Eh??
The area around Celtic Park is (or at least was when I was last there) pretty rough.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

molloyjh wrote:
kermischocolate wrote:
Eh??
The area around Celtic Park is (or at least was when I was last there) pretty rough.
No, it's not.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

molloyjh wrote:
kermischocolate wrote:
Eh??
It is compared to Ailesbury Road.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

molloyjh wrote:
kermischocolate wrote:
Eh??
Guessing that was before the Commonwealth Games and the redevelopment of the area?
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Degz wrote:
molloyjh wrote:
kermischocolate wrote: Eh??
It is compared to Ailesbury Road.
Roughness is always relative.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

outcast eddie wrote:Guessing that was before the Commonwealth Games and the redevelopment of the area?
Went to Ibrox for the sevens at the CGs. If that's what redevelopment looks like I would have hated to see the area before!

Could be completely different for Celtic Park obviously - I've never been out that way.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

jimbobjoe wrote:
outcast eddie wrote:Guessing that was before the Commonwealth Games and the redevelopment of the area?
Went to Ibrox for the sevens at the CGs. If that's what redevelopment looks like I would have hated to see the area before!

Could be completely different for Celtic Park obviously - I've never been out that way.
The Ibrox area (and places like Hampden, Kelvingrove and Scotstoun) received no structural legacy from the CWG. The East end of Glasgow around Celtic Park saw most re-development.

Either way I love the place (Glasgow, not CP) and think its a great location for the final. Looking forward to it with typical Leinster supporters hubris.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

outcast eddie wrote:
jimbobjoe wrote:

The Ibrox area (and places like Hampden, Kelvingrove and Scotstoun) received no structural legacy from the CWG. The East end of Glasgow around Celtic Park saw most re-development.

Either way I love the place (Glasgow, not CP) and think its a great location for the final. Looking forward to it with typical Leinster supporters hubris.
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks