O'Driscoll keen to silence critics

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

O'Driscoll keen to silence critics

Post by Duke Raoul »

Brian O'Driscoll has admitted that the entire Leinster squad is relishing the build-up to this Saturday's mouth-watering Heineken Cup quarter-final against Toulouse at Le Stadium Municipal.

Few punters are backing the men from Donnybrook to topple the reigning champions on their own patch but O'Driscoll insisted that his colleagues certainly aren't lacking belief, or indeed confidence, ahead of the trip to South-West France.

"I'm thoroughly looking forward it," the 27-year-old centre told reporters at Wednesday's press conference at the RDS.

"Thankfully, we had a few days off last week when we were able to rest the minds and the bodies.

"But when we came in last Thursday you could really sense a great level of anticipation throughout the whole squad.

"You can feel that everyone is really hungry for this game and it's really just a big opportunity for us.

"A lot of people have written us off so we're determined to go out and play the way we can.

"We want to make ourselves difficult to beat and I think that's the key.

"We know that if we play to the level that we're capable of we'll be a tough side to beat on any given day."

Indeed, O'Driscoll feels that there is very little to choose between the two sides, certainly in terms of attacking flair.

"I certainly don't think we're far behind them," he Ireland skipper argued. "We've got very skilful players, and we're a very fit side.

"At times, we've played a great brand of rugby this year. I think people have enjoyed watching us.

"But, in saying that, you can't just focus solely on one style - you've got to have the ability to mix your game up. Different things are required to win different games.

"We'll go out there and hopefully entertain, but, at the same time, I'll gladly take a win by the smallest of margins after playing percentage rugby."

Although, O'Driscoll admitted that he is hoping to put on a unforgettable show for the rumoured 5,000-strong Leinster support travelling to this Saturday's last eight encounter.

"I think the fact that there's talk of 5,000 people heading over to Toulouse for the game is hugely encouraging for us," he enthused.

"Hopefully, they'll be pretty vocal and they'll spur us on. They did a great job for us in Bath and there was only a couple of thousand there that day.

"So, if that number is going to be doubled this weekend, hopefully we'll be able to give them a day to remember."
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

"Hopefully, they'll be pretty vocal and they'll spur us on. They did a great job for us in Bath and there was only a couple of thousand there that day.
I dont think creating noise will be a problem......
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

TrueBlue wrote:I dont think creating noise will be a problem......
They'll know we're there alright!!
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"