Leinster v Connacht Sat 19.45

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster v Connacht Sat 19.45

Post by OTT »

tomthefan wrote:Better side lost tonight, George let umpteen forward passes go. Then there was penalty after the knock on that wasn't. Sickener.

Clancy cheats Leinster to victory to preserve Munsters advantage over Connacht in Conference A. Jaysys yis are cute hoores Tom.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

thought connaught were sensational...in both attack and defense...took their chances when they came. irish rugby in rude health. thought we were a little lucky to be honest....clancy let things flow but could have pinged us once or twice in the final phases in the run up to the winning try.

roll on munster.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Wexford

I am open to correction but the player who headed the ball was not in possession of the ball and technically never played it since you can only play the ball with arms/hands and feet. So the player who collected the headed ball was not off side
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
XyzFoo
Beginner

Post by XyzFoo »

tomthefan wrote:
XyzFoo wrote:
tomthefan wrote:Better side lost tonight, George let umpteen forward passes go. Then there was penalty after the knock on that wasn't. Sickener.
Don't think the ref called a knock on. But it was a penalty.
It was a penalty for picking up the ball after his own player had knocked it on, only he hadn't. That moved play from connacht being in possession on the edge of your 22 to you having a line out in their half and a try in the come back came shortly after
The ball came off green's head so no knock on. Would you have thought green were onside if the ball had been kicked forward to a player ahead of it?

It was offside, penalty.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Full match here "as bearla": Watch it before it's deleted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzkZI8pdv_o
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

XyzFoo wrote: The ball came off green's head so no knock on. Would you have thought green were onside if the ball had been kicked forward to a player ahead of it?

It was offside, penalty.
Came off his head, yes. That wasn't him playing the ball as didn't use arms, hands or feet. So he never played the ball so subsequent pick up not offside.
No reason was specified.

arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

My sympathies to Connacht as that is a cruel way to lose.

Their attacking game was the best I've ever seen it since the Pat Lam days.

As pissed off as I was at their tries. I did have to admire the speed accuracy and confidence to which they played

Tom Farrell really looked up for this one and I thought he was sublime.

Blade is a really useful player and really brings tempo to it. But his play acting after Leavys shoddy clear out was criminal. Get up and play on there was no impact in it. It was still a penalty mind you. I enjoyed BOD calling him out on Instagram comparing him to Neymar haha.

Andrew Porter really brought the attitude that we needed on and was immense. His best performance in blue.

Hats off to Noel Reid. Him coming on coincided with our attack getting much better. Darcy called Reid the best passer in the squad and he showed that in spades. He has some absolute beauts off his left that really put Connacht under pressure. There was one I was begging him not to throw. I didn't think it was on, and it was inch perfect.

Really impressed with the attitude, pride and desire to win that the lads showed at the end. Wasn't a perfect performance. But that was a very good Connacht side, we were shorn of 12 guaranteed starters and we managed a tbp. Hats off.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

tomthefan wrote:
XyzFoo wrote: The ball came off green's head so no knock on. Would you have thought green were onside if the ball had been kicked forward to a player ahead of it?

It was offside, penalty.
Came off his head, yes. That wasn't him playing the ball as didn't use arms, hands or feet. So he never played the ball so subsequent pick up not offside.
Mate give it a rest.

It's bad enough I've had to listen to Munster fans lament referee decisions against their own provinces now I get to listen to them lament other provinces too?

He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:
tomthefan wrote:

It was offside, penalty.
Mate give it a rest.

It's bad enough I've had to listen to Munster fans lament referee decisions against their own provinces now I get to listen to them lament other provinces too?

We only have the one province, but we like to see justice for all. :x
No reason was specified.

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

D4surfer wrote:Full match here "as bearla": Watch it before it's deleted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzkZI8pdv_o
Or better still, download it before its deleted.

https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/youtube-converter
Last edited by blockhead on December 23rd, 2018, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

I actually thought Frawley did alright at fullback. Not so much defensively at times, but his positioning for kicks was very good, and his returns were good too.

The man sitting behind me and his two kids left with a little over 10 minutes left - to beat the traffic :roll:

Once they realised they could throw the ball out to Adam Byrne and he could beat his man and offload, things really began to click - Noel Reid had a big part in that. Benty was fine for the first half, but the difference made by Porter was huge. Really showed his international class.
Someone else mentioned that Fardy showed that he has to play the big matches. I'd argue that BFG showed the the same (and Lowe usually does too)!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

tomthefan wrote:
We only have the one province, but we like to see justice for all. :x
It's like you lost twice this weekend. :lol:
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

tomthefan wrote:It was a penalty for picking up the ball after his own player had knocked it on, only he hadn't. That moved play from connacht being in possession on the edge of your 22 to you having a line out in their half and a try in the come back came shortly after
This is incredibly wrong. We didn't garryowen to the edge of our own 22 at any point in the game. That peno was around half way. And none of the final 3 scores came from that peno. The ball changed hands a good bit between all 3 of them.

It happened at 57 mins before Connacht got their last score. Frawley went from his won 22 to around our 10m It looks like it hit his hands too in slow mo but hard to tell. Even at that, if you kick it forward and hit your own player it's a peno so the same for the head?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

We were lucky not to get a RC for the tip tackle in the second half and definitely should have been a YC.
Whether you agree with the specific case above the rest of this post is where referees need to be at.
If a ref doesn't stamp his authority on these moments in the game then he puts every player on the pitch at risk because he has set the wrong standard of what is and isn't acceptable.
It's just so important for player welfare that refs get this stuff right.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

75 tries and 538 points in our first 15 games of this season.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Interesting that the comeback was sparked by Aki knocking on when he eas almost away. We got a penalty from the scrum and drove over.

We also won the ball for the final try by slapping an uncatchable intercept backwards. Connacht didnt exactly give the ball away easily.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTb2XbuHYwE
:clap:
Well done to whomever put that little package together.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Aki straight over to the ref after the last try - who ingores him - and then shouts "hey" at someone (facing the Leinster lads celebrating)
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Laighin Break wrote:Aki straight over to the ref after the last try - who ingores him - and then shouts "hey" at someone (facing the Leinster lads celebrating)
Yeah, he was sick as a Polynesian parrot as our lads were jumpin around, but he cooled down and was shaking hands soon afterwards. He's an emotional guy.