Leinster Squad 19-20

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster Squad 19-20

Post by The Doc »

mildlyinterested wrote:
odyboody wrote:when does the clock start when he signed for us on 6th march, when he arrived in the country or when he played his first match
when he arrived in country.
That would surprise me... Would it not be from the starting date of his contract.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

The Doc wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
odyboody wrote:when does the clock start when he signed for us on 6th march, when he arrived in the country or when he played his first match
That would surprise me... Would it not be from the starting date of his contract.

He was contracted with the Chiefs/Tasman in NZ until the end of October 2017. His decision to sign with us may have been in March 2017 but his registration wouldn't have transferred to Leinster until after he finished up in NZ.
Last edited by cormac on April 25th, 2019, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Oldschool wrote:
odyboody wrote:Jamison Gibson-Parks 3 years are up at the end of June so our 3 into 2 problem will disappear then.
Also means he is a possibility for the world cup ( not a big possibility admittedly)
James Lowe signed for us in March 2017 so should be Irish qualified next year 2020
Could he capped during the 6Ns.
Given the likely toll as a result of the RWC I wouldn't rule it out.
Scrub that.
He’d have to get past McGrath first
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Cian Healy(31) - Signed central 3yr contract in 2016
i'd imagine Healy will be off the central contracts and moved to a provisional next season. With McGrath gone the IRFU owe us one so just pay the man what he's owed so we can get on with winning trophies
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

The Doc wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:

It's a "residency rule"

Unless he was commuting back to New Zealand for Super Rugby and Mitre 10 from Ireland he didn't start his residency here until November 2017
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The 'normal' IRFU procedure in relation to players over 32 appears to be to only offer one-year National Contract extensions. Presumably, the "ongoing negotiations" for players such as Robert Kearney and Cian Healy is trying to convince the IRFU negotiators that they should be exceptions - like J10. IMO, and I am certainly biased in this regard, both should be offered longer deals.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

So senior squad players from the start of the season, leaving this season:

Jack McGrath(LH Prop)
Ian Nagle(Lock)
Sean O'Brien(Backrow)
Nick McCarthy(Scrumhalf)
Noel Reid(Outhalf/Centre)
Tom Daly(Centre)

Futures unclear:
Cian Healy(LH Prop)
Mick Kearney(Lock)
Fergus McFadden(Wing)
Dave Kearney(Wing)
Rob Kearney(Fullback)
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Ruckedtobits wrote:The 'normal' IRFU procedure in relation to players over 32 appears to be to only offer one-year National Contract extensions. Presumably, the "ongoing negotiations" for players such as Robert Kearney and Cian Healy is trying to convince the IRFU negotiators that they should be exceptions - like J10. IMO, and I am certainly biased in this regard, both should be offered longer deals.
Can you imagine the angst down Shelbyville way if Rob K gets another central contract? It'll be almost Heaslip-like and they'll be able to create a martyr out of, I dunno, Andrew Conway or someone who is on a provincial deal...or Simon x-factor Zebo, who should have the gig. Jaysus, remember the furore about Donnacha Ryan?!
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

Can't wait for when Mike Haley is reimagined in 10 years as one of the most talented backs of all time who was cruelly denied his place in the Irish team by the boring Rob Kearney, who never did anything except beat the third most defenders in Six Nations history and start every game in every Irish Six Nations win in the pro era.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

leinster23 wrote:Can't wait for when Mike Haley is reimagined in 10 years as one of the most talented backs of all time who was cruelly denied his place in the Irish team by the boring Rob Kearney, who never did anything except beat the third most defenders in Six Nations history and start every game in every Irish Six Nations win in the pro era.
Haley is a villain, not a hero.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

So apparently Mick Kearney is leaving after all - no word on where he’s going yet
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Xanthippe wrote:So apparently Mick Kearney is leaving after all - no word on where he’s going yet
That’s disappointing I think before his injury he has been improving and was a good solid second row for us.
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

ronk wrote:
leinster23 wrote:Can't wait for when Mike Haley is reimagined in 10 years as one of the most talented backs of all time who was cruelly denied his place in the Irish team by the boring Rob Kearney, who never did anything except beat the third most defenders in Six Nations history and start every game in every Irish Six Nations win in the pro era.
For now, you just wait until he beats one defender and runs in a try from 10 metres out, causing the entire country to see him as the next Christian Cullen!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

leinster23 wrote:
ronk wrote:
For now, you just wait until he beats one defender and runs in a try from 10 metres out, causing the entire country to see him as the next Christian Cullen!
If it wins a semi final, maybe.

I thought he played ok against Saracens. Some good tackling and catches. Just too much pressure overall coming from the kicking game.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

SOB has a post on Instagram wishing RK best of luck in France. Losing some amount of experience and talent from the squad yet again this year
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

bluemagic wrote:SOB has a post on Instagram wishing RK best of luck in France. Losing some amount of experience and talent from the squad yet again this year
RK [picks up phone]: negotiations are going too slow.
SOB [answers phone]: Ahoyhoy,
RK: I need a favour...

"It was Mrs. O'Leary's cow"
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Peg Leg wrote:
bluemagic wrote:SOB has a post on Instagram wishing RK best of luck in France. Losing some amount of experience and talent from the squad yet again this year
RK [picks up phone]: negotiations are going too slow.
SOB [answers phone]: Ahoyhoy,
RK: I need a favour...

"It was Mrs. O'Leary's cow"
wouldn't be a surprise if that was a joke.

But yes losing loads of talents and experience, to be replaced by academy players. Enjoy the run while it lasts.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

James Ryan was -Leinster players' player of the year
Max Deegan -young player of the year
Sean Cronin -fans' player of the year.
St Michael's College -school of the year
Patrician Secondary School, Newbridge -Irish Independent development school of the year award.
Dave Kearney -Irish Independent try of the year award for his effort against Toulouse in round five of the Champions Cup
Paul Dean was inducted into the Hall of Fame.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

blockhead wrote:James Ryan was -Leinster players' player of the year
Max Deegan -young player of the year
Sean Cronin -fans' player of the year.
St Michael's College -school of the year
Patrician Secondary School, Newbridge -Irish Independent development school of the year award.
Dave Kearney -Irish Independent try of the year award for his effort against Toulouse in round five of the Champions Cup
Paul Dean was inducted into the Hall of Fame.
+ Suttonians got Junior Club of the Year.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Fogs departure to the Ireland setup confirmed, no replacement announced as of yet
I have Bumbleflex