Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby bluemagic » January 9th, 2019, 11:39 am

Are Leinster supporters buying tickets in a certain section for this game? There’s no lack of choice looking at the availability....
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
User avatar
bluemagic
Graduate
 
Posts: 724
Joined: February 26th, 2011, 12:29 pm

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby tomthefan » January 9th, 2019, 11:50 am

I watched the wasps home game against Northampton last Sunday (they're only 30 miles apart, ditto leicester, so pretty much derbies now), it's a big ground and was well under half full by the looks of it. There'll be even fewer there next Saturday I'd imagine.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
User avatar
tomthefan
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 333
Joined: April 16th, 2018, 1:09 pm

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby Rob Doyle » January 9th, 2019, 11:57 am

Can get tickets in lucky bags for this one local schools also giving away tickets no worries
Rob Doyle
Beginner
 
Posts: 19
Joined: April 11th, 2018, 4:55 pm

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby backrower8 » January 13th, 2019, 3:33 pm

Team selected on basis that:

1. all those ruled out last week are available (except Luke & SOB)
2. Joe's 6N mindset will have a bearing

Healy
Cronin
Tadhg
Toner (needs action pre 6N, rest Ryan because we can and with 6N in Joe's mind)
Fardy
Rhys
VDF
Conan

JGP
Johnny
Jordan
Henshaw (needs gametime for 6N)
Garry
Adam (showing faith and building his confidence is of greater value than bringing back Lowe for a match we should deliver on without him...but close call)
Rob (needs gametime for 6N)

Subs:
Tracy
Jack Mc - not sure how to read this. If fit, Jack needs gametime for 6N, but Byrne was selected ahead of him on merit. How do you reverse that decision fairly in 1 week?
Molony
Leavy if fit as needs gametime pre 6N/ Deegan
HOS - nobody else available
Byrne
ROL
backrower8
Graduate
 
Posts: 523
Joined: December 4th, 2006, 7:13 pm
Location: Blackrock

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby backrower8 » January 13th, 2019, 3:44 pm

What is going on with Leavy? He has had more late withdrawals than starts since the Australian series.
backrower8
Graduate
 
Posts: 523
Joined: December 4th, 2006, 7:13 pm
Location: Blackrock

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby outcast eddie » January 13th, 2019, 3:56 pm

backrower8 wrote:Team selected on basis that:

1. all those ruled out last week are available (except Luke & SOB)
2. Joe's 6N mindset will have a bearing

Healy
Cronin
Tadhg
Toner (needs action pre 6N, rest Ryan because we can and with 6N in Joe's mind)
Fardy
Rhys
VDF
Conan

JGP
Johnny
Jordan
Henshaw (needs gametime for 6N)
Garry
Adam (showing faith and building his confidence is of greater value than bringing back Lowe for a match we should deliver on without him...but close call)
Rob (needs gametime for 6N)

Subs:
Tracy
Jack Mc - not sure how to read this. If fit, Jack needs gametime for 6N, but Byrne was selected ahead of him on merit. How do you reverse that decision fairly in 1 week?
Molony
Leavy if fit as needs gametime pre 6N/ Deegan
HOS - nobody else available
Byrne
ROL


Ross Byrne's substitution on 60 mins against Toulouse could be seen as a cotton wool precaution because we may not get Sexo for Wasps. I think it'll be RB with Noel on the bench again.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
User avatar
outcast eddie
Enlightened
 
Posts: 802
Joined: June 18th, 2009, 9:45 pm

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby cormac » January 13th, 2019, 4:00 pm

Byrne came off in the 72nd minute
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5224
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby wixfjord » January 13th, 2019, 5:40 pm

Quite a few permutations for this based on who we get back.

If Toner is back, I reckon we'll start Lowe and leave Fardy out.

