Post by riocard911 »

D4surfer wrote:https://tg4.ie/en/player/home/?pid=5970 ... eo&dlft=34

Full match for the gaeilgeoir among us.
Iontach! Go raibh maith agat!!! :happy clapper:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Ospreys @ Home Nov. 23rd. Friday 19:35

Post by Dave Cahill »

I thought Frawley did really well on his first start at 10 this season, and his first start at 10 against what would be considered one of the better teams (and I'll return to that point). He managed the game well, kicked his goals, kicked and passed well in play and was a physical presence when he carried.

I thought our scrumhalves had a good game between them - McCarthy's decisions were spot on, but his execution was poor enough, he didn't kick well and his passing was surprisingly scattergun - O'Sullivans passing and kicking were spot on, but his decision making wasn't always that sharp, but thats okay, he's barely a foetus in rugby terms..

Our front five munched them completely - they targeted our scrum on our put in, driving hard when Tracey lifted his foot to hook and it worked for a while, but it was all they did. Keelin Giles worked hard all game to little reward. Their entire back play seemed to be based around putting him around the outside of Reid, but Reid coped pretty well and they didn't have a plan B

The rest of the Ospreys though, considering how hard we always found getting anything from them, to see such a complete omnishambles from them was unprecedented. They must have felt pretty good when they saw the teamsheets, but they didn't look like a team that ever really thought it was in with a chance
I have Bumbleflex
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

johng wrote:Our decent pack v their decent backs
7 trys. 5 for the forwards v 2 for the backs.

Does this qualify as prediction of the year?
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

IanD wrote:
johng wrote:Our decent pack v their decent backs
7 trys. 5 for the forwards v 2 for the backs.

Does this qualify as prediction of the year?
Nah, their backs were abysmal. :wink:
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Yeah, on the one hand we should have dampened down our expectations due to the side we fielded. On the other we should dampen down our enthusiasm for the result because of how bad the Ospreys were. So where is the line between the two? Hard to tell. LRIP is completely correct on a lot of what he says. Especially about that Byrne try. We were winning collisions far easier than we should have been. Yet at the same time we were playing with a team who had never played together and was dominated by 3rd string players. We had every reason to be dire. So it’s a massive positive that we weren’t. But that does need to be qualified by how bad the opposition were. And it’s not the first time a Welsh side has pitched up at the RDS and given an incredibly poor account of themselves. Which is hilarious given the cries of “belittling the league” we see from a certain section of the Welsh fan base.

Personally I’m happy to take the positives and push on without getting too far ahead of ourselves. Which is where I think LRIP is is coming from if I’m not mistaken. We’re in a bloody good position in the league now. Over the course of the next 2 months we can really cement that off the back of days like Friday. How bad?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

molloyjh wrote: Personally I’m happy to take the positives and push on without getting too far ahead of ourselves. Which is where I think LRIP is is coming from if I’m not mistaken.
Yep, pretty much!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
molloyjh wrote: Personally I’m happy to take the positives and push on without getting too far ahead of ourselves. Which is where I think LRIP is is coming from if I’m not mistaken.
Yep, pretty much!
We we’ve lost fixtures like that it’s often been a young back row (or fullback) being schooled by more experienced rivals. Ospreys didn’t appear to really try to stop us playing and cause a bit of disarray.

I think they got their prep badly wrong and found it hard to adjust.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

ronk wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Yep, pretty much!
We we’ve lost fixtures like that it’s often been a young back row (or fullback) being schooled by more experienced rivals. Ospreys didn’t appear to really try to stop us playing and cause a bit of disarray.

I think they got their prep badly wrong and found it hard to adjust.
Yeah, but it's fairly shambolic that they fell to pieces after their firat sustained attack was turned over. They run some good lines but they were running off the back of slow ball and a set defence. Credit to our backs for keeping that defensive shape for the 80 with some great reads by Reider (Reiders Reads), Byrne and Lowe to keep the ball from making out to the wings.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

It’s worth noting that their try came in part as the result of something they were doing all evening, which was firing dummy runner into the defensive line early and having them stop and loiter in the exact place that the ball carrier was running into. I’m not sure that it is technically obstruction, as they start behind the ball and don’t actively target a defender, just the space they are looking to put the man through. However they do actively stop in that space. We read it well generally, but got caught out that time.