Rhys Ruddock

Re: Home Pro 14 Semi-Final, Sat 18/5 @ The RDS, 15.00

Post by neill_m »

Game now a 2:30pm kick off.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

neill_m wrote:Game now a 2:30pm kick off.
It's still on the Pro14 website for 15.00.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

the spoofer wrote:
Official pro14 twitter account announced the change about half an hour ago
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

cormac wrote:
the spoofer wrote:
Official pro14 twitter account announced the change about half an hour ago
Thanks
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Home Pro 14 Semi-Final, Sat 18/5 @ The RDS, 14.30

Post by neill_m »

At a guess, bringing the kick off forward to 2:30pm is to avoid a clash with the soccer at 5pm - FA Cup Final.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

neill_m wrote:At a guess, bringing the kick off forward to 2:30pm is to avoid a clash with the soccer at 5pm - FA Cup Final.
Is that thing still going? :lol:
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

johng wrote:
neill_m wrote:At a guess, bringing the kick off forward to 2:30pm is to avoid a clash with the soccer at 5pm - FA Cup Final.
Is that thing still going? :lol:
Tis true, the competition had its day a long time ago. Someone must watch it still.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

The TV rights must come cheap (relative to the popular soccer games!)
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
flustered
Knowledgeable

Post by flustered »

Extra seating put on due to the demand!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

flustered wrote:Extra seating put on due to the demand!
They put in extra last year and almost sold it out
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

And so, another joust against our Southern foes looms on the horizon. On this occasion, Munster have the evidence of a Game Plan which has proven sufficent to defeat Leinster. But can they re-produce the Saracen's defensive strength and speed?

IMO, Munster have neither the ability nor the ruthlessness to replicate Sarries. But the challenge for Leo and his coaching group is to decide how much of the preparatory work they used over the three weeks before the Final, cen be usefully adapted for the challenge of Munster and how many of the same players will be available in good health to produce the performance needed to win this game.

The toll from yesterday's game will be one of sore bodies and hugely disappointed hearts and minds. The former has been coped with before. Not so the latter. But Leo and Stuart are the best possible combination to reform the emotions and translate the challenge into an attainable goal.

Despite the defeat to Sarries, Leinster produced a formidable performance in Newcastle. Few, if any, other teams in Europe could have opposed that rampant Saracens team with such an array of different attacking weapons. Can Leinster re-ignite that attack in six days or is there anybody, or any tactic, they can add to the offensive.

Josh Van der Flier may be a valuable addition. Andrew Porter may be another andJameson Gibson Park may be a third. All three may allow replacement of tired and sore bodies or merely a fresher, most positive, mindset.

Munster are not Sarries nor can they, in any manner, replicate the defensive intensity they applied. Leinster need to clear their minds. Set Saturday's defeat aside and focus on how to beat this Munster team. Nothing else matters this week.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Hope they dig deep and give one hell of a backlash
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

On top of Felix and Fla, apparently Munster's strength and conditioning coach is leaving to join Bath. Hopefully we can profit from the upheavals down Thomond way....
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

I reckon switch up the flankers, hooker and 10 to freshen things up. Bring in Ruddock, Connors (or JvdF if he's good to go), Tracy and Ross Byrne. Cronin probably won't be fit anyway judging by how he limped off.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I think I'd go for
Healy, Tracy, Furlong, Ryan, Toner, Ruddock, VDF, Conan, JGP, Sexton, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringrose, Larmour, RK
Byrne, Cronin/Byrne, Porter, Molony, SOB, McGrath, Byrne, ROL

JGP's fitness pending could obviously mean a different line up. I'd like to see him start as I think his pace and attacking game would be helpful in us keeping the pace up and pressure on.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote:I think I'd go for
Healy, Tracy, Furlong, Ryan, Toner, Ruddock, VDF, Conan, JGP, Sexton, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringrose, Larmour, RK

JGP's fitness pending could obviously mean a different line up. I'd like to see him start as I think his pace and attacking game would be helpful in us keeping the pace up and pressure on.
It's obvious that you have the hots for Molony but seriously Molony for Fardy?
Molony is a good Pro14 league option but he's not at the next level playoffs or HCC. He just isn't and he's likely to be overtaken in the not to distant future by the next generation of big men coming through.
Don't doubt his commitment etc however.....
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Ruckedtobits wrote:And so, another joust against our Southern foes looms on the horizon. On this occasion, Munster have the evidence of a Game Plan which has proven sufficent to defeat Leinster. But can they re-produce the Saracen's defensive strength and speed?

IMO, Munster have neither the ability nor the ruthlessness to replicate Sarries. But the challenge for Leo and his coaching group is to decide how much of the preparatory work they used over the three weeks before the Final, cen be usefully adapted for the challenge of Munster and how many of the same players will be available in good health to produce the performance needed to win this game.

The toll from yesterday's game will be one of sore bodies and hugely disappointed hearts and minds. The former has been coped with before. Not so the latter. But Leo and Stuart are the best possible combination to reform the emotions and translate the challenge into an attainable goal.

Despite the defeat to Sarries, Leinster produced a formidable performance in Newcastle. Few, if any, other teams in Europe could have opposed that rampant Saracens team with such an array of different attacking weapons. Can Leinster re-ignite that attack in six days or is there anybody, or any tactic, they can add to the offensive.

Josh Van der Flier may be a valuable addition. Andrew Porter may be another and Jameson Gibson Park may be a third. All three may allow replacement of tired and sore bodies or merely a fresher, most positive, mindset.

Munster are not Sarries nor can they, in any manner, replicate the defensive intensity they applied. Leinster need to clear their minds. Set Saturday's defeat aside and focus on how to beat this Munster team. Nothing else matters this week.
Well said.

Because we tied up our conference so early, we've been afforded the luxury of rest a lot of our first choice players in the eight weeks since the end of the Six Nations. They've had to play three European knock-out games - all of them tough – but have only had nominal minutes outside that.

The pack work so much harder and make/take so many more collisions than the backs that that is where any rotation should happen. Unless backs picked up injuries they should be retained in situ. They don't play together often enough as it is.

Porter and JVDF should come into the mix. Starting Rhys and JVDF should refresh the backrow. The onus should be on Jack Conan to go out and perform again ... he's going to need to play back-to-back games in the RWC if he wants to take the Ireland No8 jersey away from Stander.

We will need to specifically gameplan for O'Mahony, Cloete and Tadhg Beirne at the breakdown. Getting some fresh bodies in there will help to target them. I'd be very tempted to get Porter into the starting XV. I'd say he is pretty p*ssed off at missing the European final and feels he has something to prove. He's one of our biggest jackal threats in his own right, and he can be a devastating hitter.

Healy, Cronin, Porter, Toner, Ryan, Ruddock, van der Flier, Conan
L. McGrath, Sexton, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringrose, Larmour, R. Kearney
J. McGrath, Tracy, Furlong, Fardy, Deegan, O'Sullivan, R. Byrne, C. O'Brien
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Oldschool wrote:
wixfjord wrote:I think I'd go for

It's obvious that you have the hots for Molony but seriously Molony for Fardy?
Molony is a good Pro14 league option but he's not at the next level playoffs or HCC. He just isn't and he's likely to be overtaken in the not to distant future by the next generation of big men coming through.
Don't doubt his commitment etc however.....
A big hint for you here Oldschool - the choice is not about Molony over Fardy...
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Are we certain that Porter is fit and in form? He hasn't been selected for the last two European games and hasn't been seen since the Benetton game.

Theres a question over vdF too - back in training is not the same as available for selection.
I have Bumbleflex