Champions Cup Final 2020 (tix, travel, accom)

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Champions Cup Final 2020 (tix, travel, accom)

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » January 26th, 2020, 10:00 am

Hi Lads...

Notice the price of flights from dublin and london are already through the roof for Marseille. Already have me tix and accom sorted. Just wondering if anyone else has worked out a good route to get there..e.g. flying into a different city.
MylesNaGapoleen
Mullet

Re: Champions Cup Final 2020 (tix, travel, accom)

Postby Serb » January 26th, 2020, 12:01 pm

I’m flying into Lyon (€130) and getting the train to Marseille. Station is in the airport and takes about 30 minutes. I’m flying out of Marseille (€70) on the way home.

I booked these a good while ago however and it was already on the relatively pricey side so not sure how much joy you’ll have with that route.
Serb
Bookworm

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » January 26th, 2020, 12:08 pm

Serb wrote:I’m flying into Lyon (€130) and getting the train to Marseille. Station is in the airport and takes about 30 minutes. I’m flying out of Marseille (€70) on the way home.

I booked these a good while ago however and it was already on the relatively pricey side so not sure how much joy you’ll have with that route.

lyon is a good shout. When you say 30mins...did you mean 1hour and 30mins? TGV is coming up as that for me from lyon airport. https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Lyon-Airport-LYS/Marseille
MylesNaGapoleen
Mullet

Postby Blue not red blood » January 26th, 2020, 5:20 pm

Monaco grand prix is on the same weekend.
We had a look at some alternate routes but all airports to South of France very expensive that weekend.

In light of the draw we have decided to wait a get a charter if we qualify. As we have no away trips before possible final its not a bad option.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Postby Serb » January 27th, 2020, 12:22 am

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:lyon is a good shout. When you say 30mins...did you mean 1hour and 30mins? TGV is coming up as that for me from lyon airport. https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Lyon-Airport-LYS/Marseille

Oh probably yeah [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] I didn’t double check the time, had remembered it as 30 mins.
Serb
Bookworm

Postby curates_egg » January 27th, 2020, 9:58 am

It's a three hour drive from Carcassone if you can rent a car.
Flying to somewhere on that train line is an option but the TGV is expensive.
There are direct TGVs from Brussels - a bunch of us here are going but not enough to affect the price...the Monaco Grand Prix is a curve ball though: a lot of petrolheads in Belgium.
Train tickets for May just went on sale at the weekend, so now is the time to book the train. It typically doesn't get cheaper.
curates_egg
Isa Nacewa

Return to Leinster Addicts