Toulouse vs Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Toulouse vs Leinster

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I disagree on the basis that Roberts dips a bit, Kaino does genuinely try to wrap his arms (that's subjective tbf but I would be fairly certain that his left arm is legit and to me it makes contact at the same time as the shoulder or chest), and most importantly, I don't think he leads with the shoulder. If you lead with one shoulder then you're not able to wrap with the other arm like he did IMO. I'm so sick of ball carriers having no responsibility in situations like this. I'm not blaming Roberts, but if he looks for a soft shoulder and doesn't try and run over Kaino then it doesn't happen. Hard to blame Kaino for just being a tough nut, and if Roberts didn't dip then it's more likely to end up in a fairly typical choke tackle. I also think Kaino suffers a bit for being a unit, whereas you look at someone like George Ford not being carded for a high tackle on Lowry near the line on Saturday despite that clearly being deliberate...just doesn't make sense to me.

Just looked for the video again on twitter before typing that and people really are polarised on this. I get that they want to get rid of this kind of tackle, but I've seen far clearer examples where someone leads with the shoulder and just sticks an arm out pretending that it was a genuine attempt to wrap it. No issue with those incidents resulting in cards, but this just didn't look like that to me.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

George Ford was carded against Ulster for that high tackle on Lowry.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I disagree on the basis that Roberts dips a bit, Kaino does genuinely try to wrap his arms (that's subjective tbf but I would be fairly certain that his left arm is legit and to me it makes contact at the same time as the shoulder or chest), and most importantly, I don't think he leads with the shoulder. If you lead with one shoulder then you're not able to wrap with the other arm like he did IMO. I'm so sick of ball carriers having no responsibility in situations like this. I'm not blaming Roberts, but if he looks for a soft shoulder and doesn't try and run over Kaino then it doesn't happen. Hard to blame Kaino for just being a tough nut, and if Roberts didn't dip then it's more likely to end up in a fairly typical choke tackle. I also think Kaino suffers a bit for being a unit, whereas you look at someone like George Ford not being carded for a high tackle on Lowry near the line on Saturday despite that clearly being deliberate...just doesn't make sense to me.

Just looked for the video again on twitter before typing that and people really are polarised on this. I get that they want to get rid of this kind of tackle, but I've seen far clearer examples where someone leads with the shoulder and just sticks an arm out pretending that it was a genuine attempt to wrap it. No issue with those incidents resulting in cards, but this just didn't look like that to me.
Me either, to be fair.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Doctors dither and patients die.
crumlinbob
Bookworm

Post by crumlinbob »

Not sure about Kaino being banned but Pointaud (the loose head) should be banned for leading with the head at the ruck. Very dangerous.

Is there going to be an OLSC Toulouse guide for this weekend? where the Leinster fans meeting up?
Life's a lot more fun when you're not responsible for your actions.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Differ not dither
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

cormac wrote:George Ford was carded against Ulster for that high tackle on Lowry.
Oh sorry, had it in my head that Ulster were annoyed at only getting a penalty but it was the lack of a PT that was the issue. Anyway, we see deliberate high shots where the contact is around the shoulder and slides up but doesn't result in a card, and it doesn't sit well with me that Kaino's action wasn't obviously deliberate but he gets carded. Just an unfortunate rugby incident because he won the collision IMO.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

johng wrote:Differ not dither
I stand corrected. My point remains that the hair-splitting that goes on around these sort of tackles that will kill our sport, and possibly players, is disgusting.

This is precisely the sort of tackle that the sport needs to be rid of ASAP. Stop the equivocation and slow-mo measurement of millimeters.

It was a deliberately high tackle that rendered a brave player unconscious. Separately Kaino, a hugely talented player and role model, is a serial reoffender.

Let’s get onside with taking proper care of players.

This differing and dithering and equivocating is losing players from the sport at all levels. Many more kids don’t play or drop out simply due to how violent it has become in the last 10 years. Many others retire due to injury far too early. That hurt the sport at all levels.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

crumlinbob wrote:
Is there going to be an OLSC Toulouse guide for this weekend? where the Leinster fans meeting up?
Yep https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/download-t ... -toulouse/
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Photos of Healy running in training, so his knee should be ok. JackMc will probably start though.
No sign of Rob or Leavy. Plenty of photos of Dave so, based on the training photo theory, he's in the XV.

Dev giving Leavy a run for his money with this shiner:

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

JVDF knee heavily strapped in training.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

mildlyinterested wrote:JVDF knee heavily strapped in training.
He received treatment 2 or 3 times during the Wasps game, and you could see him hobbling a bit/running it off at times
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Ruddock, O'Brien, Conan? (if Leavy not fit either Deegan/J.Murphy on bench?). Pure speculation :-)
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

desperado wrote:Ruddock, O'Brien, Conan? (if Leavy not fit either Deegan/J.Murphy on bench?). Pure speculation :-)
J Murphy is well off this level.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

LEINSTER IN BACKROW INJURY CRISIS!
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

mildlyinterested wrote:
desperado wrote:Ruddock, O'Brien, Conan? (if Leavy not fit either Deegan/J.Murphy on bench?). Pure speculation :-)
J Murphy is well off this level.
I know... it's tongue in cheek, havin a laugh, (not sure I'd called it a WUM). I just love those posts based on Sportsfile pics of training, seeing a lad limp a bit on a Friday night etc.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

wixfjord wrote:LEINSTER IN BACKROW INJURY CRISIS!
:lol:
I'm sure you can find a thread from a week or so ago where we were cheering our strength in depth.
Ruddock, O'Brien, Conan is a bit lacking in diversity. VDF's knee definitely heavily strapped though. Could it be they want him to get through this game and then rest him/
Based on the photo theory, Deegan is definitely in the hunt for the matchday squad at least.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

curates_egg wrote:
I'm sure you can find a thread from a week or so ago where we were cheering our strength in depth.
Ruddock, O'Brien, Conan is a bit lacking in diversity. VDF's knee definitely heavily strapped though. Could it be they want him to get through this game and then rest him/
Based on the photo theory, Deegan is definitely in the hunt for the matchday squad at least.
the photo theory means nothing.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
the photo theory means nothing.
Flat-earther.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

curates_egg wrote:
Flat-earther.
the whole squad + academy trains together on a monday so.. who is pictured at training means little.