Southern Kings Vs Leinster Nov 4th

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

leinsterforever
Mullet

Re: Southern Kings Vs Leinster Nov 4th

Post by leinsterforever »

Yeah, i think it was 12. Daly, 13. O'Brien. That's how they lined out in a few Celtic Cup matches, so it would make sense to play that way.

I'd imagine Frawley stayed at fullback and HOS just went to the wing when he came on. Frawley is no more a winger than HOS is, so no point making an extra positional switch
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

leinsterforever wrote:Yeah, i think it was 12. Daly, 13. O'Brien. That's how they lined out in a few Celtic Cup matches, so it would make sense to play that way.

I'd imagine Frawley stayed at fullback and HOS just went to the wing when he came on. Frawley is no more a winger than HOS is, so no point making an extra positional switch
I'm fairly sure Frawley went to the wing.

HOS was last man covering for Kings last try and Frawley seemed to spend a lot of time in the Tramlines towards the end.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
leinsterforever
Mullet

arsebiscuits1 wrote:
leinsterforever wrote:Yeah, i think it was 12. Daly, 13. O'Brien. That's how they lined out in a few Celtic Cup matches, so it would make sense to play that way.

I'm fairly sure Frawley went to the wing.

HOS was last man covering for Kings last try and Frawley seemed to spend a lot of time in the Tramlines towards the end.
Okay. HOS did play fullback in school
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

There were two injury concerns from the bonus point win over the Southern Kings in Port Elizabeth on Sunday.

Rory O’Loughlin left the field after 29 minutes with a knee injury to be replaced by Tom Daly. Joe Tomane picked up an injury in the process of setting up Leinster’s third try.

READ: Southern Kings v Leinster: Leo Cullen post-match reaction

Leo Cullen provided an update on both players when he spoke to the media after the game.

“With Rory O’Loughlin going off, I think he just twisted his knee so we’ll get him assessed, probably when we get back to Dublin,” Cullen said.

“Joe Tomane, it looked like his was a hamstring injury so, again, we’ll see the severity of that. Obviously with no games for a couple of weeks, we’ll be able to manage the group, some guys will have a bit of time off now and come back in fresh and get back up and ready to go against Ospreys.”
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:
There were two injury concerns from the bonus point win over the Southern Kings in Port Elizabeth on Sunday.

Rory O’Loughlin left the field after 29 minutes with a knee injury to be replaced by Tom Daly. Joe Tomane picked up an injury in the process of setting up Leinster’s third try.

READ: Southern Kings v Leinster: Leo Cullen post-match reaction

Leo Cullen provided an update on both players when he spoke to the media after the game.

“With Rory O’Loughlin going off, I think he just twisted his knee so we’ll get him assessed, probably when we get back to Dublin,” Cullen said.

“Joe Tomane, it looked like his was a hamstring injury so, again, we’ll see the severity of that. Obviously with no games for a couple of weeks, we’ll be able to manage the group, some guys will have a bit of time off now and come back in fresh and get back up and ready to go against Ospreys.”
Feel sorry for the both of them. In that first half an hour RO'L was our best back both in offence and defence, IMO. He looked like he was out to impose himself on proceedings - and succeeding. Tomane did okay the little bit he had to do. Got in at least one serious tackle and did well to get that hand off for JGP to pounce on and score.
leinsterforever
Mullet

I thought Tom Daly put himself about quite well. It'll be interesting to see the competition between him and COB going forward
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

leinsterforever wrote:I thought Tom Daly put himself about quite well. It'll be interesting to see the competition between him and COB going forward
COB looks like he might have a little bit more ball playing and agility about him, but Daly is obviously rated too.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

leinsterforever wrote:I thought Tom Daly put himself about quite well. It'll be interesting to see the competition between him and COB going forward
COB looks like he might have a little bit more ball playing and agility about him, but Daly is obviously rated too.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Won't have Tomane for a while, has undergone an op and out for 4 months according to his Insta.

Saw ROL around town the other day too and he's in a knee brace.

Could be low on backs for Bath and the Christmas interpros.