Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

FLIP
Seán Cronin

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Post by FLIP »

Raynal letting Bath change their call after they chose a scrum.
Anyone But New Zealand
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

That was a very good performance. We won a tough game away from home. Let’s not forget that in the predicable disappointment that we didn’t get a bonus point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Job done - you have dig out wins in these games in tough conditions ....defence good but lots to work on for next week.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Will take that and run.
A great result.

But that was not a good performance.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Ringrose with an immense tackle after Bath broke through, he's been outstanding today.
What I always notice about Ringrose is that as the experience of those around him decreases, the amount of responsibility he takes on himself increases.
Has a huge engine as well, seems to grow as games go on.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

artaneboy wrote:That was a very good performance. We won a tough game away from home. Let’s not forget that in the predicable disappointment that we didn’t get a bonus point.

I think that people were losing the run of themselves talking about a bonus point as if it were in the bag. This Bath team only lost to Toulouse due to a future Question Of Sport question
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote:
artaneboy wrote:That was a very good performance. We won a tough game away from home. Let’s not forget that in the predicable disappointment that we didn’t get a bonus point.

I think that people were losing the run of themselves talking about a bonus point as if it were in the bag. This Bath team only lost to Toulouse due to a future Question Of Sport question
Why, what happened?
Next
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:

Bath were terrible in that game, are doing poorly in the GP, and had loads of injuries.

I thought we'd react to the Toulouse loss but we really didn't. Don't think anyone could have predicted that our pack would be so far off the pace physically and Dev and Rhys would be all over the place for restarts. Even if the conditions had been better we just weren't at the races.

Some notable exceptions, thought James Ryan, Ringrose, and Larmour were all excellent. Healy, Cronin (in open play), Noel, and Rob did quite well too.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Dave Cahill wrote:

Ah hang on. GC strictly told me in the indo this morning I was to be disappointed with anything less then a BP win :lol:
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

The thing about James Ryan is that, if you can visualise him as a three-times GS captain slightly balding player (imagine Dev in 2018) explaining how we have just beaten NZ for two WRC in three...

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Just two things to come out of this game.
1. What's the weather forecast for next weekend.
2. Can we have a nice dry day please.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

artaneboy wrote:The thing about James Ryan is that, if you can visualise him as a three-times GS captain slightly balding player (imagine Dev in 2018) explaining how we have just beaten NZ for two WRC in three...

That prediction is at the very least a genuine possibility.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Oldschool wrote:Just two things to come out of this game.
1. What's the weather forecast for next weekend.
2. Can we have a nice dry day please.
And Leavy should never play at 8 again, or at least we shouldn't try it when we know the weather will be shite.

Hard to judge on a performance like that because you'd expect us to be far better in the rest of our European games but Fardy looks like being crucial again. Lowe was very quiet but that's the first time I've ever thought that.

I'd almost wonder if there was a flu in the camp or something, just so lethargic apart from a few exceptions.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Oldschool wrote:
artaneboy wrote:The thing about James Ryan is that, if you can visualise him as a three-times GS captain slightly balding player (imagine Dev in 2018) explaining how we have just beaten NZ for two WRC in three...

Ehhh- slightly embarrassed- that date should be 2027...

artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Oldschool wrote:

Yes- it f*}~ken is!!!

tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Lets hope Wasps can do a number on Toulouse
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

tingman wrote:Lets hope Wasps can do a number on Toulouse
Unlikely but even null bonus points would be good.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

artaneboy wrote:
Oldschool wrote:

Yes- it f*}~ken is!!!

Except the balding bit maybe. :wink:
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Tiny, cr@p quality pitch, awful conditions, strong opposition pack (and a few big backs), fired-up opposition with a strong roster but who've been under-performing, an opposition coach who knows us inside-out, a few of our guys out/half fit....all things considered, a good result in a potential banana skin game. The long-term forecast for next weekend (if it's worth anything) is for a cold, dry, still day, so good conditions for us. Nice and big, high quality pitch in the Aviva too. Honestly, I think we might put 40 or 50 points on them next week.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
And Leavy should never play at 8 again, or at least we shouldn't try it when we know the weather will be shite.
That always irritates me. Controlling a ball going forward or backward and getting the ball out of the back of a moving scrum securely is a positional skill like a scrum-half's passing or an out-half's kicking
I have Bumbleflex