Munster v Leinster Sat 29th 5.15pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Re: Munster v Leinster Sat 29th 5.15pm

Post by curates_egg »

RAILWAY1 wrote:It was one of the rare occasions that I didn't get to Thomond Park for the match but was at my niece's wedding and watched it on tv with a grand bunch of lads from Navan .
Usually it is Communions that keep the punters away from Thomond.
I had a ticket to the game but had to pass on it because I wasn't born until the following year.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

RAILWAY1 wrote:I haven't heard anyone in the company I keep suggesting anything like a parade or comparing it to the 78 All Blacks game (still have my program from that game ) .It was a one match in a long season, a very important match , but if we don't use the momentum from the match over the next few weeks it will be a wasted effort.
There's talk of renaming the streets around Thomond after The Liginds of December '18. Parks, schools and shopping centres aswell. Conor Murray Drive. Stander Community Area. Keith Earls Primary School. Joey Carbery Shopping Mall.

JVG will never have to buy a pint in the province again etc etc
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

suisse wrote:
RAILWAY1 wrote:I haven't heard anyone in the company I keep suggesting anything like a parade or comparing it to the 78 All Blacks game (still have my program from that game ) .It was a one match in a long season, a very important match , but if we don't use the momentum from the match over the next few weeks it will be a wasted effort.
There's talk of renaming the streets around Thomond after The Liginds of December '18. Parks, schools and shopping centres aswell. Conor Murray Drive. Stander Community Area. Keith Earls Primary School. Joey Carbery Shopping Mall.

JVG will never have to buy a pint in the province again etc etc
I heard they changing the chorus to 'no lie, The Fields of Athenry', lest there be confusion about the reference to any Leinster wingers.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Perhaps they will update that Guinness advert now. I should be dead by the time it reaches the screen at Christmas 2050! (Topped myself from watching the first one)!
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
colster
Knowledgeable

Post by colster »

When's the play coming out?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

colster wrote:When's the play coming out?
Pantomime is being planned for next Christmas.
James Lowe has been signed up to play Captain Hook with some of the Leinster players as his (motley) crew.
You can guess who will be playing the Peter Pan role.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

I now love this thread again :D
Dont Panic!