Ospreys @ Home Nov. 23rd. Friday 19:35

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

RichardP
Graduate

Re: Ospreys @ Home Nov. 23rd. Friday 19:35

Post by RichardP »

Very impressive performance by the Lyoungster team. Several highly promising individuals too.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

What a performance. Ospreys were shite, but we soaked up their best in the first 10 mins and literally everyone was switched on all game.

Frawley's range of kicking is really strong. Lovely attacking game too. He could be very good.

Reid had a good game. He's classy at this level which is why he's worth a contract.

Our pack really stood up. All of starting 5 had great games and Byrne bros did their usual off the bench.

Keenan and A Byrne also impressed me.

Jaysus but Penny is a little fella isn't he? Hits hard mind!

By the way, Sam Davies is the biggest shaper I've seen on a pitch for a while. Completely hid when his side needed him.
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

ribs wrote:That’s a good ospreys side - we’ll do well to win this one
How wrong I was
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
XyzFoo
Beginner

Post by XyzFoo »

More devaluing of the league with Leinster sending out a bunch of kids to <checks notes> utterly spank the opposition, apparently.

Frawley was superb and couldn't have gone with anyone else for motm, but Fardy is worth his weight.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

I need a cig after that match.

And I don't even smoke.
Anyone But New Zealand
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Hopefully Van Grann wasn’t watching with his greesy Munster paws
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Jonny tight lips wrote:Hopefully Van Grann wasn’t watching with his greesy Munster paws
I reckon he'll go for our scrumhalf.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

That was an extraordinary Leinster performance and a great result.

I have never seen a game in which the, almost flawless, defence created the opportunities for so many tries.

This was not a poor opponent. Ospreys executed many parts of the game with skill and aggression. But from the first foray of eight minutes continuous Ospreys attacking, during which the Leinster defence conceded neither a try nor a kickable penalty, it was evident that the quality and resolve of all 23 Leinster players was to be strong defensively and disciplined in that defence.

Whoever chose the player on the Match Programme cover got it dead right with Scott Fardy. He was immense. Noel Reid, defensively, was right beside him.

An extraordinary result. But a wonderful performance of teamwork combined with confidence and belief. In this form, any Club in Pro14 or European competition will not relish the prospect of facing our team.

Well done all the Squad, Coaches and Management. A great performance at an unlikely time of the Season.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Ruckedtobits wrote:

This was not a poor opponent.
If you had of finished that with ‘on paper’.

In reality if you go past those opening few minites you talk about where things didn’t happen as easy as the Ospreys seemed to think they would they were bloody brutal. That is not to knock anything we did. They looked callow and soft but we were the ones with the youth and inexperience so to be able to put 50 on them is some achievement. Their pack were well beaten up by a bunch of highly motivated kids and a couple of grisly aul lads it certainly warmed a cold November night watching them.

Someone mentioned James Lowe taking to much on and needing to show more leadership. Won’t comment on him with the ball but without it he marshalled O’Brien and Keenan all evening before he went off. He was talking and guiding them all evening even when the result was not in doubt, so in that respect he was certainly leading the D line.

Great 5 points.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

ronk wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote:Hopefully Van Grann wasn’t watching with his greesy Munster paws
Sharing the output of our academies makes us all stronger! 8)
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Ospreys @ Home Nov. 23rd. Friday 19:35

Post by artaneboy »

It was one of the great performances by a an under strength squad: without Fardy and Lowe (and maybe Reid)- a definite third/ fourth string.

It could hardly have gone much better. An initial period of defence to test abs prove their worth there; then relentless attack from forwards and backs for 70 minutes. No easing off, scores coming in a variety of exciting- fir the future ways. Even giving up that try at the end could be seen as useful for the video review session.

Absolutely no poor performances, but Fardy of course was excellent- as was Maloney. Lowe made a couple of mistakes but was a good and prominent leader and focus for the back three. Frawley and Keenan were great too; very encouraging.

