ROAR ON LEINSTER

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

Pains me somewhat to do this but I have to - G'wan Leinster! Best of luck in Toulouse and hopefully we'll meet ye in LR for the semi-final
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

RichardP wrote:Pains me somewhat to do this but I have to - G'wan Leinster! Best of luck in Toulouse and hopefully we'll meet ye in LR for the semi-final
Shouldn't be painful at all Richard. I'll be cheering on Munster with the hope of meeting in the semi final. Best of luck
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

I think in all fairness, the vast majority of Leinster fans will be cheering on Munster, regardless of what happens in Toulouse. I know i will be anyway.
RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

Well there should be two cracking performances by both Provinces and an all-Irish semi-final would be a great occasion - and a significant statement on the state of Irish rugby
McCloud
Knowledgeable

Post by McCloud »

To all travelling safe trip and bring back the result. Looking forward to meeting you in LR for the semi!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Thanks K, best of luck yourselves and remember my living room floor! :wink:
I have Bumbleflex
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

RichardP wrote:Well there should be two cracking performances by both Provinces and an all-Irish semi-final would be a great occasion - and a significant statement on the state of Irish rugby
I agree that it would be a great statement on the state of Irish Rugby but I don't think that it would be a great occasion. Not looking back to the last time I was at a match at LR when the two teams met in the CL Cup final (which we won, with 14 men and and 20 point half time deficit). It would sink into a slanging match with little grace from either side. There would be the ticketing issues already discussed on another thread. Being a Leinster fan I have to want Leinster to win and I wish no ill will on Munster but as I say I don't think an all Ireland semi-final would be the great match that some think it would be.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
McCloud
Knowledgeable

Post by McCloud »

Dave Cahill wrote:Thanks K, best of luck yourselves and remember my living room floor! :wink:
Will be holding you to that (hopefully).
socks
Bookworm

Post by socks »

Uncle Mort wrote:Not looking back to the last time I was at a match at LR when the two teams met in the CL Cup final
last time i was at match in lansdowne road between the two sides (12 months ago) was a great occasion. can't see it happening again soon though.
RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

Uncle Mort wrote:
RichardP wrote:Well there should be two cracking performances by both Provinces and an all-Irish semi-final would be a great occasion - and a significant statement on the state of Irish rugby
I agree that it would be a great statement on the state of Irish Rugby but I don't think that it would be a great occasion. Not looking back to the last time I was at a match at LR when the two teams met in the CL Cup final (which we won, with 14 men and and 20 point half time deficit). It would sink into a slanging match with little grace from either side. There would be the ticketing issues already discussed on another thread. Being a Leinster fan I have to want Leinster to win and I wish no ill will on Munster but as I say I don't think an all Ireland semi-final would be the great match that some think it would be.
No doubt there'd be slanging, slagging and sledging Mort. That's to be expected and unfortunately some people on both sides would take it to stupid extremes, but the vast majority would view it as a contest for ongoing bragging rights - most of which is generally good-humoured. The teams would certainly be motivated for such a match, perhaps dangerously so in some ways, but we shouldn't shrink from such contests. I'd imagine it would be much like Wasps and Leicester without quite the same quantity of rancour but a significantly higher quality of banter. Let it happen, hope for it to happen is my wish
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

RichardP wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote:
No doubt there'd be slanging, slagging and sledging Mort. That's to be expected and unfortunately some people on both sides would take it to stupid extremes, but the vast majority would view it as a contest for ongoing bragging rights - most of which is generally good-humoured. The teams would certainly be motivated for such a match, perhaps dangerously so in some ways, but we shouldn't shrink from such contests. I'd imagine it would be much like Wasps and Leicester without quite the same quantity of rancour but a significantly higher quality of banter. Let it happen, hope for it to happen is my wish
I certainly hope it will happen anyway - heres hoping for three wins this weekend, starting tomorrow night.
A proud Winsome Fluter
scotscor
Knowledgeable

Post by scotscor »

gwan the westies
We won just twice