Celtic Cup 19/20

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » October 4th, 2019, 2:16 pm

Jeez he has some strike rate. Really hope he makes his first team debut soon.
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 13006
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby D4surfer » October 4th, 2019, 2:32 pm

38-14 after 60 minutes
D4surfer
Graduate
 
Posts: 566
Joined: May 13th, 2009, 11:34 am

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby D4surfer » October 4th, 2019, 2:48 pm

43-14 Full time. Home final apparently.
D4surfer
Graduate
 
Posts: 566
Joined: May 13th, 2009, 11:34 am

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby mildlyinterested » October 4th, 2019, 2:50 pm

LeinsterLeader wrote:A question for those in the know. We seem to be quite a bit stronger then anyone else this year. Any ideas why?

Is this an exceptionally talented group that are coming through?


better coached, better conditioned, more talent, higher skill levels.. a combo of all four of those..

some special talents in that side in Ryan Baird and Tommy O'Brien..
mildlyinterested
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby LeinsterLeader » October 4th, 2019, 2:54 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:A question for those in the know. We seem to be quite a bit stronger then anyone else this year. Any ideas why?

Is this an exceptionally talented group that are coming through?


better coached, better conditioned, more talent, higher skill levels.. a combo of all four of those..

some special talents in that side in Ryan Baird and Tommy O'Brien..

Well that's all good stuff so!

The only downside is that we probably won't be allowed keep them all.

Lets' hope the powers that be can make the right calls and we at least keep the best of them.
User avatar
LeinsterLeader
Mullet
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: May 23rd, 2010, 8:51 pm

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby mildlyinterested » October 4th, 2019, 2:58 pm

LeinsterLeader wrote:Well that's all good stuff so!

The only downside is that we probably won't be allowed keep them all.

Lets' hope the powers that be can make the right calls and we at least keep the best of them.


well there are clear future stars in this side that should be priority for the province.

the coaching at the province the players are getting at the moment is second to none in Ireland IMO.

Very excited to see Sheehan, Baird, Dowling, Penny, O'Sullivan, O'Brien and Mullin play for the senior side this season.

don't think anyone else in side today will get a chance.
mildlyinterested
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby D4surfer » October 4th, 2019, 3:44 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:Well that's all good stuff so!

The only downside is that we probably won't be allowed keep them all.

Lets' hope the powers that be can make the right calls and we at least keep the best of them.


well there are clear future stars in this side that should be priority for the province.

the coaching at the province the players are getting at the moment is second to none in Ireland IMO.

Very excited to see Sheehan, Baird, Dowling, Penny, O'Sullivan, O'Brien and Mullin play for the senior side this season.

don't think anyone else in side today will get a chance.


At the Ulster match a few weeks ago, I was speaking to an Ulster supporter who was very excited about their team. Before the match he reckoned they had a really great group. At the end he was a bit stunned. His major observation was that Ulster had some great players, but Leinster had a great team. The speed and precision blew him away. That's down to coaching and the lads having the required skills. Expect a few scouts at the final.
D4surfer
Graduate
 
Posts: 566
Joined: May 13th, 2009, 11:34 am

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby Pilotman123 » October 4th, 2019, 7:27 pm

Anyone at the game today?
Pilotman123
Graduate
 
Posts: 543
Joined: July 9th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby D4surfer » October 4th, 2019, 8:37 pm

Pilotman123 wrote:Anyone at the game today?


Galway on Friday not great for me.

Match report: https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/report_nos ... ster-a-43/
D4surfer
Graduate
 
Posts: 566
Joined: May 13th, 2009, 11:34 am

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby Pilotman123 » October 5th, 2019, 1:24 pm

D4surfer wrote:
Pilotman123 wrote:Anyone at the game today?


Galway on Friday not great for me.

Match report: https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/report_nos ... ster-a-43/

Cheers
Pilotman123
Graduate
 
Posts: 543
Joined: July 9th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby mildlyinterested » October 7th, 2019, 8:44 am

TRIES:
7 - Gavin Mullin(Centre/21)
6 - Dan Sheehan(Hooker/21)
4 - Paddy Patterson(Scrumhalf/20), Andrew Smith(Wing/U20).
3 - Cormac Foley(Scrumhalf/19), Jack Kelly(Fullback/21), Ronan Watters(Backrow/20), Niall Comerford(Wing/U20).
2 - Liam Turner(Centre/20),Rob Russell(Wing-Fullback/20), Adam La Gure(Centre-Wing/U21), Ramon Salanoa(TH Prop/U23),Ronan Foley(Backrow/22), Tommy O'Brien(Centre/21), Bobby Sheehan(Hooker/U20).
1 - Jack Aungier(TH Prop/20), Bryan Byrne(Hooker/26), Mark Hernan(Openside/U20), Michael Milne(LH Prop/20), Paddy McKenzie(Outhalf/U20), Tom Clarkson(TH Prop/U20), Rowan Osborne(Scrumhalf/23), Jack Dunne(Lock/20), Penalty try 1

