Mullet

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Post by D4surfer »

40 minutes 17-10 Dan Sheehan try
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Leinster A sloppy in possession a few times. 50 minutes Harry Byrne and Michael Milne on.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

51 minutes 24-10 Rob Russell try
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

That pass from Harry Byrne for that try was unbelievable :shock:

First touch too I think
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

LeinsterLeader wrote:That pass from Harry Byrne for that try was unbelievable :shock:

First touch too I think
Pure class. Oisin Dowling Yellow Card 62 minutes
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Another yellow, Tom Clarkson 67 minutes
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Huge penalty for Leinster after 10 minutes camped on our try line. Still 24-10 after 72 minutes with relieving kick to come.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

79 minutes 31-10 try Paddy Patterson
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

How fast is Ryan Baird :shock:
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Yellow card for Harry Byrne. Ryan Baird showed serious wheels chasing down Ulster’s centre.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

31-10 full time
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

D4surfer wrote:Yellow card for Harry Byrne. Ryan Baird showed serious wheels chasing down Ulster’s centre.
I've never seen anything like that from a second row. The Ulster guy had a good start on him too
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

LeinsterLeader wrote:That pass from Harry Byrne for that try was unbelievable :shock:

First touch too I think
It was the highlight of the game for me. An absolute laser.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Well, that second-half was a waste of 50 + minutes of my life. The combination of an Ulster pack intent on scoring by battering at the Leinster line from 5-7 mtrs and a Referee who distributed YCs and FINAL WARNINS with abandon, ensured that the quality deteriorated sharply after a good quality first half.

There were flashes of excellence however: Harry's Byrne's first pass to put Rob Russell slaloming through the Ulster defence from 45 mtr; a couple of Liam Turner's surging runs; and numerous pieces of attacking play from Tommy O'Brien were good entertainment. Add in some good forward play from both packs in the first half and there was enough to keep the decent crowd interested.

But €15 to get into the Stand for a STH was a rip-off.

Well done Leinster lads on winning the cup but more work on how to exit defensive positions is needed.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Very pleased with that.

Some super performances out there.

Ulster looked like a noticeably bigger squad but the level of conditioning between the 2 teams was stark. Ulster constantly getting cramps stretched out and breathers in.

They fronted up very well with hard carries and some very impressive one out tackling but Leinster were definitely in a different class.

Serious questions will need to be asked of Ulster in how they can spend 10 minutes in the opposition 5m line with 2 men up and not score a try.

Credit to Leinster who kept Ulster scoreless for 60 or 70 minutes.

O Sullivan's passing was quite good and he had some good exits.

Mullin and TOB were in a league of their own in the centre and look to have a very effective partnership.

TOB was especially impressive and looks to have very few weaknesses in his game. I think there was 5 different occasions where he just took 3 or 4 Ulster defenders out of the game with a stunning skip pass out wide. Was happy to carry one out for the ugly yards and very capable of hitting the soft shoulders in the wider channels.

Fronted up exceptionally well in D against some much bigger Ulster lads. Look forward to him playing senior rugby.

Really liked the look of Liam Turner also. Very powerful carrier and I think his size might actually work in his favour in this age of high tackles. There were a few moments of a defender having a moment of hesitation and Turner made impressive yards. Made a lovely read out wide in our 22 and shut down the attack.

Set piece was very impressive and I think Ulster got a bit fortunate with some scrum calls. Lineout overall functioned well.

The moment of the match also for me was Ryan Baird. It wasn't a tackle. It was a calculated hunt down.

That 23 was no slouch and wasn't on the pitch that long. And Baird hunted him over 70 metres and made the tackle. It was frankly frightening speed from a man that tall and heavy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I didn't go so thanks for the detailed updates :happy clapper:
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I didn't go so thanks for the detailed updates :happy clapper:
Fair play to ye LRIP you held out and didn't pass the picket. You stuck it to the man.

Was that you I seen chained to the gate on the way in :wink:
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I didn't go so thanks for the detailed updates :happy clapper:
Fair play to ye LRIP you held out and didn't pass the picket. You stuck it to the man.

*shakes fist because I keep saying it* I already passed the picket!

I've no issue with paying into a final anyway (and actually may have been able to get in for free), maybe that's stupid but I do think a final is different. Truth be told I made plans for after the Scotland game and only remembered the final when I was in the shower and it was too late to change them.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:

*shakes fist because I keep saying it* I already passed the picket!

I've no issue with paying into a final anyway (and actually may have been able to get in for free), maybe that's stupid but I do think a final is different. Truth be told I made plans for after the Scotland game and only remembered the final when I was in the shower and it was too late to change them.
Well i decided to pass the picket and try bring the system down from within.

I sat beside Leo Cullen but didn't ask him for a selfie. So that showed them!

I think I've made my point Leinster

:shock:
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

TRIES:
7 - Gavin Mullin(Centre/21)
7 - Dan Sheehan(Hooker/21)
5 - Paddy Patterson(Scrumhalf/20)
4 - Andrew Smith(Wing/U20)
3 - Cormac Foley(Scrumhalf/19), Jack Kelly(Fullback/21), Ronan Watters(Backrow/20), Niall Comerford(Wing/U20), Rob Russell(Wing-Fullback/20)
2 - Liam Turner(Centre/20), Adam La Grue(Centre-Wing/U21), Ramon Salanoa(TH Prop/U23),Ronan Foley(Backrow/22), Tommy O'Brien(Centre/21), Bobby Sheehan(Hooker/U20).
1 - Jack Aungier(TH Prop/20), Bryan Byrne(Hooker/26), Mark Hernan(Openside/U20), Michael Milne(LH Prop/20), Paddy McKenzie(Outhalf/U20), Tom Clarkson(TH Prop/U20), Rowan Osborne(Scrumhalf/23), Jack Dunne(Lock/20), Oisin Dowling(Lock-Blindside/22), Penalty try 1

CONS: Harry Byrne(Outhalf/20) 15, Rob Russell(Fullback/U21) 11, James Tarrant(Outhalf/U21) 7, Conor Kelly(Outhalf/20) 5, Paddy McKenzie(Outhalf/U20) 3, Pen try con