Leinster v Dragons RDS Friday 7.35 Eir/TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Leinster v Dragons RDS Friday 7.35 Eir/TG4

Post by wixfjord »

Wonder will we start to see a few of the RWC guys trickle back for this one or the week after.

E Byrne & Frawley back too with Keenan out.

Possible side:

Byrne, Byrne, Bent, Toner, Molony, Deegan, Connors, Doris, JGP, Byrne, Lowe, COB, ROL, Byrne, JOB
Dooley, Tracy, Vakh, Fardy, Penny, HOS, Frawley, DK
cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster v Dragons RDS Friday 7.35 Eir/TG4

Post by cormac »

I'd be tempted to give Harry Byrne a start in this one and not just because Ross stunk the place out against Zebre.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

cormac wrote:I'd be tempted to give Harry Byrne a start in this one and not just because Ross stunk the place out against Zebre.
+1
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

wixfjord wrote:Wonder will we start to see a few of the RWC guys trickle back for this one or the week after.

Possible side:

Byrne, Byrne, Bent, Toner, Molony, Deegan, Connors, Doris, JGP, Byrne, Lowe, COB, ROL, Byrne, JOB
No sign of any of the returning internationals in the training photos today. I suspect they're not due to return to training until next week.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

cormac wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Wonder will we start to see a few of the RWC guys trickle back for this one or the week after.

Possible side:

No sign of any of the returning internationals in the training photos today. I suspect they're not due to return to training until next week.
J-Sex put up a picture on instagram about 5 hours ago of himself doing kicking practice in the RDS
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Dragons will not be a walkover, although obviously no returnees as yet. However, we need to put as strong a pack as possible and melt their supply from the beginning. if J10 wants to put on his boots, I'll be delighted to welcome him back.

I'd also love to see Cian, Rhys and Henshaw back in harness - the latter two grossly underused over the past five week.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Henshaw was injured for most of the RWC, don't think you can say he was 'underused'!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

When was the last time Henshaw had a run of games? Is it over two years at this stage? He's one guy who I don't want us to rest. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up looking after his hamstring for a while because he was rushed back, but once he does return I hope we just play him as much as possible.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Leinster Rugby v Dragons – KO 19:35

RDS Arena, Dublin

Referee: Andrea Piardi (FIR, 3rd Championship Appearance)
AR1: Andrew Brace (IRFU) AR2: Matteo Liperini
TMO: Alan Falzone (FIR)
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Xanthippe wrote:
cormac wrote:

Possible side:

J-Sex put up a picture on instagram about 5 hours ago of himself doing kicking practice in the RDS
I saw him practicing his kicking in the RDS when I was walking by with my dog at 13:00 on the 28th of October, mad stuff altogether
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Don't think we'll see it tomorrow but it would be interesting to see how, as suggested elsewhere(Xan?), a RB/HB 10/12 or 10/15 would go even as a coming off the bench experiment for 30 mins or so assuming the Dragons aren't spoiling the party of course.
It's definitely worth a try and it's also the sort of thing FLeocaster would be up to trying.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Oldschool wrote:Don't think we'll see it tomorrow but it would be interesting to see how, as suggested elsewhere(Xan?), a RB/HB 10/12 would go even as a coming off the bench experiment for 30 mins or so assuming the Dragons aren't spoiling the party of course.
It's definitely worth a try and it's also the sort of thing FLeocaster would be up to trying.
Harry Byrne has never played 12 or 15 before he has been playing 10 ever since he was in the Michael’s primary school, that’s the problem about the Byrne brothers, they aren’t very versatile which is a shame
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

We have better players coming through who can play 12 or 15, I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the Byrne brothers moved to a different province
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Really exciting team!
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

wixfjord wrote:Image

Really exciting team!
Great to see Bairdo and Harry Byrne starting #swords
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

A little bit fragile on the bench to face a Dean Ryan-coached team. Wouldn't fancy seeing a front-row on 45 mins of Milne, Kelleher and Aungier, unless we'ed already banked 30+ pts and 4+ tries.
wise7
Beginner

Post by wise7 »

When Ross was brought on the Australian tour in 2018, Schmidt said at the time he was bringing him as additional cover at 12 as well as 10 as he felt he could potentially play there if needed. (although 10 is clearly his true position). Harry I have heard said he played centre up to 12 or 13 years of age. Anyway it would be interesting at some stage to see if they could produce a good enough combination that could evolve into a realistic option. They are a pair of big units with a lot of football.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Interesting that Deegan is at 6 & Doris 8
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

wise7 wrote:When Ross was brought on the Australian tour in 2018, Schmidt said at the time he was bringing him as additional cover at 12 as well as 10 as he felt he could potentially play there if needed. (although 10 is clearly his true position). Harry I have heard said he played centre up to 12 or 13 years of age. Anyway it would be interesting at some stage to see if they could produce a good enough combination that could evolve into a realistic option. They are a pair of big units with a lot of football.
Interesting times ahead
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Am I right in thinking LPG, ROL, Dooley and Bent have started all our games?
Seems like a missed opportunity to not give a less experienced squad member a start in one of the games, particularly at 9.