CONS: Harry Byrne(Outhalf/20) 13, James Tarrant(Outhalf/U21) 7, Conor Kelly(Outhalf/20) 5, Rob Russell(Fullback/U21) 9, Paddy McKenzie(Outhalf/U20) 3, Pen try con
mildlyinterested
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby mildlyinterested » October 7th, 2019, 8:48 am

Prop
Charlie Ward(U20/Tullow RFC/Clontarf) - 2 starts at 1, 1 bench appearance at 1 and 3 bench appearances at 3.
Michael Milne(U21/Roscrea/UCD) - 5 starts at 1.
Tom Clarkson(U20/Blackrock/DUFC) - 3 starts at 3, 2 bench appearances at 3.
Jack Aungier(U22/Suttonians RFC/Clontarf) - 3 starts at 3.
Harry Noonan(U20/Greystones RFC/Old Wesley) - 3 bench appearances at 1.
Marcus Hannan(U20/Clane RFC/Old Belvedere) - 3 bench appearances at 1.
Roman Salanoa(U22/Old Belvedere) - 1 start at 3, 2 bench appearances at 3.

Hooker
Dan Sheehan(U22/Clongowes/Lansdowne) - 5 starts, 2 bench appearances.
John McKee(U20/Campbell/Old Belvedere) - 3 bench appearances.
Bobby Sheehan(U20/Clongowes/UCD) - 2 bench appearances.
Bryan Byrne(U27/Clongowes/Clontarf) - 1 start.
Ronan Kelleher(U22/St. Michaels/Lansdowne) - 1 start.

Back 5 forwards
Ronan Watters(U21/St. Marys/St. Marys) - 4 starts a 7, 1 start at 6, 1 bench appearance at 7.
Ronan Foley(U22/St. Marys/UCD) - 5 starts at 8, 1 bench appearance at 8, 1 bench non-appearance.
Cian Prendergast(U20/Newbridge/UCD) - 1 start at 6, 2 starts at 4, 1 bench appearance at 5, 1 bench appearance at 7.
Charlie Ryan(U21/Blackrock/UCD)- 1 start at 5, 4 starts at 4.
Brian Deeny(U20/Wexford RFC/Clontarf) - 2 starts at 8, 1 start at 6, 1 bench at 6, 1 bench.
Sean O'Brien(U20/Blackrock/UCD) - 1 start at 6, 2 bench appearances at 4.
Oisin Dowling(U23/St. Michaels/Lansdowne) - 2 starts at 5, 2 starts at 6.
Jack Dunne(U22/St. Michaels/DUFC) - 1 start at 4, 2 starts at 5.
David Aspil(U24/High School/St. Marys) - 1 bench appearance at 5, 1 bench appearance at 8.
Mark Hernan(U20/St. Michaels/Lansdowne) - 2 starts at 7.
Ryan Baird(U21/St. Michaels/DUFC) - 3 starts at 5.
David Maher(U20/Roscrea/MU Barnhall) - 1 bench appearance at 5.
Martin Moloney(U21/Athy RFC/Old Belvedere) - 1 start at 6.
Anthony Ryan(U20/Clongowes/Clontarf) - 1 bench appearance at 6.
Alex Soroka(U19/Belvedere/DUFC) - bench.
Scott Penny(U20/St. Michaels/UCD) - started at 7.

Scrumhalf
Rowan Osborne(U24/Clongowes/DUFC) - 3 starts, 1 bench appearance.
Paddy Patterson(U22/Blackrock/UCD) - 2 starts, 1 bench appearance at 9, 1 bench appearance at 15.
Cormac Foley(U21/St. Gerards/St. Marys) - 1 start, 2 bench appearances, 1 bench non-appearance.
Hugh O'Sullivan(U20/Belvedere/Clontarf) - 1 start.
Jack Connolly(U20/Gonzaga) - 1 bench non-appearance.

Outhalf
Harry Byrne(U21/St. Michaels/Lansdowne) - 3 starts.
Conor Kelly(U21/Roscrea/Clontarf) - 3 starts.
James Tarrant(U21/Blackrock/UCD) - 1 start, 2 bench appearances.
Paddy McKenzie(U20/Wicklow RFC/Old Wesley) - 2 bench appearances, 1 bench non-appearance.
Tim Corkery(U19/Kilkenny RFC/Lansdowne) - 1 bench appearance, 1 bench non-appearance.