Don't think ROL should lose his place either.
wixfjord
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4418
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby outcast eddie » January 13th, 2019, 6:05 pm

cormac wrote:Byrne came off in the 72nd minute


Well so much for my theory then. :lol:
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
User avatar
outcast eddie
Enlightened
 
Posts: 802
Joined: June 18th, 2009, 9:45 pm

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby christy » January 13th, 2019, 6:13 pm

wixfjord wrote:Quite a few permutations for this based on who we get back.

If Toner is back, I reckon we'll start Lowe and leave Fardy out.

Don't think ROL should lose his place either.



Toner said at the launch of his legends T-shirt he is fit for next week.
christy
Bookworm
 
Posts: 236
Joined: April 30th, 2009, 3:20 pm

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby wixfjord » January 13th, 2019, 6:20 pm

christy wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Quite a few permutations for this based on who we get back.

If Toner is back, I reckon we'll start Lowe and leave Fardy out.

Don't think ROL should lose his place either.



Toner said at the launch of his legends T-shirt he is fit for next week.


Great, that's a big boost.

Sounds like Johnny won't be unfortunately.

Would expect Robbie to come into contention but probably at 23 rather than 12.
wixfjord
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4418
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby suisse » January 13th, 2019, 11:07 pm

I hope they stick with Adam Byrne. He made more meters (57) than anyone else, 2 clean breaks and 4 defenders beaten. Scored the BP try. He's lethal right now. In unbelievable form, sh!t hot as they say.
User avatar
suisse
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4850
Joined: April 2nd, 2007, 12:23 am
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby Grubber » January 14th, 2019, 3:27 am

bluemagic wrote:Are Leinster supporters buying tickets in a certain section for this game? There’s no lack of choice looking at the availability....


Might want to check the on the road part of the forum. There are a couple of threads in there about this game and seems like a few people organizing stuff, such as where they are sitting.
User avatar
Grubber
Beginner
 
Posts: 29
Joined: December 30th, 2018, 7:55 am
Location: Ontario/Dublin

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby curates_egg » January 14th, 2019, 9:23 am

backrower8 wrote:Team selected on basis that:

1. all those ruled out last week are available (except Luke & SOB)
2. Joe's 6N mindset will have a bearing

Healy
Cronin
Tadhg
Toner (needs action pre 6N, rest Ryan because we can and with 6N in Joe's mind)
Fardy
Rhys
VDF
Conan

JGP
Johnny
Jordan
Henshaw (needs gametime for 6N)
Garry
Adam (showing faith and building his confidence is of greater value than bringing back Lowe for a match we should deliver on without him...but close call)
Rob (needs gametime for 6N)

Subs:
Tracy
Jack Mc - not sure how to read this. If fit, Jack needs gametime for 6N, but Byrne was selected ahead of him on merit. How do you reverse that decision fairly in 1 week?
Molony
Leavy if fit as needs gametime pre 6N/ Deegan
HOS - nobody else available
Byrne
ROL


I really hope that, for a must-win game in Europe, we are not selecting players based on the precise minutes Joe Schmidt wants them to get and/or (for the second week in a row) not playing front line players we need.
Assuming Dev is back, I would expect him and Ryan to start - along with Lowe and LPG.
If Henshaw is to start, I hope it is because he is ready and raring to go (and not to get him up-to-speed for the 6 Nations).
I would like Leavy to play - not because he needs gametime, but because we will need him in there if Fardy is not involved.

The tealeaves on Sexton aren't good, so I guess Ross Byrne will start (if he is ok after Toulouse's repeated attempts to decapitate him).
Beyond that, the only change I would make would be Byrne for Tracy. I think he is ahead of him. Nugget had a great game on Saturday.
User avatar
curates_egg
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: November 29th, 2011, 4:50 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby mildlyinterested » January 14th, 2019, 9:37 am

hughie already registered for europe, so need to name his as a replacement.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby OTT » January 14th, 2019, 9:38 am

curates_egg wrote:
I really hope that, for a must-win game in Europe, we are not selecting players based on the precise minutes Joe Schmidt wants them to get and/or (for the second week in a row) not playing front line players we need.



