Leinster v Embra RDS Sat 7.35 Eir/Premier

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

D4surfer
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Embra RDS Sat 7.35 Eir/Premier

Post by D4surfer »

Just in from the match. A good patient performance overall. The defence on our line was fantastic on the couple of occasions Edinburgh got into our 22. Lowe for me was Man of the Match for his enthusiasm alone.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dev motm
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Who got MoTM? You'd have to give it to one of the pack, given the work they put in, but I thought Larmour looked really sharp. He would have had my vote.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Healy?
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Agree big Dev was brilliant tonight, however no one in the team let us down tonight. Seriously physical defence in first half. Omg JVF is truly back with a bang, funny watching Leavy on sideline walking up and down waiting to get on. Hopefully HIA won’t have him out too long.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Logorrhea wrote:Who got MoTM? You'd have to give it to one of the pack, given the work they put in, but I thought Larmour looked really sharp. He would have had my vote.
Healy got it. Dev and Josh were both awesome. The pack looked the business tonight.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Serious performance, crucially including defence and set pieces. Things are brewing nicely. The chemistry between Larmour and Lowe is getting quite sexy.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wwed
Learner

Post by wwed »

Very satisfactory display - although not unexpected given the strong team we had out. Dev, Lowe, Healy, VDF and Kearney all very good.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

D4surfer wrote:Just in from the match. A good patient performance overall. The defence on our line was fantastic on the couple of occasions Edinburgh got into our 22. Lowe for me was Man of the Match for his enthusiasm alone.
I wouldn't be getting too excited about it, they were a bit useless. We had 85 tackles to their 53 metres after we cleared from their lines. Tight 5 put in massive shift when they were on our line around 30 mins but if there was try on for Edinburgh at one point if they'd just sent it out to their left. A better team would have scored it.

Probably the best I've seen from Mick Kearney in blue.

Healy deserving MOTM IMO.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Johnny seemed to be having verbals with the ref on a number of occasions. Can anyone watching on TV shed any light on it.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

D4surfer wrote:Johnny seemed to be having verbals with the ref on a number of occasions. Can anyone watching on TV shed any light on it.
"It was in it's shite" (to the ref) is what you're looking for as he made way for RB
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Agree with others on Kearney - big statement from him tonight and great to see it. Healy look possessed. With all the goings on regarding concussions - youngsters wanting to learn tackle technique look no further than Ringrose - superb tackle technician.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

VDF all over the place tackling everything, Toner super, Larmour and Lowe had lots of fun...........particularly enjoyed what seemed like 20 mins of the scots in the first half inside our 5 meter line trying to score after a zillion phases and coming away with nothing.........

All good, and moving in the right direction..........just hope James Ryan is fine..........only worry, said HIA but shoulder was being looked at too ?? Any info ??

Kearney was good too !! 2nd Row looking ok..............Toner, Ryan, Fardy, Kearney, Molony.........

And please wrap J10 up in bubble-wrap, too many big hits on him again tonite.....
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

It seems like we are playing our frontliners a lot earlier this season compared to previous years. Why is that? The general concensus was that we would see very little of them this year with the WC on the horizon. I fear the answer to my question TBH. Joe has a plan up his sleeve that will derail our season in order to finally win a WCQF.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

blockhead wrote:It seems like we are playing our frontliners a lot earlier this season compared to previous years. Why is that? The general concensus was that we would see very little of them this year with the WC on the horizon. I fear the answer to my question TBH. Joe has a plan up his sleeve that will derail our season in order to finally win a WCQF.
Get some game time out of them before Munster comes knocking looking to pad out their squad a bit more............... :D :D
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Blueberry wrote:
blockhead wrote:It seems like we are playing our frontliners a lot earlier this season compared to previous years. Why is that? The general concensus was that we would see very little of them this year with the WC on the horizon. I fear the answer to my question TBH. Joe has a plan up his sleeve that will derail our season in order to finally win a WCQF.
Get some game time out of them before Munster comes knocking looking to pad out their squad a bit more............... :D :D
Doubt that's the reason. We played them 3 times last season and won easily each time while resting most of our frontliners.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

With the extra AI vs Italy we'll be missing them for a total of 8 games (due to international call-ups/training camps in the AIs and 6N) from 21 in the Pro14 this season. They were only released back 2 weeks in. Which leaves 11/12 games.

We didn't have them for:
Cardiff (A)
Scarlets (A)

During the AIs they'll be away for:
Treviso (A) - Saturday before Italy
Kings (A) - Sunday straight after Italy game
Ospreys (H) - Friday before USA game

For the 6N they'll be unavailable for:
Scarlets (H) - week before the 6N opener against England
Zebre (A) - Week after Scotland
Kings (H) - Friday of Italy game
Cheetahs (H) - Rest week after Italy
Edinburgh (A) the week after the 6N ends

Now obviously injuries/mins played comes into play, but you know what I mean. Ignoring the season openers, Scarlets and ospreys aside that's not the worst run of fixtures to be missing them for. Should have them for Munster, Glasgow, Connacht & Ulster at home(though the way the games are scheduled it's unlikely they'll all play).
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Reckon everything the internationals at the four provinces do currently is geared primarily towards having them in flying form for the November 17 showdown between the top two teams in World Rugby rankings in Lansdowne Road.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

World cup or not the guys need to be playing to keep improving or stay at peak performance, I don't see it as any different to last season. They are being played to get up to speed with each other and then mid season their gametime will be curtailed to the H cup and big Pro14 games.

I watched the game last night on TV after getting back and have to say I'm a bit concerned about Johnny mouthing off at the ref as he left the field. He is captain now and is leading the team, the last we need is more refs who dislike us. I love his drive and passion but not doing it to the ref. It also doesn't send the right message to kids watching, Ive always been proud of the respect rugby at all levels gives its officials.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Theleinsterlad wrote:World cup or not the guys need to be playing to keep improving or stay at peak performance, I don't see it as any different to last season. They are being played to get up to speed with each other and then mid season their gametime will be curtailed to the H cup and big Pro14 games.

I watched the game last night on TV after getting back and have to say I'm a bit concerned about Johnny mouthing off at the ref as he left the field. He is captain now and is leading the team, the last we need is more refs who dislike us. I love his drive and passion but not doing it to the ref. It also doesn't send the right message to kids watching, Ive always been proud of the respect rugby at all levels gives its officials.
100%. He needs to knock that off; same in the Oz tests - 'I know you hate me but etc. etc.'

Not good enough.