Outside Backs
Gavin Mullin(U23/Blackrock/UCD) - 7 starts at 13.
Liam Turner(U21/Blackrock/DUFC) - 3 starts at 12, 4 bench appearances at 12
Rob Russell(U21/St. Michaels/DUFC) - 2 starts at 11, 1 start at 14, 3 starts at 15.
Jack Kelly(U22/St. Michaels/DUFC) - 3 starts at 15, 1 start at 11.
Andrew Smith(U20/St. Michaels/Clontarf) - 1 start at 14, 3 starts at 11.
Tommy O'Brien(U22/Blackrock/UCD) - 4 starts at 12.
Niall Comerford(U20/Blackrock) - 3 starts at 14.
Adam La Grue(U21/Terenure/Terenure) - 1 start at 14, 1 start at 11, 1 bench appearance at 13, 1 bench non-appearance.
Hugo Keenan(U24/Blackrock/UCD) - 1 start at 15.
Josh O'Connor(U19/Wexford RFC/UCD) - 1 bench non-appearance, 1 start at 14.
Last edited by mildlyinterested on October 21st, 2019, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mildlyinterested
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby D4surfer » October 7th, 2019, 10:46 am

The final is at 3.00PM on Sunday 13th October in Donnybrook.
D4surfer
Graduate
 
Posts: 566
Joined: May 13th, 2009, 11:34 am

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby hugonaut » October 7th, 2019, 1:10 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:Prop
Charlie Ward(U20/Tullow RFC/Clontarf) - 2 starts at 1, 1 bench appearance at 1 and 3 bench appearances at 3.
Michael Milne(U21/Roscrea/UCD) - 5 starts at 1.
Tom Clarkson(U20/Blackrock/DUFC) - 3 starts at 3, 2 bench appearances at 3.

etc.


Outstanding work, Mildly. Thanks very much.
User avatar
hugonaut
Shane Jennings
 
Posts: 5180
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 7:44 pm

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby mildlyinterested » October 7th, 2019, 1:48 pm

hugonaut wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:Prop
Charlie Ward(U20/Tullow RFC/Clontarf) - 2 starts at 1, 1 bench appearance at 1 and 3 bench appearances at 3.
Michael Milne(U21/Roscrea/UCD) - 5 starts at 1.
Tom Clarkson(U20/Blackrock/DUFC) - 3 starts at 3, 2 bench appearances at 3.

etc.


Outstanding work, Mildly. Thanks very much.


No probs.
mildlyinterested
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby Jonny tight lips » October 7th, 2019, 2:31 pm

Will it be streamed/televised?
Jonny tight lips
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 322
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby mildlyinterested » October 7th, 2019, 2:58 pm

Jonny tight lips wrote:Will it be streamed/televised?


:lol:
mildlyinterested
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby mildlyinterested » October 9th, 2019, 12:14 pm

My team for final:

1. Charlie Ward(U20)
2. Dan Sheehan(U22)
3. Tom Clarkson(U20)
4. Charlie Ryan(U21)
5. Jack Dunne(U22)
6. Oisin Dowling(U23)
7. Scott Penny(U21)
8. Ronan Foley(U22)
9. Rowan Osborne(U24)
10. Conor Kelly(U21)
11. Andrew Smith(U20)
12. Tommy O'Brien(U22)
13. Gavin Mullin(U23)
14. Niall Comerford(U20)
15. Rob Russell(U21)
16. B Sheehan
17. Noonan
18. Salanoa
19. Deeny
20. Prendergast
21. Foley
22. Tarrant
23. Turner
Last edited by mildlyinterested on October 10th, 2019, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
mildlyinterested
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby D4surfer » October 9th, 2019, 12:31 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:My team for final:

1. Ward
2. B Sheehan
3. Clarkson
4. Ryan
5. Dunne
6. Dowling
7. Penny
8. Foley
9. Osborne
10. Kelly
11. Smith
12. TOB
13. Mullin
14. Comerford
15. Russell
16. B Sheehan
17. Noonan
18. Salanoa
19. Deeny
20. Prendergast
21. Foley
22. Tarrant
23. Turner


I'll go and watch that team.
D4surfer
Graduate
 
Posts: 566
Joined: May 13th, 2009, 11:34 am

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Postby mildlyinterested » October 9th, 2019, 2:11 pm

Leinster A have used 48 players, 21 of which are under-20. Leinster A have scored 56 tries.
Ulster A have used 36 players. 11 of which are under-20. Ulster A have scored 28 tries.
mildlyinterested
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

PreviousNext

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests