Leinster V Bath Sat 15th Dec 17.30 BT Sport

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Re: Leinster V Bath Sat 15th Dec 17.30 BT Sport

Post by artaneboy »

Oldschool wrote:Re Reid.
Had a good buy listening to the commentary and watching the game again.
Reid didn't give us front foot ball the way somebody like Henshaw can give you in the conditions that prevailed.
Hard yards.
Well- very few do what Henshaw gives you. So no fault in that. The better measure for next Saturday would be what do the available alternatives provide: ROL, COB, etc.

I don’t see Rory giving much more than Noel- and Conor is too newbie for this gig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

artaneboy wrote:
Oldschool wrote:Re Reid.
Had a good buy listening to the commentary and watching the game again.
Reid didn't give us front foot ball the way somebody like Henshaw can give you in the conditions that prevailed.
Hard yards.
Well- very few do what Henshaw gives you. So no fault in that. The better measure for next Saturday would be what do the available alternatives provide: ROL, COB, etc.

I don’t see Rory giving much more than Noel- and Conor is too newbie for this gig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Conor O'Brien hasn't been added to the European squad.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Although I don’t expect any changes, I believe we still have until the end of tomorrow to make changes to our European squad.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

I don't really see COB being added for this weekend, but it'll be interesting to see what happens over the Christmas interpros. Whoever the coaches view as the best option to face Toulouse would probably need to be getting two starts out of three to bed into the role
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Just been rewatching last Saturday's match and must make an observation in praise of Ross Byrne, who could well be starting at ten at the weekend. He was barely on the pitch, when Dev Toner dislodged the ball, thereby cutting short a Bath attack only a couple of metres from our line, and passed to him. Byrne's split second decision to go for a long pass to Lowe on the wing was brave, the execution of said pass out of this world. From Lowe's subsequent clearing kick followed the peno, which RB converted a put us ten points ahead. Now that's what I call impact off the bench!!!!!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

riocard911 wrote:Just been rewatching last Saturday's match and must make an observation in praise of Ross Byrne, who could well be starting at ten at the weekend. He was barely on the pitch, when Dev Toner dislodged the ball, thereby cutting short a Bath attack only a couple of metres from our line, and passed to him. Byrne's split second decision to go for a long pass to Lowe on the wing was brave, the execution of said pass out of this world. From Lowe's subsequent clearing kick followed the peno, which RB converted a put us ten points ahead. Now that's what I call impact off the bench!!!!!
Agreed. Seems to be playing with a real confidence. With all the attention on Joey down south RB could well be the big winner if he continues on this trajectory
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Serb wrote:Although I don’t expect any changes, I believe we still have until the end of tomorrow to make changes to our European squad.
12pm on the Tuesday before the match

3.5 Each club may register up to three additional players during the pool stage, each to replace a player previously registered. If a club registers three additional players, one such player must be a front row player. Additional players must have a three-month contract with the club and must not have played for another club in the tournament. Additional player registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on the Tuesday before the match. De-registered players may be re-registered (in place of the relevant additional players) during the pool stage.

https://www.epcrugby.com/champions-cup/format/rules/
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
riocard911 wrote:Just been rewatching last Saturday's match and must make an observation in praise of Ross Byrne, who could well be starting at ten at the weekend. He was barely on the pitch, when Dev Toner dislodged the ball, thereby cutting short a Bath attack only a couple of metres from our line, and passed to him. Byrne's split second decision to go for a long pass to Lowe on the wing was brave, the execution of said pass out of this world. From Lowe's subsequent clearing kick followed the peno, which RB converted a put us ten points ahead. Now that's what I call impact off the bench!!!!!
Agreed. Seems to be playing with a real confidence. With all the attention on Joey down south RB could well be the big winner if he continues on this trajectory
Aside from all that, Byrne made a very good tackle in the last few mins when Bath were trying to get over too. He's coming along nicely.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Byrne also put in a thumping hit when he came on.

I too would be slightly worried with Byrne and Reid at 10/12 at the weekend, but on the other hand if our pack get on top and they get good ball they could rip it up.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

cormac wrote:
Serb wrote:Although I don’t expect any changes, I believe we still have until the end of tomorrow to make changes to our European squad.
12pm on the Tuesday before the match

3.5 Each club may register up to three additional players during the pool stage, each to replace a player previously registered. If a club registers three additional players, one such player must be a front row player. Additional players must have a three-month contract with the club and must not have played for another club in the tournament. Additional player registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on the Tuesday before the match. De-registered players may be re-registered (in place of the relevant additional players) during the pool stage.

https://www.epcrugby.com/champions-cup/format/rules/
Nice one, cheers. I should have looked that up.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Joe Cokanasiga is out, Joseph and Watson still out, Mercer may be back though.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Aled Brew has recovered from a fractured forearm, but he is not registered for the Heineken Champions Cup and will play for Bath United against Saracens Storm at the Rec on Sunday.

Freddie Burns is "touch and go" but likely to miss out again this weekend. He suffered a hairline toe fracture against Sale Sharks, which is still sore. The club are hoping he will be fit for the Premiership matches against Wasps and Leicester Tigers to round off the year.
https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/ot ... er-2315548

We're really getting them at a good time for injuries. We have a few of our own but on a drier track, bigger pitch and with a better forward performance should be looking for a TBP.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

wixfjord wrote:
Aled Brew has recovered from a fractured forearm, but he is not registered for the Heineken Champions Cup and will play for Bath United against Saracens Storm at the Rec on Sunday.

Freddie Burns is "touch and go" but likely to miss out again this weekend. He suffered a hairline toe fracture against Sale Sharks, which is still sore. The club are hoping he will be fit for the Premiership matches against Wasps and Leicester Tigers to round off the year.
https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/ot ... er-2315548

We're really getting them at a good time for injuries. We have a few of our own but on a drier track, bigger pitch and with a better forward performance should be looking for a TBP.
Hopefully, it will be a drier track but right now heavy rain forecast for Saturday.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Heavy rain seems to be forecast consistently between now and Saturday. No matter how good the drainage is at LR the pitch has got to be heavy after almost a week of solid rain.
Four Stars
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Lar wrote:Heavy rain seems to be forecast consistently between now and Saturday. No matter how good the drainage is at LR the pitch has got to be heavy after almost a week of solid rain.
Not that much forecast for Thursday and Friday but heavy rain due on Saturday morning before easing off in the evening. LR will handle that without any issues at all.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Paddypower has us at -23 favourites for this game, which is completely absurd to me given the weather forecast.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

CiaranIrl wrote:Paddypower has us at -23 favourites for this game, which is completely absurd to me given the weather forecast.
I think that's about right.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

the spoofer wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:Paddypower has us at -23 favourites for this game, which is completely absurd to me given the weather forecast.
I think that's about right.
No way. A 23+ point win would be ridiculous all things considered.

I’m pretty bullish on where I think this Leinster team should be at, but I think with the injuries in key positions that we currently have (I expect Sexton to be added to that list this weekend) and the conditions that are expected, I just don’t see us pulling more than three scores clear right now.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

the spoofer wrote:
Lar wrote:Heavy rain seems to be forecast consistently between now and Saturday. No matter how good the drainage is at LR the pitch has got to be heavy after almost a week of solid rain.
Not that much forecast for Thursday and Friday but heavy rain due on Saturday morning before easing off in the evening. LR will handle that without any issues at all.
Forecasts are not always right but the probability of rain for each day between now and the game is over 60% which to me seems high. How much actually falls on the pitch at LR is a bit of a lottery I suppose.
Four Stars
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Seems likely it’ll be raining and windy during the game (kick off is 5.30pm).