Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Post by Flash Gordon »

Totally uncompetitive at the breakdown. They are simply playing through the phases without challenge. We are awful.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

wixfjord wrote:
bails wrote:

Your always right aen’t You

All I’m saying is we are awful, don’t care where we are in the league
*You're*

:wink:

:lol:
If this is your idea of an acceptable performance, it confirms how little you know about the game
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

bails wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
bails wrote:

Your always right aen’t You

All I’m saying is we are awful, don’t care where we are in the league
*You're*

:wink:

:lol:
If this is your idea of an acceptable performance, it confirms how little you know about the game
We're absolutely woejus. I didn't say otherwise!

You said...
This group of players aren’t as good as many believe,
which is nonsense.

If I was being uncharitable I'd say that confirms 'confirms how little you know about the game'!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

MICK KEARNEY WITH THE BEAUTIFUL HANDS!!

Lovely try. COB deserves that. Bar the pass he has been great.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Can someone post the score?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

33-24 with 4 mins left.
nopeare
Graduate

Post by nopeare »

Leinster 33-24 zebra
2minutes left
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

wixfjord wrote:33-24 with 4 mins left.
Thanks.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

You cannot deny we have been awful this afternoon.
That follows a game against Scarlets , where we were very poor, which follows these games last year where we didn’t win a game during the 6 Nations

My point is that this group of players are not as good as many believe
We are always hearing about our strength in depth
I don’t believe we have the depth that others believe

Last word, we were awful today
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

A book end performance - we won the first 20 mins an the last 5 mins....in between its best we forget!

Kudos to Bradley though - they played well.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

domhnallj wrote:Can someone post the score?
Ended 24 - 40
Serb
Mullet

Zebre v Leinster Sat 2.30 Eir

Post by Serb »

The real losers from a Leinster perspective today are the tight 5 that took the pitch at the beginning of the game. It was embarrassing to get bossed around like that by literally the worst team in the league.

Fardy played his part and was a constant nuisance at the breakdown including a couple of turnovers, but things like the scrum penalty on our own ball that ultimately led to their third try was woeful.

We also seriously lack ball winning forwards. That’s a more general problem for us as even with our first choice pack, only Leavy is a consistent threat at the breakdown. I’m unsure how we can fix that, but often leaves us requiring a mistake by the opposition to regain possession rather than a smart jackal from a back row.

There were some positives in there. I thought Deegan carried well, seemed comfortable enough at 7 which is good news for us; might ease the competition for game time with Doris. Conor O’Brien was seriously destructive in the first 30 mins or so ball in hand, and was hugely physical throughout. Ross Byrne was decent, great to see him beating some defenders and getting what I think is his first try ever for Leinster? Almost had a second too, inches short of the line.
Last edited by Serb on February 16th, 2019, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Yay! Bonus point win and two tries for "logjammed" Deegan!!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

We were really cr@p for a while, but at the end of the day we've taken 5 points away from home and increased our lead at the top of the table to a ridiculous 22 points
I have Bumbleflex
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

bails wrote:You cannot deny we have been awful this afternoon.
That follows a game against Scarlets , where we were very poor, which follows these games last year where we didn’t win a game during the 6 Nations

My point is that this group of players are not as good as many believe
We are always hearing about our strength in depth
I don’t believe we have the depth that others believe

Last word, we were awful today
It's hard to motivate yourself for an away game against Zebre anyway, let alone when you know you are basically already guaranteed top spot and it's 6 nations season. You can't play well all the time and btw our strength in depth is the envy of most of Europe.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Serb wrote:
There were some positives in there. I thought Deegan carried well, seemed comfortable enough at 7 which is good news for us;

I thought he was really poor as a seven. Good player, big prospect, but our backrow was completely unbalanced by not having a proper openside out there.
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

bails wrote:Really dreadful after the first 25 minutes.
This on the back of a pretty awful showing against Scarlets last time out

This group of players aren’t as good as many believe, a few harsh truths need to be told at half time
Absolutely agree with you, we can't afford to lose anymore of our players to other provinces.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Serb wrote:The real losers from a Leinster perspective today are the tight 5 that took the pitch at the beginning of the game. It was embarrassing to get bossed around like that by literally the worst team in the league.

Fardy played his part and was a constant nuisance at the breakdown including a couple of turnovers, but things like the scrum penalty on our own ball that ultimately led to their third try was woeful.

We also seriously lack ball winning forwards. That’s a more general problem for us as even with our first choice pack, only Leavy is a consistent threat at the breakdown. I’m unsure how we can fix that, but often leaves us requiring a mistake by the opposition to regain possession rather than a smart jackal from a back row.

There were some positives in there. I thought Deegan carried well, seemed comfortable enough at 7 which is good news for us; might ease the competition for game time with Doris. Conor O’Brien was seriously destructive in the first 30 mins or so ball in hand, and was hugely physical throughout. Ross Byrne was decent, great to see him beating some defenders and getting what I think is his first try ever for Leinster? Almost had a second too, inches short of the line.
My impression at the scrum was that their LH was already twisting in on Porter before the ball even went into the scrum.
So even the engage was illegal but I'd prefer if the scrum experts gave their views.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Agree on scrums - ref was poor at scrum time - actually poor enough all round ( for both teams) - looked like any of the important calls were coming thru Mitrea as AR
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

carlow man wrote:Only good thing about this is some of the women in the crowd are worth tuning in to have a look at
You’re not wrong. At one point they zoomed in on their equivalent of the Saint John’s Ambulance. No comparison to ours.