Injuries

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Injuries

Post by riocard911 »

backrower8 wrote:I think we should stop trying to diagnose and project what did, is currently and might yet happen to Dan's injury. It's already too depressing a topic and hungry as we all are to assess and believe in his future, we are most likely to get it wrong and add more hyperbole to what is a tragic personal situation.

At the very least he misses a year of rugby, a double defence of two trophies and most of all a RWC when arguably close to the peak of his powers. At worst his life as a player is now over. That is leaving aside whatever physical and mental issues this whole episode brings in the short and long term.

Let's do our bit to dampen the rumour mill and just wish him and his care team well.
Hear! Hear!!!
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

backrower8 wrote:I think we should stop trying to diagnose and project what did, is currently and might yet happen to Dan's injury. It's already too depressing a topic and hungry as we all are to assess and believe in his future, we are most likely to get it wrong and add more hyperbole to what is a tragic personal situation.

At the very least he misses a year of rugby, a double defence of two trophies and most of all a RWC when arguably close to the peak of his powers. At worst his life as a player is now over. That is leaving aside whatever physical and mental issues this whole episode brings in the short and long term.

Let's do our bit to dampen the rumour mill and just wish him and his care team well.
Thats your take on it but you can't stop people discussing it so why write it? People are entitled to write what they are thinking, it's the whole point of a forum. If you don't agree or don't like what's bring written then don't carry on reading. There will always be rumours until or if a press release comes out detailing what's happened and how the road to recovery looks. There might never be a piece telling the supporters that so people will always second guess what's happening.
bertlim
Beginner

Post by bertlim »

+1
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Well said
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Grand, it's not fair to discuss players personal lives but I'm not sure how you can have make a statement as your first paragraph does and follow it with your own "very least.... at worst" armchair prognosis.

[Edited to remove a childish dig]

Anyway, best of luck with the recovery Dan!

"It was Mrs. O'Leary's cow"
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

errlloyd wrote:The player in question actually left Ulster post match.
What does this mean? :?
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

nc6000 wrote:
I assume it relates to Wiehahn Herbst
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Xanthippe wrote:
nc6000 wrote:
I assume it relates to Wiehahn Herbst
Mr Herbst was informed he was not part of plans for 19/20 so was allowed to go back to South Africa and take up a Super Rugby contract with the Bulls.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

nc6000 wrote:
He was released from his contract post match.

He absolutely destroyed Leavys knee with that clearout.
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

mildlyinterested wrote:
nc6000 wrote:
He was released from his contract post match.

He absolutely destroyed Leavys knee with that clearout.
Don't think it's related to the freak injury. It was one of Ulster's worst kept secrets that he was being let go.

Are you implying he was injured on purpose?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
allezlesverres
Bookworm

Post by allezlesverres »

Just a quick note to say Dan is in all our thoughts irrespective of province. One of my favourite Leinster players. Awful stuff.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Jackie Brown wrote:

No?

I'm saying Herbst's clearout was the cause of the injury.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:

No?

But what has him being released from his contract got to do with the injury? Where's the correlation?!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

wixfjord wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:

No?

But what has him being released from his contract got to do with the injury? Where's the correlation?!
Did I say there was a correlation?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote: Did I say there was a correlation?
The poster above said 'The player in question actually left Ulster post match.'

I'm wondering why that's relevant to the injury.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

you made your point, let it go.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

wixfjord wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote: Did I say there was a correlation?
The poster above said 'The player in question actually left Ulster post match.'

I'm wondering why that's relevant to the injury.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I read it similarly....impliction was there might have been a connection....
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Murray KinsellaVerified account @Murray_Kinsella
Leinster confirm Robbie Henshaw and Devin Toner are back available for selection against Glasgow.
Johnny Sexton will increase his training load and continue to be assessed for his quad injury.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Any news on Mick Kearney's condition. His shoulder didn't look good and he was sucking oxygen, looked like a season ender.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us