Leinster's Long Term Fullback Post-RK

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Leinster's Long Term Fullback Post-RK

Post by Oldschool »

Negotiations.
The first casualty is the truth especially regarding media announcements.
In that context I wouldn't be slagging off Nucifora, RK or his Agent regarding any public "comments".
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote:That makes at least one of them look unprofessional.

But it's better that an agent says something rather than the player.

I hope he stays, he's too important and we have a new coach. A hard rebuild after the RWC is a big risk
Losing RK would be very bad for Leinster, it would really push us into a bigger dip.
We need him for the next season at the very least.
And so do Ireland.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Nucifora doesn't do contract negotiations. They're handled by the financial side of the house. Nucifora comments about never meeting McHugh was silly and he should have emphasised that the Hon Treasurer or Financial Director, or somebody else, handles the negotiations. However, be in no doubt that it is Schmidt & Nucifora who determine who is offered a National Contract and for how long.

IMO, the negotiation for RK is about the latter point and the Union may only have offered something like a one-year, pay-per-play deal. If you could do the calculation on the last National Contract for SO'B, it is possible that he was the most highly paid Irish international ever, per appearance. Reviewing RK's availability / fitness over the past two years and recognising that chronic injuries rarely improve with age, its not hard to see why current negociations are probably real hard-ball.
Get what you are saying but it's my impression that RK has been available for most (a lot of) of the big games this be they Pro14, HCC or International.
On top of that his heir apparent hasn't put his hand up yet.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Oldschool wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:Nucifora doesn't do contract negotiations. They're handled by the financial side of the house. Nucifora comments about never meeting McHugh was silly and he should have emphasised that the Hon Treasurer or Financial Director, or somebody else, handles the negotiations. However, be in no doubt that it is Schmidt & Nucifora who determine who is offered a National Contract and for how long.

IMO, the negotiation for RK is about the latter point and the Union may only have offered something like a one-year, pay-per-play deal. If you could do the calculation on the last National Contract for SO'B, it is possible that he was the most highly paid Irish international ever, per appearance. Reviewing RK's availability / fitness over the past two years and recognising that chronic injuries rarely improve with age, its not hard to see why current negociations are probably real hard-ball.
Get what you are saying but it's my impression that RK has been available for most (a lot of) of the big games this be they Pro14, HCC or International.
On top of that his heir apparent hasn't put his hand up yet.
+1. Absolutely agree.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

No way RK is getting another national contract. He's always been keen to stay in Ireland, not sure if he'll take a hefty pay cut when he could probably earn much more in the last couple of years of his career in France.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

RK may have limited his negotiation options in his interview comments on TG4. He not only wants to stay but said he expects to put on the Blue jersey again next year.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Ruckedtobits wrote:RK may have limited his negotiation options in his interview comments on TG4. He not only wants to stay but said he expects to put on the Blue jersey again next year.
Yeah- but a lot of teams play in Blue jerseys! A couple of well-known French clubs for instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

artaneboy wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:RK may have limited his negotiation options in his interview comments on TG4. He not only wants to stay but said he expects to put on the Blue jersey again next year.
Yeah- but a lot of teams play in Blue jerseys! A couple of well-known French clubs for instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe he's gonna tog out for Mary's?
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

Apparently this thread will continue for another 12 months. ......
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Yep, I wonder will we be any wiser this time next season..