NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby outcast eddie » November 25th, 2018, 3:05 pm

The biggest thing about this game is the game 7 days later so the usual smattering of callow youths for this fixture may not get a look in. (edit) Actually, now that I've had a go at trying to pick a team it looks like there'll be no choice but to include a lot of the youngsters.

Some headline names in good form and match ready after AI's so there is no need to risk too many stars.

The Dragons are in a flat spin out to sea so a even a weakened team can expect a win.

Would it be ironic if this game was the straw that breaks Birch's back?

This is normally a fixture I attend but I can't bear to witness the anger directed at the Dragons players by their own fans from the terraces any longer.

It'd be nice to get Dan Leavy, JGP and R O'L some game time ahead of HC.

We await injury update on JC, last seen hors de combat.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
User avatar
outcast eddie
Enlightened
 
Posts: 784
Joined: June 18th, 2009, 9:45 pm

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby cormac » November 25th, 2018, 4:53 pm

Reckon we should have a slightly stronger squad available this week. The six (McGrath, Cronin, Ryan, Leavy, Larmour and Kearney) who were released back to us last week, injuries permitting, should at least be in the mix for selection. Whether any of the other int'l squad players feature this week may well depend on when they return to training.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5159
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby artaneboy » November 25th, 2018, 5:09 pm

cormac wrote:Reckon we should have a slightly stronger squad available this week. The six (McGrath, Cronin, Ryan, Leavy, Larmour and Kearney) who were released back to us last week, injuries permitting, should at least be in the mix for selection. Whether any of the other int'l squad players feature this week may well depend on when they return to training.


Is Leavy fit?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
User avatar
artaneboy
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3173
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 8:46 pm
Location: closer than you think...

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby cormac » November 25th, 2018, 6:01 pm

artaneboy wrote:
cormac wrote:Reckon we should have a slightly stronger squad available this week. The six (McGrath, Cronin, Ryan, Leavy, Larmour and Kearney) who were released back to us last week, injuries permitting, should at least be in the mix for selection. Whether any of the other int'l squad players feature this week may well depend on when they return to training.


Is Leavy fit?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


No idea.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5159
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby Oldschool » November 25th, 2018, 9:00 pm

outcast eddie wrote:The biggest thing about this game is the game 7 days later so the usual smattering of callow youths for this fixture may not get a look in. (edit) Actually, now that I've had a go at trying to pick a team it looks like there'll be no choice but to include a lot of the youngsters.

Some headline names in good form and match ready after AI's so there is no need to risk too many stars.

The Dragons are in a flat spin out to sea so a even a weakened team can expect a win.

Would it be ironic if this game was the straw that breaks Birch's back?

This is normally a fixture I attend but I can't bear to witness the anger directed at the Dragons players by their own fans from the terraces any longer.

It'd be nice to get Dan Leavy, JGP and R O'L some game time ahead of HC.

We await injury update on JC, last seen hors de combat.

Dragons beat Edinburgh today so Birch is probably ok until Christmas at least
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 11159
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby desperado » November 26th, 2018, 12:29 am

Dragons weren't bad v Edinburgh today. They may not be the pushover many expect.
User avatar
desperado
Mullet
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: May 7th, 2009, 8:10 pm
Location: location location

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby neiliog93 » November 26th, 2018, 12:51 am

Based on Autumn International game time:

1.J.McGrath 2.Tracy 3.Porter

4.Fardy 5.Molony

6.Jos.Murphy 8.Deegan 7.Penney

9.JGP 10.R.Byrne 12.Reid 13.COB 14.A.Byrne

11.Kelly 15.D.Kearney (?)

16.B.Byrne 17.Dooley 18.Bent 19.M.Kearney 20.Doris 21.O'Sullivan 22.Frawley 23.T.Daly
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
neiliog93
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:42 am

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby cormac » November 26th, 2018, 1:48 pm

Jordan Larmour had a minor procedure on a knee injury, expected to be back in training next week
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5159
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby cormac » November 26th, 2018, 2:19 pm

Not the most encouraging injury update.

https://www.the42.ie/jordan-larmour-kne ... =shortlink
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5159
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby curates_egg » November 26th, 2018, 2:21 pm

Will be very interesting to see what happens at 8 this weekend and next. If Deegan is to start against Bath, you'd imagine he'd need to start this week. Do this coaches prefer Doris? Do they think he has enough to play Champion's Cup rugby? Or will Ruddock get the nod?
User avatar
curates_egg
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2173
Joined: November 29th, 2011, 4:50 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby wixfjord » November 26th, 2018, 2:26 pm

Jaysus, injuries piling up at a key part of the year.