Where is your source that we didn’t play frontline players that we needed last week? Who was fit that they rested for Ireland? Don’t quote Lancaster either because he did not say we were resting fit players.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
OTT
Mullet
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: February 2nd, 2012, 5:19 pm
Location: Blackrock

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby carlow man » January 14th, 2019, 10:09 am

bluemagic wrote:Are Leinster supporters buying tickets in a certain section for this game? There’s no lack of choice looking at the availability....


Not sure where the olsc have been put but I'm on the halfway line near the front and was told that there are quite a few Leinster supporters who have bought tickets in the same block.

It's s strange ground aswell. Nice and new but no real atmosphere and the pitch is small. Was there for the 50-10 game a few years ago and am looking forward to seeing the team right that result.

We found a wasps supporters private social club around the corner from the ground and they were more than happy to let away fans in. It's actually the Coventry city fans social club but the rugby lads use it on match days. Think it's a fiver to park your car there if you are driving. Bout 15 min walk from the ground.
carlow man
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 447
Joined: August 22nd, 2014, 4:25 pm

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby curates_egg » January 14th, 2019, 10:22 am

OTT wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
I really hope that, for a must-win game in Europe, we are not selecting players based on the precise minutes Joe Schmidt wants them to get and/or (for the second week in a row) not playing front line players we need.



Where is your source that we didn’t play frontline players that we needed last week? Who was fit that they rested for Ireland? Don’t quote Lancaster either because he did not say we were resting fit players.


I have no source, beyond the grapevine. It is my belief, and that of plenty of people, that at least two of our players who weren't involved on Saturday were physically capable of being involved, and would have been involved under other circumstances. Certainly, as you note, Lancaster himself indicated in the presser that the Irish set-up was also involved in decisions on our players' availability.
I totally accept that you (or others) might have a different belief, and that my belief may not be accurate. I respect your right to your beliefs :wink:
User avatar
curates_egg
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: November 29th, 2011, 4:50 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby OTT » January 14th, 2019, 10:42 am

curates_egg wrote:
OTT wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
I really hope that, for a must-win game in Europe, we are not selecting players based on the precise minutes Joe Schmidt wants them to get and/or (for the second week in a row) not playing front line players we need.



Where is your source that we didn’t play frontline players that we needed last week? Who was fit that they rested for Ireland? Don’t quote Lancaster either because he did not say we were resting fit players.


I have no source, beyond the grapevine. It is my belief, and that of plenty of people, that at least two of our players who weren't involved on Saturday were physically capable of being involved, and would have been involved under other circumstances. Certainly, as you note, Lancaster himself indicated in the presser that the Irish set-up was also involved in decisions on our players' availability.
I totally accept that you (or others) might have a different belief, and that my belief may not be accurate. I respect your right to your beliefs :wink:


Good stuff. I don't have any beliefs on it Lancaster said on Monday that certain players were 50/50 and by the end of the week he said they had not made it. That is the info I had, I thought you must have had a different source.

What two players did you think were match fit?
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
OTT
Mullet
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: February 2nd, 2012, 5:19 pm
Location: Blackrock

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Postby deco » January 14th, 2019, 10:53 am

OTT wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
I really hope that, for a must-win game in Europe, we are not selecting players based on the precise minutes Joe Schmidt wants them to get and/or (for the second week in a row) not playing front line players we need.



Where is your source that we didn’t play frontline players that we needed last week? Who was fit that they rested for Ireland? Don’t quote Lancaster either because he did not say we were resting fit players.


You'd have to be very naive not to understand that Joe Schmidt & co have a direct hand in selections with both eyes on the six nations and the world cup - including for European games.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
User avatar
deco
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Next

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CiaranIrl, Oldschoolsocks, seanobraoin00, SemrushBot [Bot] and 4 guests