Leinster v Ulster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

etak252
Learner

Re: Leinster v Ulster

Post by etak252 »

What's the story with Tonner and Leavy . Hopefully not injured !
Chengleng1
Learner

Post by Chengleng1 »

Would anyone know if supporters packs will be available today, still havent collected mine

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

etak252 wrote:What's the story with Tonner and Leavy . Hopefully not injured !
Both are just rested. Don’t think Toner has ever missed a game through injury. Only new injury since the Munster game is Dave Kearney.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Chengleng1 wrote:Would anyone know if supporters packs will be available today, still havent collected mine

Head to the ticket office in the RDS before the game. It’s just inside the Anglesea Road entrance if you don’t know where that is. They often keep a few in there to hand out to people.
Chengleng1
Learner

Post by Chengleng1 »

Serb wrote:
Chengleng1 wrote:Would anyone know if supporters packs will be available today, still havent collected mine

Head to the ticket office in the RDS before the game. It’s just inside the Anglesea Road entrance if you don’t know where that is. They often keep a few in there to hand out to people.
Will do, thanks

RnR
Knowledgeable

Post by RnR »

Any links? In Belfast and match not available on telly in the hotel!! FFS.
bertlim
Beginner

Post by bertlim »

RnR wrote:Any links? In Belfast and match not available on telly in the hotel!! FFS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_3LMdBGfgw
RnR
Knowledgeable

Post by RnR »

Excellent, thanks

Its frustrating. We subscribe to Eir Sport via Sky. We can no longer access same online. Seems Eir have discontinued the online service.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Toland: "Lots of people talk about the corridor of power".
Do they? I've never heard it mentioned and only seen it in his articles :lol:
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Laighin Break wrote:Toland: "Lots of people talk about the corridor of power".
It's all the voices in his head
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

jimbobjoe wrote:
Laighin Break wrote:Toland: "Lots of people talk about the corridor of power".
It's all the voices in his head
I swear he says "pelanty" instead of "penalty". Or maybe it's the voices in my head...
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Good win against fairly weak opposition. We didn't shoot the lights out but were completely in control from 1st minute.

Pack was excellent. Molony and Kearney have really come on this year I must say. Molony in particular looked a cut above.

Deegan had a great game too.

COB was a clear MOTM. Looks like he could do a job at a higher level.
Reid really shows his class in these games also.

Good to see RK and Byrne looking sharp. Byrne seems to be growing into himself a bit, taking responsibility and being much more physical.

All in all a good hit out for the big one next week.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

bertlim wrote:
RnR wrote:Any links? In Belfast and match not available on telly in the hotel!! FFS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_3LMdBGfgw
This Happy Kalvin chap is great.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

wixfjord wrote:Good win against fairly weak opposition. We didn't shoot the lights out but were completely in control from 1st minute.

Pack was excellent. Molony and Kearney have really come on this year I must say. Molony in particular looked a cut above.

Good to see RK and Byrne looking sharp. Byrne seems to be growing into himself a bit, taking responsibility and being much more physical.

Josh Murphy & Portee stood out as well, I thought.

Downside to tonight is that it probably sealed that Fardy will be gone at the end of the year.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

wixfjord wrote:Good win against fairly weak opposition. We didn't shoot the lights out but were completely in control from 1st minute.

Two unsung heroes continued their excellent form and development: Moloney and Reid.

Noel is showing really well both at 12- and yes at 13, when he switches there. Combined with his very effective displays at OH, he’s becoming a a real first squad option. His defence is now very good and his hands are those if a concert pianist.

Ross is demonstrating Toner-esque traits in his (relatively) late development. Ryan and Henderson in arriving almost fully formed as locks, have been incredible exceptions to the norm for the development of second rows.

Delighted for them- hope we keep them both into next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Thought Cronin did pretty ok????
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Gearzbox2 wrote: Thought Cronin did pretty ok????
He certainly did. There's a huge gap between him and Tracy, it's the one area we lack serious depth.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Yes COB very encouraging and some other encouraging performances but hard to judge as jeepers Ulster were poor.........I know it's their second strong but they offered absolutely nothing going forward. We could easily have scored another 3-4 if it wasn't for mistakes and they spent most of the night soaking tackles, missing tackles and going backwards...........staggeringly poor team I felt. Lucky to get 7 points. Atmosphere was pants too as within about 10 minutes it turned into an elaborate training session.

Not the lads fault of course as you can only play what is in front of you and it is really good to see lots of the new talent but feeling this season is a tricky balancing act as the PRO 14 is offering such little real opposition (our half of the league is over on the 5th Jan beyond reasonable doubt) - it offers little heavy duty and testing competition for a team having to overcome serious teams like Toulouse next weekend and then onto possibly the likes of Sarries / Racing etc later in the comp. Ultimately if we lose a tight game against one of the big guns is the lack of tough match fitness going to be something to look at.

The split of the PRO 14 into two conf's is arguably working against us, certainly this season anyway as there are so many dross teams - with Glasgow seeming to be imploding on the far side of the comp potentially we could have nothing significantly testing to play in the PRO14 until a final v quite possibly Munster......not ideal.

Don't get me wrong, great to be winning and getting lots of kids out but just a nagging doubt that you need to be tested on a more regular basis to keep sharp !!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Today's match had all the intensity of an A game.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

After all the lines written and hot air ventilated re the Lowe-Conway incident last weekend, CO'B was taken out in the air in the first half by two Ulster players, landed on his neck and nobody got a card. The ref ignored the incident completely, didn't go to the TMO nor did the latter or the touch judges highlight it at all. Talk about inconsistency........