Nick McCarthy

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Nick McCarthy

Post by Dave Cahill »

blockhead wrote:According to Des Berry.
To set the record straight, the decision by the scrum-half has nothing at all to do with where the IRFU wants McCarthy to play from next season.
Parasites.
That simply doesn't ring true though - not with the current Irish head coach and performance director, both of whom consider micro-management to be a bit too laissez faire.
I have Bumbleflex
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Dave Cahill wrote:
To set the record straight, the decision by the scrum-half has nothing at all to do with where the IRFU wants McCarthy to play from next season.
Parasites.
That simply doesn't ring true though - not with the current Irish head coach and performance director, both of whom consider micro-management to be a bit too laissez faire.
They have certainly micro-managed the media in relation to this process.
Drip-feeding it out, before getting them all to bleat out the arguments.

I'm probably more disappointed to see Murray Kinsella become just another IRFU mouthpiece, than I am to see McCarthy leave.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

curates_egg wrote:
I'm probably more disappointed to see Murray Kinsella become just another IRFU mouthpiece, than I am to see McCarthy leave.
what did you expect? He is a munster man and relies on IRFU/Munster men to leak him info.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
what did you expect? He is a munster man and relies on IRFU/Munster men to leak him info.
Maybe I'm naïve, but I really thought he was finally a good Irish rugby journalist. I mean, he is a great journalist and extremely knowledgeable and articulate. I just hoped he could avoid the tired, worn path of failed Irish rugby "journalists", acting as PR men for the alickadoos.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/le ... 36896.html

Another bizarre media article..... A very short article has 2/3rds of it devoted to justifying the McCarthy move. Initiated by the line:

“Just to set the record straight”

It isn’t even an opinion piece and they are using phrases like that.

Of course if you bring it up on Twitter or in general conversation you’re called a conspiracy theorist etc.
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

curates_egg wrote:
Maybe I'm naïve, but I really thought he was finally a good Irish rugby journalist. I mean, he is a great journalist and extremely knowledgeable and articulate. I just hoped he could avoid the tired, worn path of failed Irish rugby "journalists", acting as PR men for the alickadoos.
Irish rugby is a small scene, if you want the inside track you have to toe the party line. GT of the times is fully embedded at this stage.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

blockhead wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
Irish rugby is a small scene, if you want the inside track you have to toe the party line. GT of the times is fully embedded at this stage.
:nod:
Four Stars
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Parasites.
The problem with the current set of propaganda articles is that if they were to be believable they shouldn't have started off with the hints, innuendos, and for the glory of Ireland narrative. But then the purpose of propaganda is not necessarily to be consistent, believable or to withstand even a modicum of critical enquiry. It's a rallying point for those who need no convincing.

In other words it's not aimed at us at all. It shows contempt for us. And it's blatant lies.

Nust be Friday,.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

it's clear the IRFU, Joe and Nucifora have every intention of weakening Leinster as much as possible going forward.. which is why winning the double was so sweet last season and why we hopefully can retain our titles this year.

Because year on year it will get harder and harder to compete at the top end of europe thanks to this purposeful weakening of leinster to prop up the other provinces.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote:PJG has been an unqualified success for Leinster and has deepened the depth chart for Ireland at a time where there were succession concerns. At a time when we lost 2 very experienced 9s we gained a very solid player with an exciting game. The fact that the musical chairs hurt is testament to his usefulness.

No one worries if he starts a crucial game, he's earned our trust. Being a NZer may still help him with Schmidt when he gets into a squad.

No one thinks that scrumhalf is our strongest position but it's not a weakness that gets targetted. Relative to other positions we might see it as weakness but we have a super situation at the position. Leinster would need one of the top 9s in the world to be worth demoting him.

Ulster would have bitten our hand off if PGJ had been available ahead of Cooney.
With the benefit of hindsight they're lucky they didn't get to bite our hand off.
McGrath and Cooney have different styles but funnily enough I suspect JGB's style would compliment both.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote:it's clear the IRFU, Joe and Nucifora have every intention of weakening Leinster as much as possible going forward.. which is why winning the double was so sweet last season and why we hopefully can retain our titles this year.

Because year on year it will get harder and harder to compete at the top end of europe thanks to this purposeful weakening of leinster to prop up the other provinces.
Maybe we should march on Lansdowne Road?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

bluemagic wrote:https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/le ... 36896.html

Another bizarre media article..... A very short article has 2/3rds of it devoted to justifying the McCarthy move. Initiated by the line:

“Just to set the record straight”

It isn’t even an opinion piece and they are using phrases like that.

Of course if you bring it up on Twitter or in general conversation you’re called a conspiracy theorist etc.
Berry is very much in the know.

So I'd say he's been told this by someone in the branch or IRFU alright.

Whether it's true or not is anyone's guess.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

wixfjord wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:it's clear the IRFU, Joe and Nucifora have every intention of weakening Leinster as much as possible going forward.. which is why winning the double was so sweet last season and why we hopefully can retain our titles this year.

Maybe we should march on Lansdowne Road?
Nah, i'm just going to enjoy this season.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote:

You're probably right, wouldn't want to get too hysterical about things like.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Not so sure about the "weakening"argument.
A few seasons ago we were going into the HEC first round undercooked.
It's fair to say that last season (to a degree) but this season, in particular, we've hit the HEC ground running.
There may be more to it than we know.
The RWC takes place around this time of the year next season.
Maybe JoeetAl have some related WC plan eg are our players being seasonally adjusted to peak at this time of the season next year.
If so we can expect a big change in player availability after the AIs.
Our HEC Back to Back with Wasps could be fraught.
In Joe we trust.
But in Leo and Bomber we trust more.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

wixfjord wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:

You're probably right, wouldn't want to get too hysterical about things like.
the other provinces can't compete with the top tier clubs in europe without talent from leinster, this is clear.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

I am being about 70% genuine here.

Would an idea be to shut down the Munster academy who produce nothing and has become a mockery.

Throw the excess cash behind the Leinster academy, increase the number of players they intake every year.

If Schmidt and Nucy are always only looking at the bigger picture can they not stop that money burning show which only acts as a way to make Munster feel like a proper club currently.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

a dominant leinster is not a good thing for irish rugby, it's in the IRFU's interest to weaken Leinster and strengthen the others.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Odd that we're weakened by losing a player who we didn't rate and wasn't an elite prospect.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Odd that we're weakened by losing a player who we didn't rate and wasn't an elite prospect.

:lol:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English