Leinster v Wasps Friday BT Sport 7.45

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster v Wasps Friday BT Sport 7.45

Post by cormac »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:how long until JCB is IQ?

then the question of 2 from 3 goes away
August 2019. Both him and Fardy are also out of contract at the end of this season.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

cormac wrote:

August 2019. Both him and Fardy are also out of contract at the end of this season.
I’d like to hold on to Scott for another season- especially in a World Cup year with both our first choice locks occupied or needing a break, but I can see him being released.

Jamie is a project player, so I’d imagine he will he re-signed with the encouragement and support of the IRFU. But the question there is will he remain a Leinster player in the long term. It strikes me he could be a candidate for a shift to another province.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

JGP, Irish qualified, would be the realisation of an investment for Leinster and they'sd be mad to let him go elsewhere. As previously indicated on these pages, I consider him a more suitable No 9 behind our pack, because of the speed and accuracy of his passing.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

artaneboy wrote:
cormac wrote:

I’d like to hold on to Scott for another season- especially in a World Cup year with both our first choice locks occupied or needing a break, but I can see him being released.

Jamie is a project player, so I’d imagine he will he re-signed with the encouragement and support of the IRFU. But the question there is will he remain a Leinster player in the long term. It strikes me he could be a candidate for a shift to another province.

I'd be more worried that the IRFU won't let us offer Fardy more than a one-year deal and he'll get a better offer in France that he won't be able to turn down. Fardy is the same age Hines was when we weren't allowed offer him more than one season.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Ruckedtobits wrote:JGP, Irish qualified, would be the realisation of an investment for Leinster and they'sd be mad to let him go elsewhere. As previously indicated on these pages, I consider him a more suitable No 9 behind our pack, because of the speed and accuracy of his passing.
Oh I agree with you on his value and suitability for our game. But I believed that of Carbery also. See what happened there.

The IRFU may decide that we can have either McGrath or JGP. But maybe I’m just being pessimistic or cynical.

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

blockhead wrote:Toner-the pivot for the 2nd Lowe try. Just magic.
I would honestly have him as the most underrated player in World Rugby. I wouldn't have him starting for Ireland any more if Henderson and Ryan are fit but he's absolute quality.

With regard to Fardy, I would really hope that there's no issue with us keeping him anyway, but if there is then I would hope/expect that we get some leeway because of Joey.
Andrew097
Bookworm

Post by Andrew097 »

Would agree hope he retires about 38 still playing for Leinster and being a rock solid second row.
slit my wrists and its blue blood.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Bit late with the post match analysis...

Thought it was clinical stuff from minute 1 to 80 with no let up
Yeh few mistakes (knock ons, couple dodgy throws, kick outs on the full) but the pace we played at these mistakes will happen...thought we ran into the ground in first 40 and they’d nothing left

Front row were good bar cronin’s couple of blips, I’m sure he’ll work hard this week on it, he’s been really solid last 18 months with the arrows so not a big worry as some people on here like to point out plus took his score unbelievably well
Furlong immense to, his run and offload the highlight
Rows were fantastic, JR line for one of the try’s was ridiculous
JVDF was quiet enough but thought Jack Conan was the pick

Backs were linking well, I think Ringrose and Henshaw starting to click big time
Rob K for me doesn’t do enough, poor with ball in hand and out thru one kick that put us under pressure needlessly

Lowe is the man of the moment, he’s as gifted a player as I’ve seen as seeks he can get better
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

It was a super performance and an absolute pleasure to see at first hand. So many good moments in the second half ... as good a 40 minutes of rugby as we have ever played.

James Lowe is absolutely blowing the doors off, but Robbie Henshaw and Garry Ringrose are playing outstanding rugby as well. Henshaw's passing is so accurate for a guy who plays like an absolute animal in contact, and Ringrose would be the star of most other teams.

Big impact off the bench from James Tracy and SOB, who upped the pace and consistently got the team on the front foot. Rhys Ruddock also deserves a special mention for stepping in at the last moment and delivering a huge performance at blindside. There's no point in going through the squad name-by-name, they were all seriously impressive.

European campaigns aren't all home hit-outs though. If you think back to our first unbeaten European trophy, we drew 16-16 with Montpellier, edged past Bath 18-13 in The Rec and then did more or less the same against Glasgow in Scotstoun, 23-16. We schooled those teams in the RDS/Lansdowne, but when you're away from home you're facing a much stiffer test. We're a better side than Toulouse, but I don't expect anything like the same scoreline next weekend. We've just got to make sure we get a win, in any manner necessary.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Gearzbox2 wrote:Bit late with the post match analysis...

