Cardiff v Leinster Fri 7.35 Eir/TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Re: Cardiff v Leinster Fri 7.35 Eir/TG4

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

backrower8 wrote:Apart from his appalling rugby performance I was also disgusted with how Tomane behaved during and after the match because it sent the wrong signals about his attitude.

When Nick Williams was jogging off as he was subbed, Tomane calls him over to shake hands, they were 10-15m apart at the time. Then, after the final whistle, he was Mr Chatty Man with lots of the Cardiff players. I don’t know the guy’s character and maybe that is how he generally rolls, but when you are in the middle of playing a shocker in your first competitive match for the double Champions, and then after it, I think you should keep the head down and get to the sheds ASAP intent on redoubling your efforts next time out. Not chilling and cracking jokes.

He was an embarrassment and let his teammates down too many tines in the match. I can accept defensive misreads easier than getting stripped in contact - especially with his physique.

I am very concerned by this guy and our lack of cover generally in midfield.

Luke Fitzgerald called him ‘a great bit of business’ and I agreed based largely on reputation. So far it looks like we were both wrong.
Are you for real? Like is this a real comment or did you just put a load of words into a bullsh1t generator and pasted what came out?

Sportsmanship is not a new concept. And seeing a player chatting and reaching out to the opposition is a pretty nice thing to see.

You have no idea what he said in the changing room to the lads, you have no idea if he put his hand up in the video review session.

He did post on Insta saying he played poorly but he was honoured to be playing for Leinster.

He is also brilliant at responding to well wishers on his posts with thanks.

So clearly what we have seen here is a nice person doing nice person things and clearly enjoying being in an environment that means a lot to him
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

backrower8 wrote:
When Nick Williams was jogging off as he was subbed, Tomane calls him over to shake hands, they were 10-15m apart at the time. Then, after the final whistle, he was Mr Chatty Man with lots of the Cardiff players. I don’t know the guy’s character and maybe that is how he generally rolls, but when you are in the middle of playing a shocker in your first competitive match for the double Champions, and then after it, I think you should keep the head down and get to the sheds ASAP intent on redoubling your efforts next time out. Not chilling and cracking jokes.
Whatever about criticising his performance, but jesus christ that's embarrassing mate.
arsebiscuits1 wrote: Are you for real? Like is this a real comment or did you just put a load of words into a bullsh1t generator and pasted what came out?
:lol:
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Keep your own tone in check and less of the personal abuse while you are at it there Chief.

I watched the match with others who know the sport and share a love of sportsmanship...but who were as annoyed as I was at Tomane who was ridiculous in how he carried himself in the context of his performance.

When he should have been focussing on making amends for his several really poor contributuions, no, he was beckoning the subbed Nick Williams over 15m or so for a handshake! We were losing 29-19. When did you see Isa or BOD or Darce do that? Cop on to yourself. That was a major indicator of a bad attitude. This isn't minor leagues.

Then his post-match exuberance on the field was just wrong. Wrong message to team mates, who he had let down, and wrong message to fans who expect more of people who wear the jersey. A lot more.

I have noted his online persona. Seems like a lovely guy. His online persona is irrelevant when he is representing Leinster like the people he trains with and have worn that jersey before him. They are all lovely guys too but they didn't/don't act all matey during a game, especially when they are letting their team down, and they weren't/aren't the life and soul of the apres match formalities after playing a shocker.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Let's see how Tomane responds with his next performance on the pitch, I think he is due a bit of slack, first game of the year and all that, new club, new systems etc. He was very poor, I am concerned but give him a chance, not the first good player to have howler of a game and as for the rant above about being nice to big Nick, come on...........measure of him is how he responds on the pitch.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Thought it was a nice touch myself.

He'd a sh!t first game but I remember the ridiculous criticism Isa faced in his first few. Guys got pedigree, he wasn't signed for September 2018.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

backrower8 wrote:
Then his post-match exuberance on the field was just wrong. Wrong message to team mates, who he had let down, and wrong message to fans who expect more of people who wear the jersey. A lot more.

I assume you were the guy who tweeted him directly twice to tell him this as well were you?

Cop on to yourself is apt alright.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

I thought his attitude reeked of respect for his peers. He's just started in a new league and getting to meet familiar faces for the first time in a long time. I can recall Isa shaking hands with some opposition players (no recollection of who when) but if I was to guess we were winning and Isa was amazing.

Attitude was grand, skills? They need a dose of wd40.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

backrower8 wrote:Keep your own tone in check and less of the personal abuse while you are at it there Chief.

I watched the match with others who know the sport and share a love of sportsmanship...but who were as annoyed as I was at Tomane who was ridiculous in how he carried himself in the context of his performance.

