Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

VGE
Graduate

Re: Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15

Post by VGE »

Barry wrote:
VGE wrote:Tekori cited but can play next week end.

Beheregaray injuried and out at least for 4 weeks.

Au revoir
Tekori might be out yet

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 23154.html

Tekori finally will have his hearing this evening.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Tekori will not be banned. Nothing that you could have seen last sunday has never existed.

French rugby has only have 4 deads this year.

Au revoir
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

https://www.lnr.fr/sites/default/files/ ... 2019_1.pdf

Tekori is okay for sunday according to the decision (my french isn't great...but they deemed that it didn't warrant a red card..google translated version of the decision below...
Mr. Iosefa TEKORI made the best efforts to perform a regular tackle by stooping
and using his arms,
• his opponent in the position to score a try went down at the same time,
This is a mitigating factor in terms of the red card test criteria.
The player is therefore qualified to participate in the semi-final of the Champions Cup.
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Shameful decision.

Au revoir.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

wixfjord wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote: many leinster fans aren't going, much the same as last season.
Last season when there was 48k in the Aviva for the semi?
wixfjord wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote: yep, it's understandable given the day/time.
But my point was the stadium was nearly full for the semi last season!

So if many Leinster fans aren't going on Sunday, then that will be different to Scarlets last year.
There are currently less than 5,000 tickets available on Ticketmaster - unless they 'hid' some to make it look like there's more demand
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Xanthippe wrote:So if many Leinster fans aren't going on Sunday, then that will be different to Scarlets last year.
There are currently less than 5,000 tickets available on Ticketmaster - unless they 'hid' some to make it look like there's more demand[/quote]

I was on there earlier...selected the 1 ticket filter for the full price range and it only came back with 276 available tickets. Where/How did you determine the 5k? Not a biggy...am just surprised it is not a sellout.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:https://www.lnr.fr/sites/default/files/ ... 2019_1.pdf

Tekori is okay for sunday according to the decision (my french isn't great...but they deemed that it didn't warrant a red card..google translated version of the decision below...
and using his arms,
The player is therefore qualified to participate in the semi-final of the Champions Cup.
That's a disgrace.

I know Holmes was given a red at the time and served a week before his hearing took place, but the difference between the two decisions is a joke.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:

and using his arms,
That's a disgrace.

I know Holmes was given a red at the time and served a week before his hearing took place, but the difference between the two decisions is a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STOIQPgMGgo about 2:40 into the highlights is the Tekori tackle. I have seen Owen farrell get away with much worse...not even a yellow.
Regardless of the decision....he is in on sunday now.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

I don't think it deserves a ban tbh
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

Post by leinsterfan100 »

Xanthippe wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote: many leinster fans aren't going, much the same as last season.
Last season when there was 48k in the Aviva for the semi?
wixfjord wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote: yep, it's understandable given the day/time.
But my point was the stadium was nearly full for the semi last season!

So if many Leinster fans aren't going on Sunday, then that will be different to Scarlets last year.
There are currently less than 5,000 tickets available on Ticketmaster - unless they 'hid' some to make it look like there's more demand
They've clearly hid all remaining available tickets for one half of the stadium, and left the remaining ones available on the other half of the stadium which happens to be the side that all TV cameras face at.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

mildlyinterested wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:For me, Lowe has to play. Given Toner, Ryan and Ruddock will be there from the start, the question is really about Fardy Vs Gibson Park on the bench. I have more faith in the young second row options personally, so I'd leave Fardy out this time. That may sound like heresy to some though.
Unless Molony is suddenly over his back issues and cleared fit, there are no young second row options registered.
As I understand it, we can register someone this week. Or we could have anyway. We should have regardless. It's mad not to have a 4th choice lock registered. What if there was an injury to one of the three on the weekend? Why not deregister Mick Kearney one way or another?
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

It's prediction time.
Leinster to win by 10+ points.
OR
Toulouse to Breaklouse.
What say you?
What say the bookies?
How many points is Sexton worth to the overall result.

What say the bookies?
It's 10+ pour moi, 10- if Sexton doesn't play.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

CiaranIrl wrote: As I understand it, we can register someone this week.
You can add two players plus a front row player before the quarter finals. Thats the last time you can add to your squad
I have Bumbleflex
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:

and using his arms,
That's a disgrace.

Red and a substantial ban all day long for me, awful decision, this type of cheap shot has to be treated severely - it was an atrocious 'tackle'......anyway no point crying over spilt milk - let James Ryan loose on him....
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

wixfjord wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
wixfjord wrote:There is no way I can see us leaving out Fardy (meaning no second row cover on the bench most likely, unless Molony is fit) or JGP (meaning HOS on the bench).

Lowe would be great to have and would start, but we have 3-4 guys who can play on the wing instead of him.
We need the other two.

Now JGP being unfit would change things.
I was just thinking that I wouldn't be shocked if DK got the start regardless of JGP's fitness. Dave has played well recently and obviously played in the QF (and came up with a huge moment with the Stockdale dropped ball) and then last week's back three selection had the look of us trying to prepare for this week. I'm not 100% certain that that would change if JGP was injured.
Maybe so, but if JGP is out, then I just don't see us wanting to leave out the attacking threat of Lowe, for all of DK's form. He just offers so much going forward. It's a moot point though until we find out if that knee brace rumour was true!
Agree - if JCB ain't fit JLO starts and we start praying to Fatima that Luuukeeeeee plays for 80 !!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

leinsterfan100 wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:
They've clearly hid all remaining available tickets for one half of the stadium, and left the remaining ones available on the other half of the stadium which happens to be the side that all TV cameras face at.

That’s exactly what it looks like - the pattern of sales is very suspect
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:So if many Leinster fans aren't going on Sunday, then that will be different to Scarlets last year.
I was on there earlier...selected the 1 ticket filter for the full price range and it only came back with 276 available tickets. Where/How did you determine the 5k? Not a biggy...am just surprised it is not a sellout.[/quote]

I didn’t apply any filters I asked for any area at any price
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Indo saying JGP out Lowe in.

Meanwhile, James Lowe is in line to start for Leinster in their semi-final against Toulouse on Sunday (3.15).

An injury to Jamison Gibson-Park has opened the door for the brilliant Kiwi winger to return to the side along with Johnny Sexton.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 30574.html
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Jaysus, needing HOS to bench in a Euro SF isn't a great spot to be in.

Albeit that's a serious starting backline now, probably our best. Lowe gives us something that not many others do.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

and using his arms,
That's a shocker, was a red card all day long. At least in the Pro 14, Mr Whitehouse's awful call to only give Benvenuti a yellow was shown to be wrong. He got 2 week ban, deemed a red.