Connacht Away Sept 29th 5.15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Connacht Away Sept 29th 5.15

Post by wixfjord »

curates_egg wrote:
Thought Aki was lucky not to get cautioned at least last week, so if he brings that "form", I hope Lacey won't turn a blind eye.
What did he do last week that he was lucky not to get cautioned for?
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

wixfjord wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
Thought Aki was lucky not to get cautioned at least last week, so if he brings that "form", I hope Lacey won't turn a blind eye.
What did he do last week that he was lucky not to get cautioned for?
Back chat a couple of times. He has a habit of disrespecting refs.
He was involved in some afters too, which didn't look great on the replay. I think it was the Scarlets' scrumhalf, who may have provoked him. Probably six of one, half dozen of the other. Haven't seen it since on social meeja.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

He threw a ball at someone. I was only half watching so not sure of the context.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:He threw a ball at someone. I was only half watching so not sure of the context.
Aye. That were it. Ball in the face. Then mouthed off at the ref (not the only time he mouthed off at the ref though).
He comes across as so petulant on the pitch.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Rúaidhrí O'Connor a little wide of the mark here so. :lol:

'when Leo Cullen, Johann van Graan, Dan McFarland and Andy Friend name their teams at noon today, there are likely to be key names missing from the visiting sides'

'So, it seems unlikely that Johnny Sexton will be asked to travel to Galway tomorrow, at least not as a starter'.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 62681.html
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

After a decent if relatively low key start to the season for Leinster, it starts to ramp up now.

First up are two tough inter-provincial derbies away to Connacht and at home to Munster before the visit of Wasps to the RDS and then a trip to Toulouse in the Heineken Cup (isn't it great that we can call it that again?). We've seen in the past where the results in these block of games can set the tone for the rest of the season. Leinster looked in fairly decent shape last week though. The first half was a fairly turgid affair but it was lit up by the superb movement and passing for the James Lowe try and Leinster played some nice stuff after that to win comfortably. However they will face a big rise in intensity when they take on Connacht in Galway tomorrow evening.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

limecat wrote:Match Preview

After a decent if relatively low key start to the season for Leinster, it starts to ramp up now.

First up are two tough inter-provincial derbies away to Connacht and at home to Munster before the visit of Wasps to the RDS and then a trip to Toulouse in the Heineken Cup (isn't it great that we can call it that again?). We've seen in the past where the results in these block of games can set the tone for the rest of the season. Leinster looked in fairly decent shape last week though. The first half was a fairly turgid affair but it was lit up by the superb movement and passing for the James Lowe try and Leinster played some nice stuff after that to win comfortably. However they will face a big rise in intensity when they take on Connacht in Galway tomorrow evening.

Read more...
Dunno is it just me, but when I click the LEI vs EDI review and not the CON vs LEI review comes up.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

riocard911 wrote:
limecat wrote:Match Preview

Read more...
Dunno is it just me, but when I click the LEI vs EDI review and not the CON vs LEI review comes up.
#metoo
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

Very late folks but if anyone has one spare ticket I would gratefully take it off their hands.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

wixfjord wrote:Molony is an interesting one. Would've thought MK would be benching after his cameo last week. Really hard to tell who Leocaster rates as our fourth second rower at the moment. Very interested to see how Tomane goes tomorrow. Big big test for him.
One swallow and all that I suppose. Molony has captained the team in the past year IIRC so there is that.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

bronxbull wrote:Very late folks but if anyone has one spare ticket I would gratefully take it off their hands.

Got a terrace one thanks

FourMasters
Knowledgeable

Post by FourMasters »

curates_egg wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:He threw a ball at someone. I was only half watching so not sure of the context.
Aye. That were it. Ball in the face. Then mouthed off at the ref (not the only time he mouthed off at the ref though).
He comes across as so petulant on the pitch.

Very true, but only in a Connacht shirt. I figure he knows that Schmidt wouldn't tolerate it, and he (Aki) is perfectly capable of reigning it in. So either his two coaches out west have been lax on him, or they see some team advantage from his antics.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

That must be one of the best teams ever to play at the Sportsgrounds. 8 players who were in the Grand Slam XXIII are starting. Only Joe Tomane doesn't have a European Cup medal from last season but he's an Australian international. Leinster are gonna pull into Galway armed with about 500 international caps and about 40 medals. Fully expect them to leave them on the bus and go in there and do a f%~king number on Connacht.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

suisse wrote:That must be one of the best teams ever to play at the Sportsgrounds. 8 players who were in the Grand Slam XXIII are starting. Only Joe Tomane doesn't have a European Cup medal from last season but he's an Australian international. Leinster are gonna pull into Galway armed with about 500 international caps and about 40 medals. Fully expect them to leave them on the bus and go in there and do a f%~king number on Connacht.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.
It's either Hell or Connacht this evening. :wink:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Are Connacht our new Munster?
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Interested to see how Tomane goes today in particular.

Weather looks pretty good in Galway for a change today!
harblstuff
Bookworm

Post by harblstuff »

wixfjord wrote:Interested to see how Tomane goes today in particular.

One minute in and he concedes three. Off to a great start.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

harblstuff wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Interested to see how Tomane goes today in particular.

One minute in and he concedes three. Off to a great start.
That wasn’t Tomane’s fault
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Is this being played in Glasgow or Galway? Booooo
Look out Itchy, he's Irish