But my MOTM was Reid. He’s brave, skilled, organised and if he had size, would be a top class player for us. But he’s more than worth his place in the squad. Bent is a similar figure: never lets us down, rarely gets media plaudits.

Barring a “break glass in emergency” moment- (which might come for Noel against Bath) they are both unlikely to play in the seriously big matches. So I sort of feel these type of nights are their “Big Show”, and its very satisfying to see them play so well. They deserve their moment be recognised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by artaneboy on November 24th, 2018, 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

tomthefan wrote:
ronk wrote:
STOP IT! :-)

TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

wixfjord wrote:
RichardP wrote:I don’t know who the Welsh co-commentator is on the TV coverage, but even for a Welshman he is unbelievably myopic. Toland is calling him Sean but no last name. Excuses all over the place, everything is a ‘bit lucky’ or a ‘bit unlucky’ or ‘we don’t have the resources in Wales’, ‘harsh call’...you couldn’t make it up. At 38-0 he says ‘You can proably say technically Leinster are superior but Ospreys are really missing those key players’. Next it’ll be ‘just a flesh wound!’
Sean Holley I'd say?
I think the introduction of non Irish commentary is a really good move. Takes us of our echo chamber. I like Sean Holley. Of course hes going to be sympathic to the Ospreys. And it wasnt as if he was denigrating Leinsters performance.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Age of Leinster XV at end of game last night:

1. Ed Byrne(25/29 caps)
2. Bryan Byrne(25/31 caps)
3. Vakh Abdaladze(22/4 caps)
4. Scott Fardy(33/30 caps)
5. Mick Kearney(27/41 caps)
6. Max Deegan(22/28 caps)
7. Scott Penny(19/1 cap)
8. Caelan Doris(20/5 caps)
9. Hugh O'Sullivan(20/4 caps)
10. Ciaran Frawley(20/5 caps)
11. Jack Kelly(21/1 cap)
12. Noel Reid(28/106 caps)
13. Jimmy O'Brien(21/1 cap)
14. Adam Byrne(24/42 caps)
15. Hugo Keenan(22/3 caps)
Last edited by mildlyinterested on November 24th, 2018, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

TrapperChamonix wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
RichardP wrote:I don’t know who the Welsh co-commentator is on the TV coverage, but even for a Welshman he is unbelievably myopic. Toland is calling him Sean but no last name. Excuses all over the place, everything is a ‘bit lucky’ or a ‘bit unlucky’ or ‘we don’t have the resources in Wales’, ‘harsh call’...you couldn’t make it up. At 38-0 he says ‘You can proably say technically Leinster are superior but Ospreys are really missing those key players’. Next it’ll be ‘just a flesh wound!’
Sean Holley I'd say?
I think the introduction of non Irish commentary is a really good move. Takes us of our echo chamber. I like Sean Holley. Of course hes going to be sympathic to the Ospreys. And it wasnt as if he was denigrating Leinsters performance.
Don’t you? You’d want to listen to him on SC4 when he has his own echo chamber by way of comparison. But I suppose he’s no worse than most of them. Essentially I agree it’s good to get a different voice in the mix.

Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

tomthefan wrote:
ronk wrote:
Your like a lad in the smoking area without so much as a filter saying let’s share all our smokes.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

mildlyinterested wrote:Age of Leinster XV at end of game last night:

1. Ed Byrne(25/29 caps)
7. Scott Penny(19/14 cap)
11. Jack Kelly(21/1 cap)
Thanks MI.
I don't think Penny has 14 caps though.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Peg Leg wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:Age of Leinster XV at end of game last night:

1. Ed Byrne(25/29 caps)
7. Scott Penny(19/14 cap)
11. Jack Kelly(21/1 cap)
Thanks MI.
I don't think Penny has 14 caps though.
thanks, typo.
Fred Funk
Mullet

Post by Fred Funk »

Was a bit worried about our outhalf cover, with Munster stockpiling 5 outhalves. But over the last frw matches both Reid and Frawley have proved themselves good number 3s.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

tomthefan wrote:
ronk wrote:
Pull yourself up. Don't drag us down
Anyone But New Zealand