Leinster v Southern Kings Fri 7.55 Eir

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster v Southern Kings Fri 7.55 Eir

Post by Ruckedtobits »

I watched Lein v Kings on Friday and. an AIL game yesterday before Wales v Eng. The skills and execution (but not the intensity and hits) in the Div 1 AIL game were higher standard and lower mistakes than the dross on Friday night.

AIL standards, despite the absence of Pro players, have improved markedly and the overall skill level is entertaining. The Pro14 games with Kings, Dragons and Zebre are only error fests with neither skills nor guile.

Get rid of teams that poor and the league has the chance of thriving. Keep them and the League loses credibility every week.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

blockhead wrote:82 tries for Leinster now. Just 1 short of our total for last season in Conf B. Some goin.
And another 27 tries in Europe.

Between 7 and 10 more games in the season to score more too.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Ruckedtobits wrote:I watched Lein v Kings on Friday and. an AIL game yesterday before Wales v Eng. The skills and execution (but not the intensity and hits) in the Div 1 AIL game were higher standard and lower mistakes than the dross on Friday night.

AIL standards, despite the absence of Pro players, have improved markedly and the overall skill level is entertaining. The Pro14 games with Kings, Dragons and Zebre are only error fests with neither skills nor guile.

Get rid of teams that poor and the league has the chance of thriving. Keep them and the League loses credibility every week.
I don’t think it would be viable to have only one team from a country so You can’t get Rid of kings without loosing Cheetahs who made the playoffs last year and are still in it this year, also if you got rid of Zebre you would loose Benetton who are going very well this year. in fairness to dragons they have kicked on since asking the woefully incompetent Jackman, he can’t even temper the names of players he’s talking about in punditry. It’s not like it’s one slip it’s all the time.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

any indication where Lancaster was on friday night?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

At an interview in the premiership?
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:I watched Lein v Kings on Friday and. an AIL game yesterday before Wales v Eng. The skills and execution (but not the intensity and hits) in the Div 1 AIL game were higher standard and lower mistakes than the dross on Friday night.

I don’t think it would be viable to have only one team from a country so You can’t get Rid of kings without loosing Cheetahs who made the playoffs last year and are still in it this year, also if you got rid of Zebre you would loose Benetton who are going very well this year. in fairness to dragons they have kicked on since asking the woefully incompetent Jackman, he can’t even temper the names of players he’s talking about in punditry. It’s not like it’s one slip it’s all the time.
The Dragons have kicked on? They were just humiliated in Treviso yesterday...
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Their performances are better and they got a nice win against Ospreys and ran Munster Close. Also Benetton are second in our conference ahead of Ulster, Scarlets and Embra. I’m not saying they are world beaters but they seem to be on the up.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

It's good for Leinster to have games where they can put out the young guys coming through and give them experience. And the unions need the money that comes with South African involvement. It is what it is. Hopefully the Kings can improve in the coming seasons.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

If we want them to comit we need to try integrate them into the European competitions. Unfortunately it would be a hard sell to the English and the French who might not fancy a 2 day trip to south Africa for games.
MadiganSquareGarden
Learner

Post by MadiganSquareGarden »

mildlyinterested wrote:any indication where Lancaster was on friday night?
I saw him at the RDS.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

MadiganSquareGarden wrote:
I saw him at the RDS.
He was shown on the telly in the coaching box alright
I have Bumbleflex
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

MadiganSquareGarden wrote:
I saw him at the RDS.
ah good. never mind so. :P
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

In his usual spot beside the posts at the South Stand end of the ground during the warm ups.

Didnt see him after that