Lifestyle Sports

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

bails
Graduate

Lifestyle Sports

Post by bails »

For the last 4 Champions Cup finals that we have appeared in, II have treated myself to a new Relica shirt. I have worn the shirt on the day proudly and it has been as much a momento of the day out at the final as it has been helping to create blue in the stadium.

For the last 4 weeks I have been attempting to buy a shirt without success. Today I attempted to buy a Champions Cup shirt, or failing that, a Pro 14 home or away shirt. I tried online, and visited the Lifestyle stores in Grafton St, Mary St, Arnotts, Dundrum Town Centre, Nutgrove and Carrickmines. None had any adult shirts in stock, and more worryingly I was told by staff that they haven’t had them for over a month, nor will they have any in stock before next season.

I do appreciate it is May, but we are entering the most important 3 weeks of our season, with a huge game in Newcastle on Sarurday and potentially another final in Glasgow 2 weeks later. There are the games where supporters want to wear their colours and stand proud in support of our team.

But Lifestyle couldn’t be bothered to work with Leinster and their fans.

Anyone lose fed up with Lifestyle
I have written to Mr Dawson asking that he find another retailer, as Lifestyle are not fit for purpose
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Re: Lifestyle Sports

Post by jimbobjoe »

Just had a search around some lesser known online stores and there's nothing to be found. When I searched for Leinster on the adidas UK website i got "OOPS – NO RESULTS FOR "leinster"!"
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

I actually think that there is a supply issue with this season's leinster gear everywhere. Usually I'd be getting emails from retailers at this point of the season touting leinster stuff - none of my go to online shops have any availability.
Anyone But New Zealand
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

There's a sports shop in Rathfarnham Shopping Centre that often has an array of Leinster stuff. As it seems you're in the area anyway, you could try it. It's on the ground floor, just beside the middle stairs.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

TheBear wrote:There's a sports shop in Rathfarnham Shopping Centre that often has an array of Leinster stuff. As it seems you're in the area anyway, you could try it. It's on the ground floor, just beside the middle stairs.
Is the problem not that lifestyle are exclusive sellers for Leinster (and I think Munster) hence far less outlets/kit available compared to previous years
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

TerenureJim wrote:
TheBear wrote:There's a sports shop in Rathfarnham Shopping Centre that often has an array of Leinster stuff. As it seems you're in the area anyway, you could try it. It's on the ground floor, just beside the middle stairs.
Is the problem not that lifestyle are exclusive sellers for Leinster (and I think Munster) hence far less outlets/kit available compared to previous years
Yup, that’s the problem. In a nutshell
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

TBF they are the best of a bad bunch Elvery's are worse.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

TerenureJim wrote:
Fair enough. I was just mentioning it because I thought I'd seen Leinster gear there before, but maybe it was before Lifestyle's exclusive deal, or maybe just old season stock.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

After Leinster won its first star, I bemoaned the lack of merchandise available - huge money could have been made then. Is it still the case? in a finals week, there is nothing?
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:
Yup, that’s the problem. In a nutshell
Adidas manufacture the shirt so quatity will have been fixed by them. Had a similar experience yesterday, went looking for a top/hoody. Nothing to be found.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

This has been the case since mid November. There was a window of about two weeks at the end of January start of February where there were a limited amount of male adults jerseys (mostly small/medium or 2xl) available to purchase. So it is not even a case of them selling out a huge amount of stock over the last few weeks. It is absolutely crazy.

Leinster get the guaranteed cash but is it worth it for the lack of brand presence and upset to supporters?

Lifestyle get exclusivity to sell gear and stop others selling gear then don't bother stocking it. Seems like a ridiculous deal from their point of view.

No new European jersey for me :cry:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English