Doesn't sound like ROL will make Bath, meaning we'll be going in without him and Henshaw. Going to need someone to deputise in the centre then.
wixfjord
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4125
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby paddyor » November 26th, 2018, 2:40 pm

I reckon It'll be Ruddock at 8 with Deegan on the bench.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
User avatar
paddyor
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3708
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 12:48 am

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby curates_egg » November 26th, 2018, 2:53 pm

wixfjord wrote:Jaysus, injuries piling up at a key part of the year.

Doesn't sound like ROL will make Bath, meaning we'll be going in without him and Henshaw. Going to need someone to deputise in the centre then.


No Tomane either who, despite form, was signed for precisely this reason. Larmour hasn't played at centre yet this season, and will he even make the XV if he is having surgery this week?
Sexton-Lowe-Reid-Ringrose-Byrne-Kearney (Byrne-Larmour/O'Brien).
Another worrying thing is the long-term injury to McCarthy, which means Fardy will probably make only the home matchday squad. Toner-Ryan-Leavy-VDF-Ruddock (Moloney-Deegan).
Not exactly the ideal selection for an away European game, even if Bath are in a slump.

Totally out there idea but listening to the post-match presser made me think of it: any chance of Frawley being played at 12 this week as a trial?
User avatar
curates_egg
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2173
Joined: November 29th, 2011, 4:50 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby Dexter » November 26th, 2018, 3:18 pm

cormac wrote:Not the most encouraging injury update.

https://www.the42.ie/jordan-larmour-kne ... =shortlink

When did ROL become a "long term injury"?
That trip to the Southern Kings have become very expensive in terms of injuries...
Dont Panic!
User avatar
Dexter
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 11:36 am

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » November 26th, 2018, 3:42 pm

Okay Isa enough is enough, time to come back now.
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 11500
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby riocard911 » November 26th, 2018, 3:45 pm

curates_egg wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Jaysus, injuries piling up at a key part of the year.

Doesn't sound like ROL will make Bath, meaning we'll be going in without him and Henshaw. Going to need someone to deputise in the centre then.


No Tomane either who, despite form, was signed for precisely this reason. Larmour hasn't played at centre yet this season, and will he even make the XV if he is having surgery this week?
Sexton-Lowe-Reid-Ringrose-Byrne-Kearney (Byrne-Larmour/O'Brien).
Another worrying thing is the long-term injury to McCarthy, which means Fardy will probably make only the home matchday squad. Toner-Ryan-Leavy-VDF-Ruddock (Moloney-Deegan).
Not exactly the ideal selection for an away European game, even if Bath are in a slump.

Totally out there idea but listening to the post-match presser made me think of it: any chance of Frawley being played at 12 this week as a trial?


Was wondering the same thing meself......
riocard911
Mullet
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 10:42 pm

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby johng » November 26th, 2018, 3:51 pm

Neither Tom Daly nor Conor O'Brien in the Euro squad. Looks like it is Reid or Frawley ok.
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 17472
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby LeinsterLeader » November 26th, 2018, 5:32 pm

Well Dan Leavy was training today so that's a good sign I suppose

Image
User avatar
LeinsterLeader
Mullet
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: May 23rd, 2010, 8:51 pm

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby curates_egg » November 26th, 2018, 7:51 pm

LeinsterLeader wrote:Well Dan Leavy was training today so that's a good sign I suppose

Image


Some good news!
Not much 'general tightness' in evidence there.
User avatar
curates_egg
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2173
Joined: November 29th, 2011, 4:50 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: NG Dragons Vs Leinster Rodney Pde Sat 1st Dec 17.15

Postby joooooe » November 26th, 2018, 7:59 pm

curates_egg wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:Well Dan Leavy was training today so that's a good sign I suppose

Image


Some good news!
Not much 'general tightness' in evidence there.


That's him standing up straight
joooooe
Bookworm
 
Posts: 176
Joined: April 7th, 2009, 12:04 pm

Next

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arsebiscuits1, cormac, Jcahill1, lynam1104, Shaymo68, SurreyBlue and 10 guests