Toulouse to lose?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

fitz
Bookworm

Toulouse to lose?

Post by fitz »

Ok so I couldn't resist the title...

But seriously. Nine days to go to the big game - what are leinster's chances?
Toulouse are the best team in europe for some time now. They are unbeaten at home in the HEC for some time now. Will we be relying on them to have an off day & us to be on form to win? Can gleeson harass michalak enough to ensure he has a bad day out? Can we live with them up front? Toulouse v Agen Setanta this Friday. Got to be worth a look.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Can't help thinking back to last years QF when our international players came back from a disappointing end to the 6N and took that form into the game against the Exiles (sorry, Leicester). Also DK was slithering back to his Turnipstani roots and Shane Jennings had been poached. We were shite, but with all that in the background was it that surprising.

At the end of this years group stage I thought we had a 30/70 chance of winning in Toulouse. Now I'm thinking no worse than 50/50.

b*%&!cks, I hate it when I start getting confident!
A proud Winsome Fluter
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

I genuinely believe that we can.

They are probably the best side in the Competition, history wise, but we are arguably as good as them. We just haven't performed at the highest level, YET.

1 to 15, we're as good as them. Any time I've seen Toulouse recently they were far from convincing. And they have a tendency to ship a lot of points.

Cheika & Knoxy get the tactics right, its anybodies game.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

I think we can do it too. I just would like to see a bit of extra beef in th pack in the form of Giss.
Cheika says he has been watching toulouse for some time and has developed a strategy for beating them. I'd be inclined to think he's got something pretty concrete to work on. As someone said they do ship a lot of points. it'll be about ruthless execution - something Mr. Cheika is pretty hot on but doesn't always get.

I can see us starting well, and if we can stop them getting back into it, we could hold off a one or 2 score lead.
fitz
Bookworm

Post by fitz »

yeah up front is where it will be won or lost. our backs are pretty well much all on form and will have the match of the toulouse backs (at least). i am slightly worried about our front five. would like to see gissing in there aswell as we need to front up and he will.

interesting to hear cheika saying that. one advantage is he has been studying them for two months now. its unlikely guy noves has spent half as much time. toulouse will eventually lose a QF at home. hopefully its sat week!
go_on_the_poni
Bookworm

Post by go_on_the_poni »

have a look at what their fans are predicting

http://www.forumst.net//index.php?s=79d ... 5718&st=45
rarrr
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Oh well, might as well cancel the tickets now.
Sure what do the cheese eating surrender monkeys know about Rugby, one of them even thinks that Munster will get to the final :lol:
A proud Winsome Fluter
Phil06
Graduate

Post by Phil06 »

Well if its form we want I hope the Leinster Internationals bottled some of the emotion and determination they showed in Twix last weekend... My money is on Shaggy & Girv to have the games of their lifes in Toulouse!!!
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

My money is on Shaggy & Girv to have the games of their lifes in Toulouse!!!
Every game Girv plays is a game of his life. He's that fockin amazing.
ad nauseam
Knowledgeable

Post by ad nauseam »

Nope, not a hope. The most we can expect is for them to have an off day and for us to be on song, in which case we will lose by no more than 5 points! Positive or wha'? That said, I'll be there just in case the pig flies again, like it did in Bath...
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

ad nauseam wrote:Nope, not a hope. The most we can expect is for them to have an off day and for us to be on song, in which case we will lose by no more than 5 points! Positive or wha'? That said, I'll be there just in case the pig flies again, like it did in Bath...
Well that destroyed the feel good factor to this thread! :twisted:

Tell me, would you be laying odds on that? Have to disagree with you there, and we need positive attitudes to make our support count.

Welcome to the site ad naus! You looking forward to Toulouse?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

harryp wrote:
ad nauseam wrote:Nope, not a hope. The most we can expect is for them to have an off day and for us to be on song, in which case we will lose by no more than 5 points! Positive or wha'? That said, I'll be there just in case the pig flies again, like it did in Bath...
Well that destroyed the feel good factor to this thread! :twisted:

Tell me, would you be laying odds on that? Have to disagree with you there, and we need positive attitudes to make our support count.

Welcome to the site ad naus! You looking forward to Toulouse?
Hello PESSIMISM!!!

pigs didnt fly in Bath-we were/are a better team than Bath, home and away....no surprises that we won-we just did it in style.

If we play well-we will win...
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
ad nauseam
Knowledgeable

Post by ad nauseam »

Nothing like a dose of reality to stir it up! :wink:
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

They beat Agen 19-7, in horrible conditions.
Seemingly Ellisalde had a nightmare of a game :mrgreen:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys