Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Post by CiaranIrl »

If it was the other way around, I would feel seriously aggreived about the Larmour intercept try. It was a terrible throw,which was quite obviously crocked. That should have been scrum advantage to Bath, but two passes later, it was an intercept. How they could say advantage over after two passes is beyond me.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Josh was better than I remembered when I watched it back, and with his engine he really grew into the game, so I take back what I said about wanting Leavy to move across to 7 given that Leavy has been injured and may have faded. I had noticed this on Saturday but Josh has ridiculous acceleration when he really needs it. The way he caught one of the bath players from behind after he skipped past him in their 22 was freakish, and he did similar a couple of weeks ago when Barrett looked to be in for a try but somehow he stayed with him and clawed him back, don't think I've ever seen that happen to Barrett before.

Ringrose was even better than I remembered, brilliant performance.
Simply put, Ringer is a world class operator and indispensable to our team.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

CiaranIrl wrote:If it was the other way around, I would feel seriously aggreived about the Larmour intercept try. It was a terrible throw,which was quite obviously crocked. That should have been scrum advantage to Bath, but two passes later, it was an intercept. How they could say advantage over after two passes is beyond me.
They were 5m over the gain line when their scrum-half gets on to Cronin's bad throw so I can kind of see why he called advantage over so quickly. If I was a Bath fan I'd be annoyed by a perceived lack of consistency considering the advantage we got in the first half when Lowe kicked one away on a scrum advantage.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

tingman wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Josh was better than I remembered when I watched it back, and with his engine he really grew into the game, so I take back what I said about wanting Leavy to move across to 7 given that Leavy has been injured and may have faded. I had noticed this on Saturday but Josh has ridiculous acceleration when he really needs it. The way he caught one of the bath players from behind after he skipped past him in their 22 was freakish, and he did similar a couple of weeks ago when Barrett looked to be in for a try but somehow he stayed with him and clawed him back, don't think I've ever seen that happen to Barrett before.

Ringrose was even better than I remembered, brilliant performance.
Simply put, Ringer is a world class operator and indispensable to our team.
100% agree.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

CiaranIrl wrote:If it was the other way around, I would feel seriously aggreived about the Larmour intercept try. It was a terrible throw,which was quite obviously crocked. That should have been scrum advantage to Bath, but two passes later, it was an intercept. How they could say advantage over after two passes is beyond me.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

cormac wrote:
They were 5m over the gain line when their scrum-half gets on to Cronin's bad throw so I can kind of see why he called advantage over so quickly. If I was a Bath fan I'd be annoyed by a perceived lack of consistency considering the advantage we got in the first half when Lowe kicked one away on a scrum advantage.
I only watched the highlights back and I didn't see him call advantage at all. So either he didn't call the crooked throw or the advantage was already over from their playing it from the forward throw. In other words the advantage accrued at exactly the same time as it was over...

Which is... odd.

EDIT
The passes after that were behind the gainline so it would have been an unusually short advantage, I'm not convinced that he had called one.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

He did call advantage for not straight. Bath were already over the gain line, Chudley came onto the ball and then went to ground. No Leinster player engaged so it wasn't a ruck, but they then passed it wide. Wilson's was the second pass after it.

So it was definitely a quick advantage call but not really the same as Lowe's where we didn't get an advantage because he kicked away.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

fourthirtythree wrote:
cormac wrote:
I only watched the highlights back and I didn't see him call advantage at all. So either he didn't call the crooked throw or the advantage was already over from their playing it from the forward throw. In other words the advantage accrued at exactly the same time as it was over...

Which is... odd.

EDIT
The passes after that were behind the gainline so it would have been an unusually short advantage, I'm not convinced that he had called one.
Yeah, he definitely called advantage. I thought it was super harsh on them to be honest. I'd be absolutely raging if it happened to us.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I thought it was fine. The ref had called advantage over so don't think they can have any complaints, if anything I think they should be annoyed at the ten because you don't take stupid risks off a scrum advantage. Have a feeling he didn't actually hear that advantage was over but you can't mitigate for that.

Agree with Cormac about the Lowe one though, that seemed lucky for us.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

CiaranIrl wrote:
Yeah, he definitely called advantage. I thought it was super harsh on them to be honest. I'd be absolutely raging if it happened to us.
Meh. I'm over it now.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Big Tadhg telling it like it is:

“Coming in this morning I felt we had lost the game in some ways,” Furlong admitted.

“Lads were disappointed with the performance and I suppose we do set the standards high. We want to be ambitious, we want to go well in this tournament again, we probably didn’t reach that level of performance at the weekend, so it is a little bit disappointing, yeah.”

https://www.the42.ie/tadhg-furlong-lein ... 7-Dec2018/
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Not sure if it got a mention last week but, according to my records, one footnote from the game was that Ed Byrne became the 200th player to play for Leinster in this competition when he came on as a sub for Healy.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish