Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

alanair
Mullet

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Post by alanair »

Much as I admire James Ryan & I suppose you have to pick MOTM from the winning team ... best player on the pitch today was Bath # 7
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

I know the conditions were not goid but I would have expected us to win a bit more comfortably. The team looked a bit off. Maybe not the flu more like ring rusty. I would be confident that if the track is dry next week that we would be sharper and a nonus point might be more of a possibility.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

alanair wrote:Much as I admire James Ryan & I suppose you have to pick MOTM from the winning team ... best player on the pitch today was Bath # 7
Agree totally. Underhill was my MOTM. It was enraging to see Leinster falling into his trap repeatedly. That was a seriously underwhelming performance by the European champions. Had Larmour not scored off that intercept we would most likely have lost.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

alanair wrote:Much as I admire James Ryan & I suppose you have to pick MOTM from the winning team ... best player on the pitch today was Bath # 7
Yeah, he was superb alright. A total pest
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

He is/was excellent but it was really annoying to see us under resource rucks. In tough conditions like that it's much more important to have numbers to secure the ball close in rather than have options wider out doing nothing, particularly when we were losing the collisions in the first half.

One of Louw's steals in their 22 near the end of the first half when Luke was the only one to clear out after a pick and go was a joke.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Just don’t agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

riocard911 wrote:
Agree totally. Underhill was my MOTM. It was enraging to see Leinster falling into his trap repeatedly. That was a seriously underwhelming performance by the European champions. Had Larmour not scored off that intercept we would most likely have lost.
Ben Kay was just questioned about this on Twitter and said that they actually pick two MOTMs, one form each side, and then whoever wins gets the nod because it would be awkward to have an interview with the MOTM if he'd just lost. Said he'd have given it to Underhill if he could, never knew that!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Really good effort to win away in those conditions. Cats back for everyone

tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

You taking the puss
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Nothing easy in the Rec in bad weather. Girv gave them a very good read on how to stop Leinster. Break up their momentum, slow down every breakdown so that Leinster carriers are taking the ball static and not generating any go forward. When in possession, take the ball deeper and change the angles of running as you receive the ball and then run at the "seam" between players.

The Ref was very consistent, and IMO, accurate at breakdowns. But neither he nor his Assistants had any interest in mid-field offside or obstruction of the kick chaser.

Excellent win and all that would have been on Leinster's docket once they heard the weather forecast.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
riocard911 wrote:
Ben Kay was just questioned about this on Twitter and said that they actually pick two MOTMs, one form each side, and then whoever wins gets the nod because it would be awkward to have an interview with the MOTM if he'd just lost. Said he'd have given it to Underhill if he could, never knew that!
I can still see Joe Launchbury’s little face when he got MOTM after getting knocked out of the World Cup. Id swear they did it out of malice

Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Delighted with that, awful conditions and Bath played to the conditions and played well in the first half. Yes we struggled in places but looked comfortable for large parts of the second half. Ryan, Healy, Cronin, Ringrose and Larmour all excellent, Conan solid when he came on and good cameo from Ross Byrne and LPG.

Not a classic but roll on the Aviva and we can put them to the sword and get 5 pts.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Noel Reid was excellent today. Very important match for him. He’s now a viable option in the midfield on the first team squad at 10, 12 and 13. Delighted for him.

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

artaneboy wrote:Noel Reid was excellent today. Very important match for him. He’s now a viable option in the midfield on the first team squad at 10, 12 and 13. Delighted for him.

Is he?!

Had a good game today in tough conditions, but I'd say he's our fourth choice 10 and at best fourth choice 13?
When did he last play 13?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Reid's last (and only) start at 13 was away to the Cheetahs last season
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Wasps 16 Toulouse 24

Shame

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'm a wee bit worried I must say.

We've only really played well for half the Wasps game and maybe 20 mins in Toulouse.

Will now need three wins to go through on top.

A TBP next weekend would be helpful.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

We will win next week and Wasps won't be interested in our last game so simple head to head v Toulouse....I have no doubt Leocaster will have things humming for that one.

Bring it on !!

Still pretty sure we will top the group.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

I really don't understand some of the decisions to box kick. Bath 15 was excellent under the high ball, as other posters mentioned, and yet we kept kicking. There was one in the second half (maybe when Larmour got penalised for a tackle in the air) where we kicked from around the Bath 10m. Why hand possession back to them when were in their half? Or why not pass out to the 10 and kick to the corner and put pressure on their lineout?
Need to bring back some of ROG's plays.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Twist wrote:Wasps 16 Toulouse 24

Shame

No damage done then tg.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.