A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Treviso v Leinster 27th Oct

Post by Peg Leg »

artaneboy wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:This was an excellent League display. Recognising we had 11 changes and this group had never played together, this was a display to please the Coaches. Certainly Treviso were missing a few but they have improved significantly under Crowley and have some depth in their Squad.

For us the big performances came from Leavy - probably earning the No 7 jersey against Arg, JGP - keeping the pressure on selection for Bath games, James Ryan - what an extraordinary engine, Henshaw - his movement to 15 to replace RK may be indicative, and Conor O'Brien - his polished performance at 12 suggested we could see more in that position.

Ross Byrne, Jack McGrath, Tadgh Furlong, James Treacy and Fardy all performed up to par. Both wingers did good things and also made sloopy mistakes. Byrne contributed more effectively but Tomane looked like he didn't enjoy himself and even his try didn't bring a smile. RO'L was quiet and efficient and Rhys had a couple of unforced errors. Porter was strong and took his try well and the two Byrne forwards and Molony all looked comfortable and full of energy.

Very happy overall. A banana skin avoided and back on the horse, casting an eye on Toulouse's away win which lifts them to 3rd in the Top14 and wondering have we allowed the giant to wake.
Your Tomane comment is spot on. Mentioned this on a private group apropos body language, but didn't post here because I didn't buy into that when the same conversation was being had Re: Plumber.
The level of exuberance and camaraderie shown when every other try was scored made the lack of same for JT interesting. Wild speculation alert: I suspect that they appreciate he may wish to take a moment of prayer and give a bit of space.
Yes, noticed the relative lack of congratulations offered to Joe on scoring his try; which despite my first viewing fears on the grounding, he actually took very well.

I’d put that failure to celebrate on his teammates not Joe. In mitigation it was late in the game and the contest was well over- but whatever the personal relationships, the team has a collective duty to support players that are struggling. A few more making an effort to run over and clap his back would have improved the optics.

Oh- and let’s stop this snidely chipping at his religion. It’s juvenile- at a minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sniping? It was an acknowledgement that we don't all celebrate in the same manner and that the players could have been respecting JT not vice versa or a challenge to his actions either.
I'm not one to yuck anothers yum.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

I'll accept juvenile though, there's a ring of youth to that.
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I found that comment quite offensive. Thank...fully...we have a blasphemy law in this country and I'm going to make sure you're adequately punished.

In more serious news, I've seen Tomane around quite a bit and he's clearly a popular guy.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Peg Leg wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Your Tomane comment is spot on. Mentioned this on a private group apropos body language, but didn't post here because I didn't buy into that when the same conversation was being had Re: Plumber.
The level of exuberance and camaraderie shown when every other try was scored made the lack of same for JT interesting. Wild speculation alert: I suspect that they appreciate he may wish to take a moment of prayer and give a bit of space.
Yes, noticed the relative lack of congratulations offered to Joe on scoring his try; which despite my first viewing fears on the grounding, he actually took very well.

I’d put that failure to celebrate on his teammates not Joe. In mitigation it was late in the game and the contest was well over- but whatever the personal relationships, the team has a collective duty to support players that are struggling. A few more making an effort to run over and clap his back would have improved the optics.

Oh- and let’s stop this snidely chipping at his religion. It’s juvenile- at a minimum.

Sniping? It was an acknowledgement that we don't all celebrate in the same manner and that the players could have been respecting JT not vice versa or a challenge to his actions either.
I'm not one to yuck anothers yum.
Okay, fair enough. Apologies for the wrong take. But it’s not like it wasn’t raised as an issue (not by you admittedly) when he signed.

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

artaneboy wrote: Okay, fair enough. Apologies for the wrong take. But it’s not like it wasn’t raised as an issue (not by you admittedly) when he signed.
Where is DonnyB these days?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

blockhead wrote:
artaneboy wrote: Okay, fair enough. Apologies for the wrong take. But it’s not like it wasn’t raised as an issue (not by you admittedly) when he signed.
Where is DonnyB these days?
I could be wrong, but I don’t think he has posted since. That’s a pity, as he was a strong presence here.

heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

artaneboy wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:This was an excellent League display. Recognising we had 11 changes and this group had never played together, this was a display to please the Coaches. Certainly Treviso were missing a few but they have improved significantly under Crowley and have some depth in their Squad.

