Pro14 Final Glasgow v Leinster 18.30 Sat 25th May

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Pro14 Final Glasgow v Leinster 18.30 Sat 25th May

Post by ronk »

When is the citing window closed? It would be incredibly harsh but wouldnt take much to hurt RWC preparations.
Slàinte

Post by Slàinte »

artaneboy wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:
leinster23 wrote:his refusal to penalise Fagerson for five minutes and then willfully blowing up Byrne in his first scrum was amazing
The funny thing is absolutely no one here was surprised. I was convinced it was going to end that way a scrum or two ahead of that one.
Exactly. The only surprising thing is that the Glasgow team and fans seemed to assume that Leinster should be penalised earlier for Fagerson’s illegality.

Head shaking doesn’t do it justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you guys won and you are still finding reasons to be upset, have a word with yourselves :roll:
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

ronk wrote:When is the citing window closed? It would be incredibly harsh but wouldnt take much to hurt RWC preparations.
No need. Brown went off injured.....
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

riocard911 wrote:
ronk wrote:When is the citing window closed? It would be incredibly harsh but wouldnt take much to hurt RWC preparations.
No need. Brown went off injured.....
Not sure if that deserves a 'whhooosshh' or not.
Four Stars
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Leinster Celebrations.
Check out Jack McGrath near the end stuffing his face while everyone else was spraying champers.
Already letting standards slip. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4scBLVFv8Xg
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Slàinte wrote:you guys won and you are still finding reasons to be upset, have a word with yourselves :roll:
Nope. Still analysing what was a pretty poor refereeing performance. Nothing else to talk about now, and shirley its the best time to do it after a win.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Logorrhea wrote:
Slàinte wrote:you guys won and you are still finding reasons to be upset, have a word with yourselves :roll:
Nope. Still analysing what was a pretty poor refereeing performance. Nothing else to talk about now, and shirley its the best time to do it after a win.
Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness but we're not that :twisted: yet!
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Oldschool wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:
Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness but we're not that :twisted: yet!

and I told you not to call me Shirley !! :D
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

This was the first time we have won the League final outside D4. Even in 2008, when it was a straight league, we secured the title in the RDS against the Dragons IIRC.
We lost finals in Murrayfield and Thomond Pork.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

blockhead wrote:This was the first time we have won the League final outside D4. Even in 2008, when it was a straight league, we secured the title in the RDS against the Dragons IIRC.
Did we not win it away to Edinburgh the previous week (despite losing). I might be wrong and there was definitely no presentation.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

No, we could have won it against Edinburgh if we'd won with a BP - that would have meant that no other team could catch us on any level - we only got the losing bp though.
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

OTT wrote:
blockhead wrote:This was the first time we have won the League final outside D4. Even in 2008, when it was a straight league, we secured the title in the RDS against the Dragons IIRC.
Did we not win it away to Edinburgh the previous week (despite losing). I might be wrong and there was definitely no presentation.
I'm not sure tbh. I do remember the trophy lift that day in the RDS. And Ollie scoring two tries.

Thanks DC.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

OTT wrote:
Think that game left us only needing a point at home to the Dragons the following week to clinch the title.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

finally got to watch the game again - 2 observations, is there a better ^pound for pound^ tackler anywhere than Luke McGrath ?
Conan was immense - every aspect of his game, looking forward to seeing him in this form in Japan.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Barry wrote:finally got to watch the game again - 2 observations, is there a better ^pound for pound^ tackler anywhere than Luke McGrath ?
Conan was immense - every aspect of his game, looking forward to seeing him in this form in Japan.
Agree on Lukie - Gutsy little bugger - would like to see a little less of the box kicking though.....worked for us in Glasgow in poor conditions but he
tends to overplay this facet of his game.

Right now - on form - Conan is miles ahead of Stander. Wonder if joe will see it that way though?
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

tingman wrote:
Barry wrote:finally got to watch the game again - 2 observations, is there a better ^pound for pound^ tackler anywhere than Luke McGrath ?
Agree on Lukie - Gutsy little bugger - would like to see a little less of the box kicking though.....worked for us in Glasgow in poor conditions but he

Right now - on form - Conan is miles ahead of Stander. Wonder if joe will see it that way though?
Assuming all fit and nothing amiss in training , injuries or WC warm ups Conan has to start 8 ATM, he is in a different league to CJ. Hope Jack stays fit.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Blueberry wrote:
tingman wrote:

Assuming all fit and nothing amiss in training , injuries or WC warm ups Conan has to start 8 ATM, he is in a different league to CJ. Hope Jack stays fit.
Agreed, but he must also work on improving his carrying to a level that Ewers demonstrated for Exeter against Sarries yesterday. Conan has great footwork but must hugely concentrate on higher and stronger knee-lift to break out of tackles that currently bring him to the deck. Several Exeter forwards and backs demonstrated this particular skill yesterday which suggests it is technique not inate skill.

Rhys is in a similar place and is a stronger, but less explosive, carrier than Conan. However, if he can escape from more of the initial tackles, he has the ability to see the best options for off-loading to better placed support runners.