Home Pro 14 Semi-Final, Sat 18/5 @ The RDS, 14.30

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Home Pro 14 Semi-Final, Sat 18/5 @ The RDS, 14.30

Post by mildlyinterested »

Looking forward to welcoming Benetton.
Last edited by mildlyinterested on May 9th, 2019, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Re: Home Pro 14 Semi-Final, Sat 18/5 @ The RDS, 15.00

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote:Looking forward to welcoming Benetton.
Ah stop....... wouldn't that be somethin' though? :D
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

They've a better recent record in Dublin than the other potential semi-finalist.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Tickets on sale to season-ticket holders for this one already. 10% discount. E-mail sent out this morning.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

nc6000 wrote:They've a better recent record in Dublin than the other potential semi-finalist.
They have a better recent record than any other team on the planet.

But yeah, it would be soooo.... funny.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Could well be a repeat of last years semi final.

What a day that was. Best atmosphere I've seen in years and could not have asked for better weather.

A few stand outs for me that day were Kleyn being a very lucky boy to not get a red. Arnolds unbelievable chop tackle on Lowe and Max Deegans extremely ballsy jackal at the death while Murray just looked at him.

It was a close game on the scoreboard, but doesn't justify how far ahead Leinster were that day. I wonder will it be the same again this year
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

I have a ticket got through the season ticket holder sale. I can't recall last year's process in relation to public sale. Just that John23 jnr will no doubt express an interest in going.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:Could well be a repeat of last years semi final.

What a day that was. Best atmosphere I've seen in years and could not have asked for better weather.

A few stand outs for me that day were Kleyn being a very lucky boy to not get a red. Arnolds unbelievable chop tackle on Lowe and Max Deegans extremely ballsy jackal at the death while Murray just looked at him.

It was a close game on the scoreboard, but doesn't justify how far ahead Leinster were that day. I wonder will it be the same again this year
Yeah I thought we were much better for most of the game yet somehow the perception got around that they were unlucky to loose.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Jonny tight lips wrote:

Yeah I thought we were much better for most of the game yet somehow the perception got around that they were unlucky to loose.
Weren't Leinster ahead by 8 with 1 min to go, but Munster were awarded a try despite the ball being grounded short of the line? The final scoreline was deceptive.
Dont Panic!
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Dexter wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote:

Weren't Leinster ahead by 8 with 1 min to go, but Munster were awarded a try despite the ball being grounded short of the line? The final scoreline was deceptive.
That's how it finished. Gerry T has been saying ever since how Munster were unlucky and had a chance to go the whole length of the pitch with Zebo and Earls (I'm sure he also mentioned "x factor" and "speed merchant" on a few occasions in relation to that pair). It's an interesting view on the match, though, even if it is nonsense.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I don't think he has been saying they were 'unlucky' in fairness, what I’ve heard him saying on Second Captains is that the result could’ve easily swung their way at the end and changed the complexion of their season. Which is true.
They were 1 down past the 80 min mark and attacking and Zebo had just made a break from their own line when Deegan made that turnover.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

They were just about to beat Racing too but the darn ref blew the whistle!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

Jonny tight lips wrote:

Munster are never out played and they never deserve to lose. They're either robbed or unlucky.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

joooooe wrote:
That's how it finished. Gerry T has been saying ever since how Munster were unlucky and had a chance to go the whole length of the pitch with Zebo and Earls (I'm sure he also mentioned "x factor" and "speed merchant" on a few occasions in relation to that pair). It's an interesting view on the match, though, even if it is nonsense.
Rewatched it there last night.

The result wasn't close. Even after a year I can't fathom how the TMO miraculously saw Munster ground the ball for their 79th minute try but couldn't see the point of contact of Kleyns shoulder to Byrnes head...

My favourite thing having watched it back was just how bad Zebo was that day. He was an utter liability. Missed tackles, passes to touch, shocking decision making leading to turnovers
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

I'm worried about this one, focus is going to be tricky after Newcastle, some squad rotation will be required and Treviso have a fabulous record in the RDS in recent years. They have really come on this year and after they no doubt demolish Munster in Thomond they are going to be on a roll. All set for the Italian job :)
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:
joooooe wrote:

The result wasn't close.

Eh?
The game overall wasn't close, the result was decided by 1 point after a turnover from a Munster break in the last minute!
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

wixfjord wrote:
arsebiscuits1 wrote:
joooooe wrote:

The result wasn't close.

Eh?
The game overall wasn't close, the result was decided by 1 point after a turnover from a Munster break in the last minute!
That's a better way of phrasing it yeah.

The result definitely was close. The game wasn't though. We let Munster off the hook a few times and they offered very little going forwards
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

mildlyinterested wrote:Looking forward to welcoming Benetton.

Remember when we all thought this was a joke.....
The French are predictably unpredictable
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

It's Munster. Shocking performance but won 15 13 at the death. Nigel was very kind to Munster on a couple of big calls.
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

Both on the evidence of today and based off recent visits to Dublin from both teams we're getting the easier game.