For us the big performances came from Leavy - probably earning the No 7 jersey against Arg, JGP - keeping the pressure on selection for Bath games, James Ryan - what an extraordinary engine, Henshaw - his movement to 15 to replace RK may be indicative, and Conor O'Brien - his polished performance at 12 suggested we could see more in that position.

Ross Byrne, Jack McGrath, Tadgh Furlong, James Treacy and Fardy all performed up to par. Both wingers did good things and also made sloopy mistakes. Byrne contributed more effectively but Tomane looked like he didn't enjoy himself and even his try didn't bring a smile. RO'L was quiet and efficient and Rhys had a couple of unforced errors. Porter was strong and took his try well and the two Byrne forwards and Molony all looked comfortable and full of energy.

Very happy overall. A banana skin avoided and back on the horse, casting an eye on Toulouse's away win which lifts them to 3rd in the Top14 and wondering have we allowed the giant to wake.
Your Tomane comment is spot on. Mentioned this on a private group apropos body language, but didn't post here because I didn't buy into that when the same conversation was being had Re: Plumber.

To be fair. I'm watching it back now and 6 teammates came over to congratulate him. Not particularly exuberantly but I'm happy to put that down to the fact the result was beyond doubt at that point. I think there's nothing else to see in this.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I only saw the highlights but a couple of the tries were barely celebrated. Ryan was just behind Porter and just turned around when the ball was grounded. A bunch of players congratulated Tomane.

And he did have a little pray for himself after scoring but I don't think it had any impact. Don't think there's anything to see there.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

fourthirtythree wrote:I only saw the highlights but a couple of the tries were barely celebrated. Ryan was just behind Porter and just turned around when the ball was grounded. A bunch of players congratulated Tomane.

And he did have a little pray for himself after scoring but I don't think it had any impact. Don't think there's anything to see there.
Adam Byrne's try was first of the game, and his first senior try in some time and it was all rather subdued
Wet night in Italy in front of 4 blokes and a dog, nobody is going to losing their sh1t celebrating tries. Like you say there's nothing to see here
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

RoboProp wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:I only saw the highlights but a couple of the tries were barely celebrated. Ryan was just behind Porter and just turned around when the ball was grounded. A bunch of players congratulated Tomane.

Adam Byrne's try was first of the game, and his first senior try in some time and it was all rather subdued
Wet night in Italy in front of 4 blokes and a dog, nobody is going to losing their sh1t celebrating tries. Like you say there's nothing to see here
I'm probably looking for something that isn't there.
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Peg Leg wrote:
RoboProp wrote:

ironically enough similar to the being who, presumably, the prayers are being offered to?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Peg wrote:
ironically enough similar to the being who, presumably, the prayers are being offered to?
"Never yuck another man's yum" Chuck Bryant
Last edited by Peg Leg on October 29th, 2018, 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

No idea why my phone won't let me resolve that quote f%~k up.
Daniel Sullivan
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Peg Leg wrote:No idea why my phone won't let me resolve that quote f%~k up.
God’s watching??? :-)

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

artaneboy wrote:
Yes and "From a distance" according to Bette Midler!!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

At a minimum you need a 2nd set of quotation marks "

Has to begin quote="peg" with a set of [ ] round it
Jcahill1
Bookworm

Post by Jcahill1 »

Anyone know where I could watch a replay of this? Rugbylist doesn't seem to be working anymore
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

riocard911 wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
Yes and "From a distance" according to Bette Midler!!
That implies that God may, like the rest of us, be subject to the same limitations of the speed of light that his creations are.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Jcahill1 wrote:Anyone know where I could watch a replay of this? Rugbylist doesn't seem to be working anymore
It's working fine for me, you need to register.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

blockhead wrote:
Jcahill1 wrote:Anyone know where I could watch a replay of this? Rugbylist doesn't seem to be working anymore
It's working fine for me, you need to register.
I can confirm. The last few days I watched Treviso vs Leinster, Munster vs Glasgow & NZ vs Oz on it. You have to register though. Looks difficult cos of the foreign lingo but is actually a doddle.