Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby wixfjord » February 10th, 2019, 6:50 pm

Back to the grind.

Depending on who we get back from Ireland, might see something like:

McGrath, Tracy, Bent, Molony, Fardy, Doris, Leavy, Deegan, JGP, Byrne, Daly, COB, ROL, Byrne, DK
Dooley, Byrne, Vakh, Kearney, Penny, HOS, Reid, JOB

I'm assuming we won't get the likes of Cronin back.

Rhys might be one that could need some game time though.
wixfjord
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4796
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby leinsterforever » February 11th, 2019, 2:06 am

Think I'd prefer Daly or Frawley at fullback, with DK on the wing. DK has been excellent on the wing lately.
leinsterforever
Mullet
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: March 18th, 2015, 2:20 am

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby ronk » February 11th, 2019, 2:27 am

Would we try Lowe at fullback?
User avatar
ronk
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby Laighin Break » February 11th, 2019, 10:24 am

ronk wrote:Would we try Lowe at fullback?


3 into 2 conundrum. We need to have JGP in the team, and hard to argue against Fardy when we're missing Toner and Ryan.
User avatar
Laighin Break
Enlightened
 
Posts: 924
Joined: May 3rd, 2012, 9:35 am
Location: Scandinavia

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby Ruckedtobits » February 11th, 2019, 11:56 am

We don't need these points so total focus should be on the shape of the team we want for Ulster game. The 3 into 2 question being central. Where is Luke McGrath in his recovery? Does Jack McGrath need a serious run? What is the range of left-wing options? Is Sexton likely to be fit after games against France and Wales? What's Dev's recovery period? Is SO'B dedicated to Leinster or just Ireland and RWC?
Ruckedtobits
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4147
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby cormac » February 11th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Fergus McFadden is back in full training. Sounds like Leavy and Tomane aren't at that stage yet.

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/squad-upda ... -of-zebre/
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5390
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby mildlyinterested » February 11th, 2019, 3:24 pm

Possible Leinster side this weekend?

1. Jack McGrath
2. James Tracy
3. Michael Bent
4. Ross Molony
5. Scott Fardy
6. Rhys Ruddock
7. Scott Penny
8. Max Deegan
9. Jamison Gibson Park
10. Ross Byrne
11. Barry Daly
12. Conor O'Brien
13. Rory O'Loughlin
14. Adam Byrne
15. Dave Kearney
mildlyinterested
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3913
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby cormac » February 11th, 2019, 3:34 pm

With the game being in Italy I guess we're unlikely to get any of the subs from the Scotland game back for this match.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5390
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby Jonny tight lips » February 11th, 2019, 4:00 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:Possible Leinster side this weekend?

1. Jack McGrath
2. James Tracy
3. Michael Bent
4. Ross Molony
5. Scott Fardy
6. Rhys Ruddock
7. Scott Penny
8. Max Deegan
9. Jamison Gibson Park
10. Ross Byrne
11. Barry Daly
12. Conor O'Brien
13. Rory O'Loughlin
14. Adam Byrne
15. Dave Kearney


Might be worth giving O Sullivan another start with JGP on the bench as backup, can see them giving Doris the start at 8 but I prefer Deegan myself.
Jonny tight lips
Bookworm
 
Posts: 218
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby mildlyinterested » February 11th, 2019, 4:02 pm

Jonny tight lips wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:Possible Leinster side this weekend?

1. Jack McGrath
2. James Tracy
3. Michael Bent
4. Ross Molony
5. Scott Fardy
6. Rhys Ruddock
7. Scott Penny
8. Max Deegan
9. Jamison Gibson Park
10. Ross Byrne
11. Barry Daly
12. Conor O'Brien
13. Rory O'Loughlin
14. Adam Byrne
15. Dave Kearney


Might be worth giving O Sullivan another start with JGP on the bench as backup, can see them giving Doris the start at 8 but I prefer Deegan myself.


Maybe.
mildlyinterested
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3913
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby cormac » February 11th, 2019, 4:04 pm

Porter was training with Leinster today.

https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/1902137/
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5390
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby Ruckedtobits » February 11th, 2019, 4:32 pm

No sign of James Lowe anywhere in those training pics.
Ruckedtobits
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4147
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby mildlyinterested » February 11th, 2019, 4:41 pm

Ruckedtobits wrote:No sign of James Lowe anywhere in those training pics.


He is in Dublin anyway.

Josh Murphy pictured back training.
mildlyinterested
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3913
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby Dave Cahill » February 11th, 2019, 4:56 pm

Ruckedtobits wrote:No sign of James Lowe anywhere in those training pics.


Hes in this one...

Image
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 21858
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby cormac » February 11th, 2019, 4:59 pm

Ruddock and Jack McGrath at Leinster training today too.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5390
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby LeinsterLeader » February 11th, 2019, 6:00 pm

Has anybody seen Leavy?

I'm beginning to think Leinster have killed him and are just playing for time.

You're gonna have to produce a body some time Leinster. We can wait!
User avatar
LeinsterLeader
Mullet
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: May 23rd, 2010, 8:51 pm

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby Jonny tight lips » February 11th, 2019, 6:33 pm

LeinsterLeader wrote:Has anybody seen Leavy?

I'm beginning to think Leinster have killed him and are just playing for time.

You're gonna have to produce a body some time Leinster. We can wait!


Weekend at Leavys
Jonny tight lips
Bookworm
 
Posts: 218
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby the spoofer » February 11th, 2019, 7:20 pm

cormac wrote:Ruddock and Jack McGrath at Leinster training today too.


Jack wasn’t in training gear.
User avatar
the spoofer
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2511
Joined: February 17th, 2006, 6:35 pm
Location: Leinster West

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby LeinsterLeader » February 11th, 2019, 7:35 pm

Jonny tight lips wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:Has anybody seen Leavy?

I'm beginning to think Leinster have killed him and are just playing for time.

You're gonna have to produce a body some time Leinster. We can wait!


Weekend at Leavys

Ah yes. Hilarious schananegins at next weeks training session involving pulleys and ropes :lol:
User avatar
LeinsterLeader
Mullet
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: May 23rd, 2010, 8:51 pm

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Postby Jonny tight lips » February 11th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Ronan Kelleher please
Jonny tight lips
Bookworm
 
Posts: 218
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Next

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot [Bot] and 4 guests