Joe Tomane

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Re: Joe Tomane

Postby johng » November 21st, 2018, 10:29 am

Well then what makes you think it's directed at you then?
johng
Leo Cullen

Postby LeinsterLeader » November 21st, 2018, 3:11 pm

johng wrote:Yeah Joe Schmidt. A top 14. 2 H cups. Pro12. Amlin. 3 X 6 nations including GS. Winning Tour in SH. In 8 years. What would he know about rugby?

I'm sure he is selecting Carberry out of stubbornness rather because he can see more talent in him.

Had an interesting side thought on this. Does anybody think Joey would have got less time over these AI's if he had said no to the Munster move (assuming that JS was telling the truth and he was only acting in an advisery capacity and was never going to 'black ball' Joey for staying)?

I mean whatever about the AB game (even though JS seemed to be struggling for quite some time towards the end), I would have thought, after you'd nailed your colours to the mast in relation to your second choice 10, he would have been given at least 15 to 20 mins in the Arg game?

If you're not going to trust your second choice 10 when you've a 2 score lead to bring the game home when are you going to?

Taken in isolation over these 2 games (the big one's over the AI's) JC's only real major contribution was to kick the ball out at the end.

Yep, I know it's all about playing the long game but still, I was expecting more.

Just a thought!
LeinsterLeader
Mullet

Postby LeinsterLeader » December 4th, 2018, 6:25 pm

I see Neil Francis is ringing an old bell yesterday re the Leinster 'Hamstring epidemic'.

If Leinster feel there is not an issue here (ie the hamstring problems are just a coincidence) should they not address this to defend the S&C processes and coaches? Is ignoring NF the best way to go?
LeinsterLeader
Mullet

Postby Peg Leg » December 4th, 2018, 7:13 pm

LeinsterLeader wrote:I see Neil Francis is ringing an old bell yesterday re the Leinster 'Hamstring epidemic'.

If Leinster feel there is not an issue here (ie the hamstring problems are just a coincidence) should they not address this to defend the S&C processes and coaches? Is ignoring NF the best way to go?
Who?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Devin Toner

Postby LeinsterLeader » December 4th, 2018, 7:29 pm

Peg Leg wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:I see Neil Francis is ringing an old bell yesterday re the Leinster 'Hamstring epidemic'.

Who?

Well that sorts that then :lol:
LeinsterLeader
Mullet

Postby cormac » December 4th, 2018, 8:47 pm

I'd say Francis can't remember what he's written five minutes after he's submitted it to his editor so I really wouldn't waste any time in refuting any of his usual half-assed musings.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
cormac
Rob Kearney

Postby tingman » December 5th, 2018, 3:31 am

I'm conscious he generally gets rough copy on here but am i alone in enjoying Franno's "musings"?
tingman
Bookworm

Postby outcast eddie » December 5th, 2018, 5:49 am

tingman wrote:I'm conscious he generally gets rough copy on here but am i alone in enjoying Franno's "musings"?

Nope.

He has no need to placate the powers that be and doesn't give a flying fcuk what anyone thinks of him.

Refreshing in this day and age even if he is wide of the mark sometimes.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
outcast eddie
Enlightened

Joe Tomane

Postby artaneboy » December 5th, 2018, 6:18 am

tingman wrote:I'm conscious he generally gets rough copy on here but am i alone in enjoying Franno's "musings"?

There hardly a journalist that writes about rugby that doesn’t get a regular kicking here. We’re a cranky shower of (mostly) over-informed nitpickers. Murray Kinsella, by virtue of the type of detailed analysis he provides us dweebs, is the general exception to that rule. Although even St Murray got a few digs here lately for daring criticise our orthodoxy.

But while Francis can be entertaining- even a few good jokes over the years, he is an egregious example of the lazy hack. He’s also carelessly inaccurate in his “facts”. No wonder the Sindo loves him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
artaneboy
Malcolm O'Kelly

Previous

Return to Leinster Addicts