Ospreys Away, 21st of Feb

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

alanair
Mullet

Re: Ospreys Away, 21st of Feb

Post by alanair »

I only saw last 30 mins ... so maybe I got the best of it ... but even from that part , Dooley deserved MOTM ...his best season for Leinster by a mile...
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

And people laughed at me when I said he’s gonna turn out better than James Ryan
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Pilotman123 wrote:And people laughed at me when I said he’s gonna turn out better than James Ryan
The dependent clause after the subordinating conjunction is unnecessary

;-)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Sloppy performance
Errors in all departments really

Frawley most unassured performance I’ve seen from him but JGP I thought was awful, really made some brain dead decisions
Pack did well but again the lineout was sloppy but conditions didn’t help as options were limited
Thought Josh Murphy and Dooley we’re both very good

Baird, great yes, but nobody pointing out he butchered a 2 v 1 to put cronin away which I’d say the coaches will have a thing or 2 to say
Thought the bench added impact, front row kept up the pressure in scrum
The Gnoll looked like a interesting spot!!!!
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

The Doc wrote:
Pilotman123 wrote:And people laughed at me when I said he’s gonna turn out better than James Ryan

;-)

I have no idea what you just said there, speak proper English
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Pilotman123 wrote:
The Doc wrote:

;-)

It's a medical term.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Pilotman123 wrote:
The Doc wrote:

;-)

Looks like the great St. Michaels don’t have great English Teachers :lol:
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Pilotman123 wrote:
The Doc wrote:

;-)

Pilotman, get a grip. James Ryan has 25 caps for Ireland. Ryan Baird made one decent break against the Ospreys.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Who uses the word “subordinating” I’ve never heard that word in my life, The Doc just say that sentence in simpler English
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

I’ve never heard anyone say the word “subordinating” in my entire life and I’ve had private education for 14 years..
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

D4surfer: Pilotman, get a grip. James Ryan has 25 caps for Ireland. Ryan Baird made one decent break against the Ospreys.[/quote]

Mate did you ever watch him play in the Senior Cup? He was unreal I’ve watched him play all the way up in school and he was a better player than James Ryan was in school
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Just caught up on this. Ospreys lived a good metre offside all day long, ridiculous that they got away with it. That doesn't excuse Frawley's passing though, he didn't seem to be under much pressure.

I'm glad I watched it knowing that we'd won, it was a tough watch. Lowe stepped it up as the game went on and both the halfbacks had great cameos but the rest of the backs seemed to make a lot of errors. Some good stuff thrown in there too but we needed to be more careful in the conditions.

The pack seemed to really step up though. Baird is special, interesting (for me at least given that I want him to play there :lol: ) that he went in at 6.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Pilotman123 wrote:D4surfer: Pilotman, get a grip. James Ryan has 25 caps for Ireland. Ryan Baird made one decent break against the Ospreys.

Mate did you ever watch him play in the Senior Cup? He was unreal I’ve watched him play all the way up in school and he was a better player than James Ryan was in school[/quote]

As it happens I did see him play in school. I think he’s a great player with a great future. James Ryan is doing it at a higher level. Baird may do it at the same level and I hope he does. He hasn’t yet.

It’s a bit like your private education. It counts for nothing unless you turn it into a real career that pays dividends. I hope you do and wish you well. In about 10 years time you can look back and say with certainty if you utilised your education to it’s maximum and equally if Baird realised his full rugby potential. I genuinely hope both deliver positive outcomes.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Pilotman123 wrote:Who uses the word “subordinating” I’ve never heard that word in my life, The Doc just say that sentence in simpler English
Lol

A "subordinating conjunction" is a word indicating a time of an event in a sentence (e.g. "when"). The "dependent clause" is the event that happened in relation to that conjunction.

The sentence in simpler English... You could have stopped your post before you said 'when"

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

The Doc wrote:
Pilotman123 wrote:Who uses the word “subordinating” I’ve never heard that word in my life, The Doc just say that sentence in simpler English
Lol

A "subordinating conjunction" is a word indicating a time of an event in a sentence (e.g. "when"). The "dependent clause" is the event that happened in relation to that conjunction.

The sentence in simpler English... You could have stopped your post before you said 'when"

“You could have stopped your post before you said when” haha good one you’re so funny...Don’t get cheeky with me again Doc..are you even a doctor?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

For crying out loud, is it possible to discuss one single match without supposed adults masturbating over their old school ties?
I have Bumbleflex
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Did COB and TOB go off injured?
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Dave Cahill wrote:For crying out loud, is it possible to discuss one single match without supposed adults masturbating over their old school ties?
Master Bates was a great teacher - learned a lot from him. :shock:
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Pilotman123 wrote:I’ve never heard anyone say the word “subordinating” in my entire life and I’ve had private education for 14 years..
Forgot to change login.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: The pack seemed to really step up though. Baird is special, interesting (for me at least given that I want him to play there :lol: ) that he went in at 6.
I'm really coming around to that idea of yours Ronk. He's an athletic marvel, and maybe the team could get the most from his physical gifts if he was freed up to play a loose role. Obviously P.S. du Toit is a model for second-row sized blindsides – and when you've made it as International Player of The Year, that legitimises the experiment. Apparently Baird is up at the top end of the aerobic fitness tests in the academy as well, the Bronco test or whatever they're using at the moment. He's a real born to run type of character.

Jack Dunne was only on the pitch for about two and a half minutes of play and made four tackles. The lad has such a good workrate. He returned like he had never been away, picking up where he left off last season with good tackles and constant movement. He hardly spends any time on the ground, he's always back up quickly and looking for work. Very impressive characteristic for such a big youngster [203cm/112kg]. He's going to get bigger as well, you can see that there's still room for growth there.

It's so encouraging to see these big men getting to grips with Pro14 standard rugby so quickly.

I thought the slightly older lads in the pack [the 2014 U20s] like Molony, Dooley and Murphy really held up their end of things. They've become a really competent, really physical trio at a relatively young age. Molony is closing in on 100 Leinster appearances [he's on 95 at the moment] and might make it there before his 26th birthday. Dooley [75 apps] is really coming into his prime now at 25, and is beginning to remind me of Jack McGrath – big workrate, great fitness and a lot of substance to his game. He doesn't take a break. Josh Murphy [35 apps] looks a lot broader than he was a couple of seasons ago and it has helped him in his natural game – he's not the type of guy who shows flashes of brilliance, he's an old-fashioned blindside. He's got a good bit of steel in him and seems to relish the tough stuff in what used to be called the tight-loose.

It's great to have guys of this calibre in the squad and getting rugby on a week-to-week basis. They provide the ticker to the squad and don't get much of the glory [like established internationals] or excitement [like the nippers].