When he should have been focussing on making amends for his several really poor contributuions, no, he was beckoning the subbed Nick Williams over 15m or so for a handshake! We were losing 29-19. When did you see Isa or BOD or Darce do that? Cop on to yourself. That was a major indicator of a bad attitude. This isn't minor leagues.

I have noted his online persona. Seems like a lovely guy. His online persona is irrelevant when he is representing Leinster like the people he trains with and have worn that jersey before him. They are all lovely guys too but they didn't/don't act all matey during a game, especially when they are letting their team down, and they weren't/aren't the life and soul of the apres match formalities after playing a shocker.
I would suggest your being a bit too personal with your criticism of anything other than how he played. Islanders are very clannish with their own and it’s a show of respect I think in their eyes. I’ve seen Isa doing it many times over the years. At the end it’s one game Tomane will be rated on the season, same any other player is.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Peg Leg wrote:I thought his attitude reeked of respect for his peers. He's just started in a new league and getting to meet familiar faces for the first time in a long time. I can recall Isa shaking hands with some opposition players (no recollection of who when) but if I was to guess we were winning and Isa was amazing.

Attitude was grand, skills? They need a dose of wd40.
You make him sound like a Summer exchange student. Let’s see what happens next.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

wixfjord wrote:
backrower8 wrote:

I assume you were the guy who tweeted him directly twice to tell him this as well were you?

CSI wixfjord! I was also one of the first to welcome him online. And will applaud him if he delivers. I don’t suffer fools. His performance as an experienced international and marquee signing was betrayed in his body language. He is replacing Isa, a fellow islander, and will be measured by that yardstick. Social media is two way and my remarks were measured and to the point. Nothing anonymous. Big boys stuff. I am sure he can handle fair criticism.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Real rugby goys get it
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

backrower8 wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
backrower8 wrote:

CSI wixfjord! I was also one of the first to welcome him online. And will applaud him if he delivers. I don’t suffer fools. His performance as an experienced international and marquee signing was betrayed in his body language. He is replacing Isa, a fellow islander, and will be measured by that yardstick. Social media is two way and my remarks were measured and to the point. Nothing anonymous. Big boys stuff. I am sure he can handle fair criticism.
"Big boy stuff" ... "Fair criticism" ... Hah!

"You're shaking too many hands Joe! Keep your post match friendliness to......" Well exactly when does your embargo on friendliness end??
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Joe needs to trim that hair and stop shaking hands. Maybe steal a few pens aswell. Only then will we accept him.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:Real rugby goys get it
+1
Daniel Sullivan
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

backrower8 wrote:Keep your own tone in check and less of the personal abuse while you are at it there Chief.
If you're interpreting what I said as personal abuse, you need a thicker skin or a thicker dictionary :lol:
backrower8 wrote:He was an embarrassment and let his teammates down too many tines in the match.
While we're on the topic of personal abuse....
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Peg Leg wrote:
+1
I'm old school too and I get it."Keep your mind on your business", as my Dad used to say, fadó. +2
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

backrower8 wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
backrower8 wrote:

Typed from an anonymous account.

Trying for irony??
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

backrower8 wrote:CSI wixfjord! I was also one of the first to welcome him online. And will applaud him if he delivers. I don’t suffer fools. His performance as an experienced international and marquee signing was betrayed in his body language. He is replacing Isa, a fellow islander, and will be measured by that yardstick. Social media is two way and my remarks were measured and to the point. Nothing anonymous. Big boys stuff. I am sure he can handle fair criticism.
I haven't seen the tweets, but if these posts are anything to go by I'm not sure I'd be using the word "fair". You seem to be only too quick to hop on anything you don't like and have a go. It's absolute nonsense at this point. I hope JT knows you aren't reflective of the majority of supporters. He has a lot of work to do. I'm sure he knows that himself. Let's at least have the decency to give him some time.

Although you don't seem keen on decency from what you're writing.....
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

riocard911 wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
+1
I'm old school too and I get it."Keep your mind on your business", as my Dad used to say, fadó. +2
Wooosh, OSS was inferencing BR8 and his propensity to get a bit protective of his sport, it's values, his people and such.
They disagreed over the Munster Toss/Boss thread and OSS is a bit of a WUM.
I'm +1ing the joke. Not the sentiment.
Daniel Sullivan
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

backrower8 wrote: I watched the match with others who know the sport and share a love of sportsmanship...but who were as annoyed as I was at Tomane who was ridiculous in how he carried himself in the context of his performance.
I love this justification, which is basically, "I hang out with goys just like me". I'm sure you do lad. I'm sure you do.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”