Thought it was clinical stuff from minute 1 to 80 with no let up
Yeh few mistakes (knock ons, couple dodgy throws, kick outs on the full) but the pace we played at these mistakes will happen...thought we ran into the ground in first 40 and they’d nothing left

Front row were good bar cronin’s couple of blips, I’m sure he’ll work hard this week on it, he’s been really solid last 18 months with the arrows so not a big worry as some people on here like to point out plus took his score unbelievably well
Furlong immense to, his run and offload the highlight
Rows were fantastic, JR line for one of the try’s was ridiculous
JVDF was quiet enough but thought Jack Conan was the pick

Backs were linking well, I think Ringrose and Henshaw starting to click big time
Rob K for me doesn’t do enough, poor with ball in hand and out thru one kick that put us under pressure needlessly

Lowe is the man of the moment, he’s as gifted a player as I’ve seen as seeks he can get better
On Rob, do you not feel he brings a solidity to our otherwise eccentric back 3? I don't think I could quite trust anyone else yet in the squad at 15 in these big European games.
Larmour is the future and will be a great fullback but he's still learning.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Gearzbox2 wrote:

You're definitely a hooker that was burned a few times by throwing criticism!

His throwing has been good, it was poor on Friday, hopefully it will improve for Toulouse because we'll need it.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Degz wrote:Just watching it again. James Ryan is a phenomenal player. FLC for sure.
L for Leinster or L for Lions Degz?
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

nelly the elephant wrote:
Degz wrote:Just watching it again. James Ryan is a phenomenal player. FLC for sure.
L for Leinster or L for Lions Degz?
Both.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

cormac wrote:

PGP is in his 3rd season. We can keep them all next season and they can go on the same teamsheet.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

We've 4 players in the MO team of the week: Cronin, Furlong, VDF and Lowe. A bit of an odd selection but hey.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Ruddock was my man of the match, he was superb. Cian Healy will not enjoy the Monday review, two knock on's in the first half and a penalty.

On a separate point, I don't see why we included Joe Tomane in the 23 when we have Fergus McFadden available.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

hugonaut wrote:It was a super performance and an absolute pleasure to see at first hand. So many good moments in the second half ... as good a 40 minutes of rugby as we have ever played.

James Lowe is absolutely blowing the doors off, but Robbie Henshaw and Garry Ringrose are playing outstanding rugby as well. Henshaw's passing is so accurate for a guy who plays like an absolute animal in contact, and Ringrose would be the star of most other teams.

Big impact off the bench from James Tracy and SOB, who upped the pace and consistently got the team on the front foot. Rhys Ruddock also deserves a special mention for stepping in at the last moment and delivering a huge performance at blindside. There's no point in going through the squad name-by-name, they were all seriously impressive.

European campaigns aren't all home hit-outs though. If you think back to our first unbeaten European trophy, we drew 16-16 with Montpellier, edged past Bath 18-13 in The Rec and then did more or less the same against Glasgow in Scotstoun, 23-16. We schooled those teams in the RDS/Lansdowne, but when you're away from home you're facing a much stiffer test. We're a better side than Toulouse, but I don't expect anything like the same scoreline next weekend. We've just got to make sure we get a win, in any manner necessary.
Hugonaut, really enjoying the Molecast but could you extend it by 10 minutes as that's the time it takes to do my walk and it saves he having to listen to EOS?
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

the spoofer wrote:Ruddock was my man of the match, he was superb. Cian Healy will not enjoy the Monday review, two knock on's in the first half and a penalty.
Three knock-ons. One when we had advantage, so we didn't lose possession. To be fair, the pass for the third one wasn't great.
A couple of seasons ago Church kept dropping the ball. Last season, he was back to his best as a carrier.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Interestingly Leinster were the only team to get a try bonus point at the weekend.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

wixfjord wrote:
Gearzbox2 wrote:

You're definitely a hooker that was burned a few times by throwing criticism!

His throwing has been good, it was poor on Friday, hopefully it will improve for Toulouse because we'll need it.

Is Cronin the best lineout thrower we have in our squad, or at least on the pitch?
I could never understand why Jackman (or Shane Byrne) was always allowed throw the ball in, back in the day.
Surely there is someone better in the 15, let them throw it in?
The French are predictably unpredictable