Sean Cronin

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Sean Cronin

Postby COYBIB » January 8th, 2019, 1:03 am

Don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere, but I think Sean Cronin deserves special mention for scoring his 34th and 35th try over the weekend, moving him to 8th in the list of leading all time try scorers, only Jamie Heaslip has scored more tries as a forward (38) and he sits above the likes of Luke Fitzgerald, Felipe Contepomi and Girvan Dempsey in the ranks, incredible achievement. :happy clapper:
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
COYBIB
Enlightened

Re: Sean Cronin

Postby RAILWAY1 » January 8th, 2019, 1:44 am

Good going for a former Shannon underage player
RAILWAY1
Learner

Postby Jonny tight lips » January 8th, 2019, 7:57 am

RAILWAY1 wrote:Good going for a former Shannon underage player

And his brother is getting game time too down below, he looked good too hope he dosent get pushed out next year because of the classic southern combo of an NIQ and a young leinster player being moved.
Jonny tight lips
Bookworm

Postby carlow man » January 8th, 2019, 8:33 am

COYBIB wrote:Don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere, but I think Sean Cronin deserves special mention for scoring his 34th and 35th try over the weekend, moving him to 8th in the list of leading all time try scorers, only Jamie Heaslip has scored more tries as a forward (38) and he sits above the likes of Luke Fitzgerald, Felipe Contepomi and Girvan Dempsey in the ranks, incredible achievement. :happy clapper:

Fair play to him when you consider that Schmidt rates rob herring as a better hooker!
carlow man
Knowledgeable

Postby ronk » January 8th, 2019, 8:15 pm

We sometimes tend to be a bit static in first receiver position when it's not clicking for us.

Cronin is immune to that which is really useful. First try at the weekend was a case in point. He was the only one of about 4 players who made a run (Molony did well too to hit him)
ronk
Devin Toner

Postby Theleinsterlad » January 9th, 2019, 1:21 pm

He does great running lines off the ball and always manages to get the soft shoulder to score. Most world class centres would love to have his scoring stats.

Has been brilliant for us and solidifies the fact that we have the best front row in world club rugby. I know this is Cronin love-in page, but just wanted to also shout out for Andrew Porter who simply seems to be growing into a huge asset for leinster and a player who leads his team mates by example with the work he gets through around the pitch as well. What a competition we have going for all the front row slots.
Theleinsterlad
Learner

Postby suisse » January 9th, 2019, 2:30 pm

I absolutely love Cronin. People regularly talk about Isa, Elsom, Lowe, Felipe etc as our best signings but Cronin has to be right up there. Superb asset. I don't follow the Leinster legends t-shirt thing closely but this guy deserves a mention if he hasn't already been made one.
suisse
Brian O'Driscoll

Return to Leinster Addicts