Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

suisse
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15

Post by suisse »

Bystander wrote:Long time reader. Watch alot of rugby.

There's alot of arrogance on this thread, I had to pop in. I'm a leinster fan.

Talk of forwards tiring and "run them ragged" .... "They're going to be blowing".."ntmack barely shaving".Christ... You're all listening to Dowie too much.

This Toulouse team is playing arguably the best rugby in European club history. Maybe Giteau and wilkinson and Felipe and bod had things running at a par at their peak. I can cite many examples but no team would have loved with Clermont last week with this on the horizon. They are in PHENOMENAL shape. Tekori should be banned but he's playing the best rugby of his life and he was never amazing. He is this season. These players have it all for this weekend. Belief, the bodies, the form and the talent.

This is a 5050 only because it's in the Aviva. Leinster combos out of sync and McGrath not on form. The legend Johnny has very little time recently and I can see larmour being skinned alive on his wing unfortunately.

This will be one of leinsters best ever wins given the circumstances...if they win. But for god's sake stop the sh*the talk if you haven't been watching Toulouse.
There's a lot of arrogance? So what? (And it's probably not even true). The people here are not speaking for Leo, Stu or the playing staff. They're entitled to type their own observations. Was it really worth setting up an account just to get that off your chest?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Arrogance, it's a sliver of hope to stave off the worst of the panic. Toulouse are really really good and will beat us easily the way we've (& they have) been playing.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Lovely day in Dublin. Hopefully our lads aren't undercooked and can turn up the heat later to boil these Frenchies alive!

Allez les bleus!
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Talk of forwards tiring and "run them ragged" .... "They're going to be blowing".."ntmack barely shaving".Christ... You're all listening to Dowie too much.

This Toulouse team is playing arguably the best rugby in European club history. Maybe Giteau and wilkinson and Felipe and bod had things running at a par at their peak. I can cite many examples but no team would have loved with Clermont last week with this on the horizon. They are in PHENOMENAL shape. Tekori should be banned but he's playing the best rugby of his life and he was never amazing. He is this season. These players have it all for this weekend. Belief, the bodies, the form and the talent.

This is a 5050 only because it's in the Aviva. Leinster combos out of sync and McGrath not on form. The legend Johnny has very little time recently and I can see larmour being skinned alive on his wing unfortunately.

This will be one of leinsters best ever wins given the circumstances...if they win. But for god's sake stop the sh*the talk if you haven't been watching Toulouse.
Welcome Bystander. It’s always good to get a variety of opinions on the forum. All fan forums are prone to “group think”. So don’t be scared off from posting by any snarky responses.

But I don’t think there is any arrogance in most of the posts on this match. We have played them twice and have a good idea what worked and what didn’t in those games. I think it’s fair to say our fitness and set piece is an advantage- and their broken field running and offloading is theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
ustix
Bookworm

Post by ustix »

Best of luck to Leinster today.
ROG has Toulouse down as content at having reached an away semi-final. I think Leinster need to go at winning this outright in the first 30 mins.
That which does not bend breaks
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

ustix wrote:Best of luck to Leinster today.
ROG has Toulouse down as content at having reached an away semi-final. I think Leinster need to go at winning this outright in the first 30 mins.
Thanks ustix - Hope ROG is right !! Would love a crack at Sarries, they looked pretty impressive yesterday and a serious challenge.

Toulouse pose a huge challenge though so we will worry about Billy & Co if and when we get there !!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

artaneboy wrote:

Welcome Bystander. It’s always good to get a variety of opinions on the forum. All fan forums are prone to “group think”. So don’t be scared off from posting by any snarky responses.

But I don’t think there is any arrogance in most of the posts on this match. We have played them twice and have a good idea what worked and what didn’t in those games. I think it’s fair to say our fitness and set piece is an advantage- and their broken field running and offloading is theirs.

Welcome indeed but perhaps the snarky responses might have been tempered if the first post didn't involve suggesting that many of us are arrogant !! We're reigning Euro Champions, Double last season, have walked through the PRO 14 in neutral for the most part this season and have a home semi final where we are favourites with the bookies - all facts. Yes we are showing some cracks and there are issues. We are a fitter team than Toulouse, the TOP 14 is pedestrian as times and Toulouse will be pushed to the limit today. Yes if 3 or 4 of our marque players have a mare today and Toulouse get a couple of cracking tries we can and will be beaten but if we play well today we will win and will have deserved it. Arrogance it's not, we are proven performers.

Here is to a great game, it could be a classic and let's hope we click. It's hard to see either side running away with it so ready for a very tense 80 minutes in a sunny Aviva. Allez les blues.
ustix
Bookworm

Post by ustix »

First ruck, first tackle, first scrum, first kick.
Sarries irrelevant today..
That which does not bend breaks
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

ustix wrote:First ruck, first tackle, first scrum, first kick.
Sarries irrelevant today..
I like it Ustix! More of this please.
Where's Savignon Blank when you need him? Fight them on the beaches etc.

"It was Mrs. O'Leary's cow"
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Ruddock out sick. Fardy starts. Doris on the bench.
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

Very professional performance looking forward to final in Newcastle
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

matt wrote:Very professional performance looking forward to final in Newcastle
Sarries not the only ones heading for the final with momentum. Delighted we kept the all singing, all dancing Toulouse offense tryless!!!!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Wow that was much more comfortable than I expected (although I was still nervous til the last few minutes).

Without the benefit of watching it again or seeing any analysis; Lowe is just so dangerous, I hate the thought of him maybe missing the final. Sexton looked like his old self. I thought Furlong, Fardy,
Ryan and Toner were all great. There’s a air of calm to everything they do. Conan is having his best ever season, imo

I honestly haven’t a bad word to say about any of our players. Another final - these are great days we’re living through!

Something that bothers me about Henshaw’s yellow; I think he would have gathered the ball cleanly if he hadnt been hit by the Toulouse tighthead. I’m not saying it should’ve been a Leinster penalty or anything, but a yellow for Henshaw seems really harsh to me. As far as I can tell I’m in a minority of one, but I thought the ball was there to be contested.

FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Twist wrote:Something that bothers me about Henshaw’s yellow; I think he would have gathered the ball cleanly if he hadnt been hit by the Toulouse tighthead. I’m not saying it should’ve been a Leinster penalty or anything, but a yellow for Henshaw seems really harsh to me. As far as I can tell I’m in a minority of one, but I thought the ball was there to be contested.

I actually agree with you. But I don't think Barnes would have been able to see the tackle in real time.
Anyone But New Zealand
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Not seen the games but I think the top two sides have made it to the final.

Good luck and hope you stuff Sarries.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

ringrose really saved our asses with his try stopping feats. henshaw as well. cannot believe we held them tryless. I was still nervous when we were about 15 points up and 15 mins to go,
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

1-23 superb today - especially backline -Lowe makes a huge difference , but having Henshaw on his inside also frees Ringrose to play his best rugby - deserved win today - and especially kudos for keeping a free scoring side like Toulouse tryless
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

In the US so was watching on the laptop and very breaky reception but thought our line speed and aggression was back up there with last season. I will hold hand up and say I was thinking the best of SOB was behind us but today I thought he was back to his near best. Conan for me is now miles ahead of stander, he again was brilliant today. Whole pack stood up
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

I thought the selection of Bent over Porter on the bench was strange. However, when Bent came on he was like a man possessed. He had some great carries.

Cronin on crutches at the end is worrying.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Incredibly professional performance. Honestly thought we were comfortably better (my wife and father in law were giving out to me for saying that was the game after Fardy's try). Great performances all over the pitch but I thought Conan was excellent.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.