Injuries

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Re: Injuries

Postby neiliog93 » February 9th, 2019, 1:36 pm

Oldschool wrote:
Barry wrote:day going from bad to worse :- "O’Brien a doubt for Scotland game as Toner ruled out for two months"

Not really a surprise tbh.
I presume Ruddock will be on the bench if SOB doesn't make it.

Jordi Murphy more likely IMO.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
neiliog93
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby Oldschool » February 9th, 2019, 2:15 pm

neiliog93 wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
Barry wrote:day going from bad to worse :- "O’Brien a doubt for Scotland game as Toner ruled out for two months"

Not really a surprise tbh.
I presume Ruddock will be on the bench if SOB doesn't make it.

Jordi Murphy more likely IMO.

Better again.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Shane Horgan

Postby LeinsterLeader » February 9th, 2019, 2:30 pm

I heard RR was the extra forward with the squad so I presume he'll bench.

Which brings up an interesting question. I wonder does Jordi Murphy feel his move was worthwhile for him from an International point-of-view. He seems to be further from a match day squad then ever
LeinsterLeader
Mullet

Postby leinster23 » February 9th, 2019, 9:25 pm

LeinsterLeader wrote:I heard RR was the extra forward with the squad so I presume he'll bench.

Which brings up an interesting question. I wonder does Jordi Murphy feel his move was worthwhile for him from an International point-of-view. He seems to be further from a match day squad then ever

He was on the bench against the All Blacks, wasn't he? Although to be fair that only happened because Leavy pulled out with an injury. I'd always have him in contention for the 20 shirt because of his ability to cover all three positions.
leinster23
Beginner

Postby LeinsterLeader » February 9th, 2019, 10:19 pm

leinster23 wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:I heard RR was the extra forward with the squad so I presume he'll bench.

He was on the bench against the All Blacks, wasn't he? Although to be fair that only happened because Leavy pulled out with an injury. I'd always have him in contention for the 20 shirt because of his ability to cover all three positions.

Yep. i'd have him on the bench even when everyone was fit as he offers so much across the entire backrow. However we had two major backrow injuries and he didn't make it and if even if SOB hadn't started it looks like he still wouldn't have got in to today's 23. On the face of it he looks to be well down the queue.
LeinsterLeader
Mullet

Postby leinster23 » February 10th, 2019, 3:39 am

LeinsterLeader wrote:
leinster23 wrote:

Yep. i'd have him on the bench even when everyone was fit as he offers so much across the entire backrow. However we had two major backrow injuries and he didn't make it and if even if SOB hadn't started it looks like he still wouldn't have got in to today's 23. On the face of it he looks to be well down the queue.

I suppose when SOB is fit he offers the same versatility, so maybe Joe doesn't think he needs him? But he really seems well down the queue at the moment. Joe always seemed like a fan earlier on as well but barring significant injuries he seems fairly far away from the plane to Japan. It's interesting and does question the general wisdom regarding players moving for game time.
leinster23
Beginner

Previous

Return to Leinster Addicts