Munster Away, Saturday Dec 28, 18:00, Eir Sports 1

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Munster Away, Saturday Dec 28, 18:00, Eir Sports 1

Post by wixfjord »

EVERY time Ross Molony gets a run in Munster he steals lineout ball. It's an unwritten rule of the universe.
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Well, we won that in part, because with and without the ball, we did a lot more with it than Munster did. The number of errors on their own ball by Munster in the 2nd was an indictment of their play. Very good win by us in the circumstances.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

My god Munster's attack is atrocious. Got spooked every time they tried to get the ball past 10 in that second half and the blue wall swamped them.

Connors & Doris were huge. Thought Dev was really good too.

Really liked our confidence in our own skillset to hold onto the ball and attack, not just kick it away.

In the grand scheme this is just another win, but it must be a sweet one for the younger guys.
D4Blue
Beginner

Post by D4Blue »

Great performance under pressure from a determined Munster side. Commentators Toland and Morris (?) will be bitterly disappointed with the result going by by their partisan performance.
RichardP wrote: "BLAME kIDNEY"
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Thought Ross Byrne was really good. Head and shoulders above JJ. Got lucky with a few bounces but really controlled things.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Very very satisfying that - our discipline was fantastic....especially in the conditions.

Munster are all huff and puff....limited creativity with ball in hand. Doris & Connors really coming of age.

Someone have a word with JLo and tell him he does not have to offload every single time.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

tingman wrote: Someone have a word with JLo and tell him he does not have to offload every single time.
This - it's a disaster waiting to happen, for all his obvious qualities.

Ross Byrne must the most improved player in the country, another terrific performance.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

tingman wrote: Someone have a word with JLo and tell him he does not have to offload every single time.

Ross Byrne must the most improved player in the country, another terrific performance.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

A small thing from tonight, but I have a sneaking, sneaking suspicion that Leo/Stu don't massively fancy COB.

Putting 2+2 and getting 15 here, but after his lack of gametime at the start of the year (which there was unconfirmed rumours about a little issue with fitness/attitude) and then tonight a poor unforced error tonight and being hauled off soon after.

That might be unfounded speculation granted, but shur it is Leinsterfans after all!
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Pilotman123 wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote:Wasn’t he a fullback in school? He hasn’t done well either this season or last where he was outshone by Patterson. Big chance for him when he comes on tonight and of course big chance for Osborne. C’mon Leinster
Wasn’t outshone by Patterson last season as he was ahead of him in the pecking order at Leinster and HOS was also picked ahead of him in the Heineken Cup final to be sub and always started ahead of him in the u20s and still is ahead of him, he just needs to have a chance by starting a game, I’d say he’s fed up of only coming on last 10/15 minutes every game
There were games last year where Patterson came on for HOS a d used the last 10/15 to show more than HOS had done in the previous 65/70. I know he was picked ahead of him for the final but he didn’t get on which I think says as much. Thought Rowan played well tonight, got there quick and got the ball out in the second half.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

That's our 15th win in a row with our last defeat being in the Champions Cup Final against Saracens last May. Pretty sure that equals our best ever winning run from the 01/02 season when we won our first 15 games of that season.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Thought that Osbourne & Ross Byrne were excellent in first half in keeping tempo high and doing their part in defence where they were targeted.

Thought the back-row was immense throughout. Fardy & Dev put in huge shifts defensively and they & Ross Moloney shut down the Munster line-out.

Excellent victory in Thomond. Decent, unfussy, performance from Ref Murphy in a very difficult venue for him.

Tight win, but worth a lot more than just four points.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

D4Blue wrote:Great performance under pressure from a determined Munster side. Commentators Toland and Morris (?) will be bitterly disappointed with the result going by by their partisan performance.
An ulsterman and a former Leinster captain? I'm sure they will just be counting their cash in the stands.

It's a human trait to be up for the underdog and i heard plenty of praise from both of them for Leinster.

Sure tolland can be annoying, but biased? It's all in the ear of the beholder
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

johng wrote:
D4Blue wrote:Great performance under pressure from a determined Munster side. Commentators Toland and Morris (?) will be bitterly disappointed with the result going by by their partisan performance.
An ulsterman and a former Leinster captain? I'm sure they will just be counting their cash in the stands.

It's a human trait to be up for the underdog and i heard plenty of praise from both of them for Leinster.

I'm not a big of this 'media bias' rhetoric.

But Toland is either ridiculously biased or just a very, very bad commentator.

(You can ask Dave C on your next show...)

Last week calling for a card after we'd literally just had a man carded.

Last year against Munster literally screaming about Whitehouse telling Mathewson to 'use it' at the base of a scrum.

Tonight whinging about clear cut Leinster decisions like JOD pulling down a maul.

He might be a former Leinster captain, but he is clearly from the Niall Ronan school of ex Leinster backrows. Prat.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I didn't get the commentators' confusion about that maul. It looked like Dev didn't have the ball anymore, therefore he can't be tackled.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Hippo wrote:

That would be Billy Burns IMO, but as I've said so many times that the word has lost all meaning, I think Ross is the most underrated player in the country.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Spot on wixfjord. The guy is a clown. At one stage in the second half he was practically screaming down the microphone for munster to go down the short side!
Wtf is all that about??!!

Flannery is full of it aswell. Can only see what munster are trying to do and nothing about how the opposition could stop it?. At least the ref wasn't part of the munster love in. Especially after the booing and whinging from the so called best fans in the world!! 6 out of 7 for leinster now. Even with the under 15's out there at one stage. Leinster back row once again was outstanding. If Josh Murphy can do a really good angry face he might even take saint Peter Mahoney's place in the Ireland team!!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

wixfjord wrote:
johng wrote:

I'm not a big of this 'media bias' rhetoric.

But Toland is either ridiculously biased or just a very, very bad commentator.

(You can ask Dave C on your next show...)

Last week calling for a card after we'd literally just had a man carded.

Last year against Munster literally screaming about Whitehouse telling Mathewson to 'use it' at the base of a scrum.

Tonight whinging about clear cut Leinster decisions like JOD pulling down a maul.

He might be a former Leinster captain, but he is clearly from the Niall Ronan school of ex Leinster backrows. Prat.
:) Well he is from Limerick. And did play for munster first.

I just think we all (me included) can be over sensitive about something we are passionate about. I can think of many good friends who have said way worse than what was said on this thread.

So sorry for singling out the original poster as he was not an extreme example.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

No issues with Flannery. He gives good insight and is nowhere near the hysterics level of Toland.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

johng wrote: :) Well he is from Limerick. And did play for munster first.

I just think we all (me included) can be over sensitive about something we are passionate about. I can think of many good friends who have said way worse than what was said on this thread.

So sorry for singling out the original poster as he was not an extreme example.
Are those good friends also paid commentators on Eir Sport?

You said he was a former Leinster captain. He was. He also lives, played for and is from Munster. And is clearly stupidly biased to the point of not bothering to cover it!