Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

backrower8
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Ulster: AVIVA, Heino QF

Post by backrower8 »

carlow man wrote:Maybe just insert: based on ability shown thus far, in that last sentence?

He has started 6 matches and come on as sub in 4. He has been very poor every time. I have seen enough. Its just my opinion.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

deco wrote:Can't help yourself, can you.
Do you have a point?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

No sign of Ross Molony at training.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

backrower8 wrote:
carlow man wrote:Maybe just insert: based on ability shown thus far, in that last sentence?

He has started 6 matches and come on as sub in 4. He has been very poor every time. I have seen enough. Its just my opinion.
Completely agree. Guy just wasnt good enough for what we needed at the time, then cob emerges and it obvious that tomane is no better than him or any other of the so called back up players. Shame as I really wanted him to give us serious go forward ball at 12 but he turned up about a stone overweight and his skillset from playing in France looked to be well below the basics that even academy players at Leinster are already demonstrating.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

mildlyinterested wrote:No sign of Ross Molony at training.
Moving to Ulster?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Peg Leg wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:No sign of Ross Molony at training.
Moving to Ulster?
it was reported he was absent from edinburgh game due to an injury issue and he was absent from yesterdays training, so I doubt we will see him on the bench this weekend.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

So possible Leinster 23, given injury report yesterday:

1. Healy
2. Tracy
3. Furlong
4. Fardy
5. Ryan
6. Ruddock
7. Leavy
8. Conan
9. McGrath
10. Sexton
11. Larmour
12. ROL
13. Ringrose
14. Byrne
15. Kearney
16. Byrne
17. Byrne
18. Porter
19. Kearney
20. Deegan
21. JGP
22. Byrne
23. Kearney
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Leo yesterday
“We think about these things all the time,” Cullen laughed when asked about the three-into-two headache.

“Nick has been a little bit unlucky because he’s been out for a long period and we had Hugh and Patrick registered. Hugh has built up a huge amount of experience so far this year and he’s getting better all the time.

“Hughie leads the group well and gives really good direction. Patrick has had a little bit less in terms of where he’s at but he’s pushing hard nonetheless, has had some good cameo roles off the bench at various different stages during the year. We’re pushing ahead ok there [at scrum-half]. Those guys are making good progress.”

If that is the case, Leinster have options in the second row should Fardy miss out, and similarly on the wing if Lowe is again required to sit out.

“Scott has gone well for us this season and James [Ryan], it was good to see him calling lineouts for Ireland during the Six Nations which is good in terms of his development,” Cullen continued.

“Dev will be a big loss for us as group because of the experience that he has and his ability. But a lot of guys are going well, Ross Molony, Mick Kearney played at the weekend and that’s why we played Josh Murphy in the second row, just to give us an extra option.

We feel we’re reasonably well covered at second row but it does create another layer for our three into our two debate, which gets lots of air time. It’s always there for us, nothing changes really.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

I’d expect Cronin to make it. I can’t see Sean O’Brien being left out over Deegan, regardless of how well Deegan is playing at the moment. Also not sure about D. Kearney being picked at 23, we have tended to pick a centre there. Have a feeling Conor O’Brien could make the cut there.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Serb wrote:I’d expect Cronin to make it. I can’t see Sean O’Brien being left out over Deegan, regardless of how well Deegan is playing at the moment. Also not sure about D. Kearney being picked at 23, we have tended to pick a centre there. Have a feeling Conor O’Brien could make the cut there.
is that a good thing?

Yeah can see COB there, if theres an injury on the wing move ROL out.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Strange, I cant see Deegan being excluded regardless of how others are training.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Logorrhea wrote:Strange, I cant see Deegan being excluded regardless of how others are training.
Could have both if Molony is injured.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:Strange, I cant see Deegan being excluded regardless of how others are training.
Could have both if Molony is injured.
I would have thought that if they were considering having two back-rows on the bench (at the expense of sub 2nd row) Ruddock might have spent some time in the 2nd row against Edinburgh on Friday.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I didn't say it was likely, Kearney is the obvious choice. Although Kearney playing the full 80 last weekend might point to it being a possibility or being confident about Molony.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Ulster confirm Will Addison and Craig Gilroy are out of this weekend's Champions Cup match (back injuries) while James Hume's season is over. Louis Ludik is a major doubt and Marty Moore is going through Return To Play protocols
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

backrower8 wrote:
I agree. For a so called marquee signing - we could have done better.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Avenger wrote:Ulster confirm Will Addison and Craig Gilroy are out of this weekend's Champions Cup match (back injuries) while James Hume's season is over. Louis Ludik is a major doubt and Marty Moore is going through Return To Play protocols
Henderson?
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

johng wrote:
Avenger wrote:Ulster confirm Will Addison and Craig Gilroy are out of this weekend's Champions Cup match (back injuries) while James Hume's season is over. Louis Ludik is a major doubt and Marty Moore is going through Return To Play protocols
Henderson?
Saw something in the42.ie that said he was “day to day”.
I’d be shocked if he doesn’t play.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Leinster Lout
Graduate

Post by Leinster Lout »

mildlyinterested wrote:So possible Leinster 23, given injury report yesterday:

1. Healy
2. Tracy
3. Furlong
4. Fardy
5. Ryan
6. Ruddock
7. Leavy
8. Conan
9. McGrath
10. Sexton
11. Larmour
12. ROL
13. Ringrose
14. Byrne
15. Kearney
16. Byrne
17. Byrne
18. Porter
19. Kearney
20. Deegan
21. JGP
22. Byrne
23. Kearney
Is there an injury doubt over Lowe? If Lowe isn't playing, I think JGP more than deserves a start over Luke based on his recent form. While Luke performed well last week for someone out for so long, he did show some v rusty moments.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

mildlyinterested wrote:So possible Leinster 23, given injury report yesterday:

1. Healy
2. Tracy
3. Furlong
4. Fardy
5. Ryan
6. Ruddock
7. Leavy
8. Conan
9. McGrath
10. Sexton
11. Larmour
12. ROL
13. Ringrose
14. Byrne
15. Kearney
16. Byrne
17. Byrne
18. Porter
19. Kearney
20. Deegan
21. JGP
22. Byrne
23. Kearney
I'd be starting JGP without a second thought. I think he's been one of our best and most consistent players this season.