Seriously Now

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Uncle Mort wrote:
ckav wrote:Oh God, is anyone else really nervous? :cry:
Not nervouse as such - but we'll see at Saturday tea time how we feel - I honestly think that we will score three tries and that along with associated kicks may be enough - it may not but I think that they'll have to score 25 points to beat us. I do hope that we settle quickly and don't give away early penalties as we're sometimes prone to do.
I'm no use to man or beast today, there are client websites crashing all over europe and do I give a monkeys?
I have Bumbleflex
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

Im nervous, really nervous, really really nervous...

...i just dont understand it....how do they do it....it defies logic.....its incomprehendable......its mind-boggling.....how the f%~k do the get an airplane in the air!!!
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

TrueBlue wrote:Im nervous, really nervous, really really nervous...

...i just dont understand it....how do they do it....it defies logic.....its incomprehendable......its mind-boggling.....how the f%~k do the get an airplane in the air!!!
It's well known how aeroplanes fly - they fly because everyone (and I mean everyone) on board believes they can fly. As soon as one person starts to have doubts that's when the turbulence starts, which of course makes someone else have doubts which is when the captain puts on the fasten seatbelts sign which makes someone else have doubts which causes a bit more turbulence. What then happens is that either those having doubts get over their problem and believe the plane can fly, in which case smooth air is reached again, the sign is switched off and those former doubters can visit the toilet or a spiral of decline is entered in which case, unless it can be halted the plane will get ever lower which in the case of a short flight may be ok as the runway may be reached, but over the Atlantic or Pyrenese...
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

Uncle Mort wrote:
TrueBlue wrote:Im nervous, really nervous, really really nervous...

It's well known how aeroplanes fly - they fly because everyone (and I mean everyone) on board believes they can fly. As soon as one person starts to have doubts that's when the turbulence starts, which of course makes someone else have doubts which is when the captain puts on the fasten seatbelts sign which makes someone else have doubts which causes a bit more turbulence. What then happens is that either those having doubts get over their problem and believe the plane can fly, in which case smooth air is reached again, the sign is switched off and those former doubters can visit the toilet or a spiral of decline is entered in which case, unless it can be halted the plane will get ever lower which in the case of a short flight may be ok as the runway may be reached, but over the Atlantic or Pyrenese...
Thanks for that.....
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

The lads seem to be well focused anyway. I was talking to super Rob today, he sure has a sensible head on him for such a young guy
JoseFantastique
Mullet

Post by JoseFantastique »

ckav wrote:
JoseFantastique wrote:It's not optimism to admit a limited Wasps team competed with Toulouse and that Leinster have a greater cutting edge out wide. Toulouse are beatable, probably more beatable in the HEC closing stages than they've been since the Munster semi 3 years ago (not including the freakish Wasps final Toulouse should have won).
Like the optimism, but still think we'll be well hammered on Saturday. Why Gissing isn't there, is seriously odd. I haven't seen the papers today - is there any comment from the I Times?
I claim my visionary status.
It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

JoseFantastique wrote:
ckav wrote:
JoseFantastique wrote:It's not optimism to admit a limited Wasps team competed with Toulouse and that Leinster have a greater cutting edge out wide. Toulouse are beatable, probably more beatable in the HEC closing stages than they've been since the Munster semi 3 years ago (not including the freakish Wasps final Toulouse should have won).
Like the optimism, but still think we'll be well hammered on Saturday. Why Gissing isn't there, is seriously odd. I haven't seen the papers today - is there any comment from the I Times?
Uncle Mort wrote:
ckav wrote:Oh God, is anyone else really nervous? :cry:
Not nervouse as such - but we'll see at Saturday tea time how we feel - I honestly think that we will score three tries and that along with associated kicks may be enough - it may not but I think that they'll have to score 25 points to beat us. I do hope that we settle quickly and don't give away early penalties as we're sometimes prone to do.
And I too claim visionary status - for I did not waver in my belief - ok we scored 4 not 3 so I was a bit out!!
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

JoseFantastique wrote:
ckav wrote:
:lol: :lol: Good on you, Joey! De-focking-lira to have been proved so drastically wrong!!