A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v Embra RDS Sat 7.35 Eir/Premier

Post by mildlyinterested »

cormac wrote:
johng wrote:
Mickado wrote:James Lowe is nearly worth the price of a season ticket by himself.

1 try given, 2 disallowed and he made another which wasn't given. And I've never seen someone manage to catch the ball and make a tackle at the same time.
And next season hgv is IQ. So no more 3 into 2.
I'm concerned that Fardy's contract ending this season will lead to another Nathan Hines style departure.
Hopefully not. Has Leinster not sacrificed enough for Ireland?
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

deco wrote:
hugonaut wrote:I thought that was a five star performance, really enjoyed it.

Very, very impressed by how well Josh van der Flier has come back from injury. He really sets a high bar as a professional - works incredibly hard, doesn't do anything to bring adverse attention to himself or the team, plays very hard but fair. He looks like he has never been away.

To be honest, everyone played well, both with the ball and without it. The defense was outstanding in the first half, and a couple of the tries were pretty phenomenal. It was that sort of showing. I remember going to games in the Matt O'Connor era and sometimes it felt like a penance. Going to see this side is a real pleasure at the moment.
I missed the match but yes, during the MOCalypse even the victories were like a penance. Cullens Leinster is a joy to watch.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

the spoofer wrote:
deco wrote:

Very, very impressed by how well Josh van der Flier has come back from injury. He really sets a high bar as a professional - works incredibly hard, doesn't do anything to bring adverse attention to himself or the team, plays very hard but fair. He looks like he has never been away.

To be honest, everyone played well, both with the ball and without it. The defense was outstanding in the first half, and a couple of the tries were pretty phenomenal. It was that sort of showing. I remember going to games in the Matt O'Connor era and sometimes it felt like a penance. Going to see this side is a real pleasure at the moment.
I missed the match but yes, during the MOCalypse even the victories were like a penance. Cullens Leinster is a joy to watch.
Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

mildlyinterested wrote:
johng wrote:
Mickado wrote:James Lowe is nearly worth the price of a season ticket by himself.

1 try given, 2 disallowed and he made another which wasn't given. And I've never seen someone manage to catch the ball and make a tackle at the same time.
And next season hgv is IQ. So no more 3 into 2.
No sure that affects the 3 into 2 rule, but not an expert on that.
It certainly does if he’s selected and plays for Ireland; then he’s deemed “Irish” and off that non-Kolpak list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

artaneboy wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
It certainly does if he’s selected and plays for Ireland; then he’s deemed “Irish” and off that non-Kolpak list.
So KPH actually needs to play for Ireland and not just be IQ for him to be considered off the non-Kolpak list?
Four Stars
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

I’d be more worried about Lowe after his interview with Eir sport after the game. He didn’t seem too happy to not getting regular games with the team. On his performances there would be numerous big money clubs looking at him
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Theleinsterlad wrote:I’d be more worried about Lowe after his interview with Eir sport after the game. He didn’t seem too happy to not getting regular games with the team. On his performances there would be numerous big money clubs looking at him
Yeah but if he stays he'll be getting Ireland caps by the bucket load.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Theleinsterlad wrote:I’d be more worried about Lowe after his interview with Eir sport after the game. He didn’t seem too happy to not getting regular games with the team. On his performances there would be numerous big money clubs looking at him
think you are over-egging his unhappiness there.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

He is on a 3 year contract the final year of which is unfettered by 3 into 2 rule. And at the end of that he qualifies for Ireland as one of the last 3 year rule chaps. It's all gravy for a lad who could have his career ended at any point due to his condition.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

johng wrote:He is on a 3 year contract the final year of which is unfettered by 3 into 2 rule. And at the end of that he qualifies for Ireland as one of the last 3 year rule chaps. It's all gravy for a lad who could have his career ended at any point due to his condition.
why will it be unfettered?

If JGP, Fardy and he are here next season the rule will still apply afaik.
Serb
Mullet

Leinster v Embra RDS Sat 7.35 Eir/Premier

Post by Serb »

Lar wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
So KPH actually needs to play for Ireland and not just be IQ for him to be considered off the non-Kolpak list?
This is all incorrect. Being considered a “foreign” player has zero to do with Irish qualification. You have to be resident in a European country for three years under contract to a rugby team to be considered naturalised.

It just so happens that three years is the same amount of time it currently takes for JGP to become IQ.

For non KOLPAK players who fall under the five year period for Irish qualification, they’ll still be considered naturalised after three years.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

mildlyinterested wrote:
johng wrote:He is on a 3 year contract the final year of which is unfettered by 3 into 2 rule. And at the end of that he qualifies for Ireland as one of the last 3 year rule chaps. It's all gravy for a lad who could have his career ended at any point due to his condition.

JGP will be excluded from the rule and Fardy's contract is up. I'm sure Leinster won't be stupid enough to sign another player who would put them back in the same situation.
Last edited by johng on September 24th, 2018, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

mildlyinterested wrote:

Gibson-Park will be Irish qualified
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

They will have Tomane (Outside the rule) and Lowe as NIQs as current contracts stand. If they re sign (Or are allowed to) Fardy they would have one NIQ spot left which they would have to fill with a Kolpak player
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Serb wrote:
This is all incorrect. Being considered a “foreign” player has zero to do with Irish qualification. You have to be resident in a European country for three years under contract to a rugby team to be considered naturalised.

It just so happens that three years is the same amount of time it currently takes for JGP to become IQ.

For non KOLPAK players who fall under the five year period for Irish qualification, they’ll still be considered naturalised after three years.
Ah right, so once JGP qualifies for ireland he is excluded.. then we will have two non-kolpak players assuming Fardy/Lowe are here at the time.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

+1

The last two performances have been serious statements. Regardless of the opposition, we have gone about our business in a professional manner, playing highly attractive, yet effective, rugby.
I cannot remember a more fluent season start. Loads of squad players used but seemless reintroduction of internationals.

In addition to all the other players mentioned above, I have been particularly impressed with how good Sexton has been: he was everywhere on Saturday. He's involved in everything and is really taking the ball right on the gainline, as well as making multiple tackles in defensive sets. Great to see. Only concern, as mentioned above, is his poor/disrespectful communication with the ref.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Who and what condition?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

paddyor wrote:
Who and what condition?
James Lowe and his arthritis.. presumably... although not sure how much of an issue that really is week to week.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Lowe has arthritis and is on medication (most likely an immunosuppressant and biologic) it makes his recovery after matches difficult.

It is amazing that a guy with that autoimmune difficulty can be such a beast and such a positive chap!
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

I'm wrong. Conflating IQ residency period and Kolpak.