Saracens Fans Forum

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Saracens Fans Forum

Post by footrush »

Visiting another teams forum is always an interesting and informative experience, it is useful to see things from a totally different perspective : Alain Rolland selected Garces to ref the final rather than Nigel because he is displaying French bias, the expense , inconvenience and difficulty in having to travel up a motorway for a semi final and Final , the sea of red in Coventry at the semi final was partly caused by Saracens supporters wearing their red alternative strip etc. Always interesting to see ourselves as others see us ......
Flying wedge
harblstuff
Bookworm

Re: Saracens Fans Forum

Post by harblstuff »

The usual shite of "Why do they play in Lansdowne Road, so unfair", despite the rules allowing it and their club/PRL deciding to nominate a stadium a few hours away not being our fault. Read the rules, ask your club/PRL, not Leinster.

However, they are fairly happy we're their opponents in the final, saying it's the final every neutral would want to see, two best clubs etc.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

There is also only about 10 people driving the traffic (or lack of it). One or two bogeys and the rest seem pretty decent and informed. Not a bad ratio by any standards. Very complimentary of our country and our fans from what I could see. They certainly don’t own the rights on ref. conspiracies we like to indulge in that on here to.

It seems like there won’t be to many at the Final which will be a pity to me as it adds to the occasion, consolation that our fans will be able to get more tickets.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

harblstuff wrote:The usual shite of "Why do they play in Lansdowne Road, so unfair", despite the rules allowing it and their club/PRL deciding to nominate a stadium a few hours away not being our fault. Read the rules, ask your club/PRL, not Leinster.

However, they are fairly happy we're their opponents in the final, saying it's the final every neutral would want to see, two best clubs etc.
Racing 92 were cheeky enough to nominate their own Disco Arena (31k) as a Semi Final venue and got the green light. I wonder if Saracens even considered nominating Allianz Park (can stretch to 15k), worst case the EPCR would have said No.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

This thread will do no good.
harblstuff
Bookworm

Post by harblstuff »

neill_m wrote:
harblstuff wrote:The usual shite of "Why do they play in Lansdowne Road, so unfair", despite the rules allowing it and their club/PRL deciding to nominate a stadium a few hours away not being our fault. Read the rules, ask your club/PRL, not Leinster.

Racing 92 were cheeky enough to nominate their own Disco Arena (31k) as a Semi Final venue and got the green light. I wonder if Saracens even considered nominating Allianz Park (can stretch to 15k), worst case the EPCR would have said No.

I love this comment from one of their fans -
Eprc should say if you use a ground more than 3 home games then it can not be classed as neutral
We play 1 regular season Pro14 match and we play 1 regular season European Cup match in Lansdowne Road.

By the nature of the argument (knock out rounds being played in Lansdowne Road), they cannot count towards the amount of games played for this reason.

So we only have 2/3, I agree with this - then Racing 92 are f%~ked. :clap:
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Logorrhea wrote:This thread will do no good.
Sorry just couldn’t help myself :wink:
Flying wedge
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I heard that all the players are moderators on that forum and get 100K a year for it.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I heard that all the players are moderators on that forum and get 100K a year for it.
:lol:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Looking at another fan’s forum is like the Springfield/Shelbyville episode of The Simpsons.

Do they have a lad who bangs on about his old school relentlessly, a few people who do nothing but slag off their main rivals and a lot of conspiracy theories about their national governing body too?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote:Looking at another fan’s forum is like the Springfield/Shelbyville episode of The Simpsons.

Do they have a lad who bangs on about his old school relentlessly, a few people who do nothing but slag off their main rivals and a lot of conspiracy theories about their national governing body too?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I heard that all the players are moderators on that forum and get 100K a year for it.
Ha. very good :)
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

wixfjord wrote:Looking at another fan’s forum is like the Springfield/Shelbyville episode of The Simpsons.

And they banished the Rugby Champions cup from Munster forever ..... because it’s haunted. They they all tuck into their Pro14 semi final juice.
harblstuff
Bookworm

Post by harblstuff »

Jonny tight lips wrote:

And they banished the Rugby Champions cup from Munster forever ..... because it’s haunted. They they all tuck into their Pro14 semi final juice.
Turnip juice really does fit perfectly there, not sure why you changed it
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

:D

Flying wedge
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

:D
Flying wedge
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Jonny tight lips wrote:

Very good. :clap:

How about those of us with Winnebago's, drive down to Munster and steal all their Turnip Trees? Just for the larf.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Interesting...
Summer is ready when you are

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

:lol:
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Don't look into their eyes Eve

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.